IF -One meal a day nutrition

Options

Replies

• Romyarts2014
    Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't burst her bubble guys - she wont have anywhere to live!

:brokenheart:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    OP, ideally you have nutritional goals of xx calories and yy proteins and zz fat.

How you distribute that during the day should help you meet those goals, not hinder them. It seems you've over complicated things to meet those goals.

Possibly add a meal in your short window. Belgian or Dutch chocolate and how about some gehaktballen, gerookte makreel or erwtensoep ?
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Also, I'll apologize if I came off as rude. Truth be told, I want you to succeed long term. And, when you fall short of your ideal goals, the motivation to keep going takes a kick right in the family jewels. It is for that reason that I am asking you to seriously consider what goals will make you happy. I know that 173 lbs in 10 months isn't your real goal. But, it is the only number you have brought up. And, if that it the only thing you keep in mind when comparing your success, you stand a very real risk of major disappointment in your new lifestyle. I am just trying to encourage you to find a realistic, personal way to feel successful.

It could be weight related (3% loss a month, for example), Calorie related (average net calories / week between XXXX and XXXX), health related (run/jog a 5k in under 40 minutes), or whatever. But, comparing your loss to an almost unachievable number is something I strongly encourage you to not do.

Maybe you won't. Maybe you're not. But, I would rather come off as a little rude and a bit of a jerk and have you be successful long term than let you give up after a few months when you realize the diet isn't going to do what you secretly hoped it would do.
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    OP, ideally you have nutritional goals of xx calories and yy proteins and zz fat.

How you distribute that during the day should help you meet those goals, not hinder them. It seems you've over complicated things to meet those goals.

Possibly add a meal in your short window. Belgian or Dutch chocolate and how about some gehaktballen, gerookte makreel or erwtensoep ?

HAAHAH ! gehaktballen are my favs lol!
    I am just going add a shake and making open my time window up a little
    thanks ;)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    All I know is that dogs should be fed multiple times a day because, if not, when they have a full stomach (bigger meal = more food in it), there is a risk of them twisting and upsetting the location of their stomach when laying down and/or rolling over. I personally know more than one dog that has died from this.

Now, I realiz we're not dogs, but biologically, we are exactly the same. 99.9% of our DNA is the same and our bodies work in the exact same way. I believe that eating 2000+ calories (for me, anyway) in one meal cannot be a good thing for my health or my body. There is no way anyone can convince me otherwise. Besides, if you want to get the most micronutrients per calorie eaten, there will be a lot of fruits and veggies involved, which will just increase the volume of food you need to consume. A 500 calorie salad is enogh to pack me full. I cannot imagine eating that much food.

Oh, and 200g of protein is 1kg of chicken breast. 1 FREAKING KILOGRAM! That's over 2 lbs of chicken, IN ONE MEAL! That's just ludacris.

I also have a background in endurance sports. If you want to *try* to eat all your food in one meal, you'll probably end up killing yourself if you tried to bike for 3+ hours in the morning - without eating anything else.

Anyway, if you do continue with this venture, make sure you wait 2 hours after eating before you exercise to allow your body to digest the food.

I am not eating 2000 plus calories
    and im not eating 2 ibs of chicken.

Today i had a salad
    and a sandwich with meat cheeze and egg
    with yoghurt and kropeok

I eat 1300-1500 calories
    Which me being morbidly obese I was eating alone for breakfast.

So again everyone works differently. i have 22 hours to digest and I work out in am and at night

I wasn't talking abuot you, I was talking about if I was doing it. Do you think I'm dumb or something?

Besides, you're smaller than i am, so you would eat less, however, your stomach is smaller as well. The logic still fits.

Besides, what if you wanted to get really active and start focusing on fitness instead of just being skinny? A girl like you could easily eat 3000+ calories every day while maintaining at a high level of activity. Are you still going to eat one meal every day? That would be insane.
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    Also, I'll apologize if I came off as rude. Truth be told, I want you to succeed long term. And, when you fall short of your ideal goals, the motivation to keep going takes a kick right in the family jewels. It is for that reason that I am asking you to seriously consider what goals will make you happy. I know that 173 lbs in 10 months isn't your real goal. But, it is the only number you have brought up. And, if that it the only thing you keep in mind when comparing your success, you stand a very real risk of major disappointment in your new lifestyle. I am just trying to encourage you to find a realistic, personal way to feel successful.

It could be weight related (3% loss a month, for example), Calorie related (average net calories / week between XXXX and XXXX), health related (run/jog a 5k in under 40 minutes), or whatever. But, comparing your loss to an almost unachievable number is something I strongly encourage you to not do.

Maybe you won't. Maybe you're not. But, I would rather come off as a little rude and a bit of a jerk and have you be successful long term than let you give up after a few months when you realize the diet isn't going to do what you secretly hoped it would do.

:cry: :flowerforyou:

Thank you, and im sorry for calling you that.
    I understand that everyone has opinions. And I understand that aiming for something that is non realistic is not were I need to put my head. I just know that I am a strong person with alot of fight in me and I have been tackling this weight loss things for years. and for the first time in my 21 years on this earth I feel like I finally found something that will take me to were I need to be. I just need to do a little tinkering to get it to my nutrional needs to make this into something I can use for the rest of my life.
    :bigsmile:
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    1 word to describe intermittent fasting:

Pointless.
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    All I know is that dogs should be fed multiple times a day because, if not, when they have a full stomach (bigger meal = more food in it), there is a risk of them twisting and upsetting the location of their stomach when laying down and/or rolling over. I personally know more than one dog that has died from this.

Now, I realiz we're not dogs, but biologically, we are exactly the same. 99.9% of our DNA is the same and our bodies work in the exact same way. I believe that eating 2000+ calories (for me, anyway) in one meal cannot be a good thing for my health or my body. There is no way anyone can convince me otherwise. Besides, if you want to get the most micronutrients per calorie eaten, there will be a lot of fruits and veggies involved, which will just increase the volume of food you need to consume. A 500 calorie salad is enogh to pack me full. I cannot imagine eating that much food.

Oh, and 200g of protein is 1kg of chicken breast. 1 FREAKING KILOGRAM! That's over 2 lbs of chicken, IN ONE MEAL! That's just ludacris.

I also have a background in endurance sports. If you want to *try* to eat all your food in one meal, you'll probably end up killing yourself if you tried to bike for 3+ hours in the morning - without eating anything else.

Anyway, if you do continue with this venture, make sure you wait 2 hours after eating before you exercise to allow your body to digest the food.

Today i had a salad
    with yoghurt and kropeok

I eat 1300-1500 calories

So again everyone works differently. i have 22 hours to digest and I work out in am and at night

I wasn't talking abuot you, I was talking about if I was doing it. Do you think I'm dumb or something?

Besides, you're smaller than i am, so you would eat less, however, your stomach is smaller as well. The logic still fits.

Besides, what if you wanted to get really active and start focusing on fitness instead of just being skinny? A girl like you could easily eat 3000+ calories every day while maintaining at a high level of activity. Are you still going to eat one meal every day? That would be insane.

Never said you were dumb!
    And i workout 2 hours a day , I am the gym at 11pm at night. It keeps me busy and on goal.
    I dont eat back my calories or anything, i never feel hungry and understood you might, so than its not for you simple.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options

Pointless.
    there are a hell of alot of people in the fitness community who would disagree with that, myself included
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Pointless.

And then...a volcano of sorts erupted...

2cor66t.jpg
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Pointless.

1 word you should consider:

Context.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Today i had a salad
    with yoghurt and kropeok

I eat 1300-1500 calories

And i workout 2 hours a day , I am the gym at 11pm at night. It keeps me busy and on goal.
    I dont eat back my calories or anything, i never feel hungry and understood you might, so than its not for you simple.

Okay. So you are already at a really low calorie amount (which from what I gathered is lower than what MFP probably had you at) and you are netting even lower???

The way MFP works is based on the NEAT method. This means they put you at a deficit and you are supposed to eat your exercise calories back to net the number they give you.

You are already decreasing your nutritional needs by being as low as you are, but you are definitely not meeting them if you are going to net lower than that.

From experience, cutting back so aggressively can lead to a lot of deficiencies and the nasty side effects those deficiencies cause.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Why would one want to fast for 22 hours? Would that not make someone cranky?

WOW!!!!!
    What a dumbass!
    sorry for me leading a different lifestyle from your is going to make my life unpleasant.
    Up yours douche

and

I NEVER SAID THAT I WAS LOOKING TO LOSE THAT MUCH THAT FAST !!!!!!
    IF I DO GREAT!!!!!!!
    BUT IM NOT GOING INTO THIS THINING OHHH IM GOING TO LOSE 180 POUNDS IN 10 MONTHS !!!!
    I am doing this for my health and it has made me feel great so far, so dont put words in my mouth.
    I was putting that on there as a (YOU SEE IT WORKS) type thing. so dont hunny!

I'm going to speculate that for the OP of this thread, the answer to the bolded question is yes based on anecdotal evidence.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :noway:

I am not cranky, im actually very happy right now lol.
    But it does piss me of when someone puts things in my mouth or trys to make me into a bad guy!
    so yes he is a douche. saying that im going to live a unpleasent life makes him a big DOUCHE :explode:

OP, a little friendly advice- don't use the "D" word. Speaking from personal experience, it's apparently it's offense to some people around here, even when it isn't directed towards anyone. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to get reported for it.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous myself, but if people being like the above piss you off, I'm guessing a message from a mod that you've been reported for using said word wouldn't go over well either.

Cheers! :drinker:
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Back to the original question:

Your main focus should be on protein with your meal. If you're trying to hit 100-150g a day, then proteins are going to be the center of what you eat during your window. You allow more carbs that I personally eat, which is great for getting some easy calories in without getting sick from too much volume. For this I would have rice or baked sweet potato (or regular potatoes). I would add butter or olive oil, sour cream, etc. It does up the amount of fat you'll be eating, but fat is important for nutrient absorption and also gallbladder health (always try for 30g or more a day from what I have read). It will also help up the calories to be within your goal range.

The main thing will be finding proteins you like. Tuna on top of a salad at the start of the meal. A few servings of chicken, fish, beef, lamb, whatever, with the meal. Maybe some beans on the side. A helping of rice or potato. And finish it all off with some nuts (for more protein and calories) drizzled with dark chocolate for dessert. [Every course has a protein in it, even the dessert] Mmmm, I am making myself hungry here. LOL
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

lol. Right?
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    Back to the original question:

Your main focus should be on protein with your meal. If you're trying to hit 100-150g a day, then proteins are going to be the center of what you eat during your window. You allow more carbs that I personally eat, which is great for getting some easy calories in without getting sick from too much volume. For this I would have rice or baked sweet potato (or regular potatoes). I would add butter or olive oil, sour cream, etc. It does up the amount of fat you'll be eating, but fat is important for nutrient absorption and also gallbladder health (always try for 30g or more a day from what I have read). It will also help up the calories to be within your goal range.

The main thing will be finding proteins you like. Tuna on top of a salad at the start of the meal. A few servings of chicken, fish, beef, lamb, whatever, with the meal. Maybe some beans on the side. A helping of rice or potato. And finish it all off with some nuts (for more protein and calories) drizzled with dark chocolate for dessert. [Every course has a protein in it, even the dessert] Mmmm, I am making myself hungry here. LOL

MMM yum, i put tuna on my salad a few days ago and it was amazing and yesterday I made tuna tortilla wraps.
    The sweet potatoes sound amazing! I went and bought some fish and rice today :laugh:. I did hear that nuts have alot of calories but also alot of good fats. Thanks for the advice! sounds great!
  • Romyarts2014
    Options

lol. Right?

:yawn:
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Pointless.

1 word to describe this comment:

Pointless
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I did hear that nuts have alot of calories but also alot of good fats.

They do. Get a food scale, if you don't have one, and weigh them. It is hard to accurately measure them otherwise and a 25g can have around 200 calories.

Be careful to not go crazy with the nuts. They can be a way to add a bunch of calories without noticing it. But, they have good fats, protein, and they make a nice crunchy addition to dessert with chocolate or whatever else you fancy.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Today i had a salad
    with yoghurt and kropeok

I eat 1300-1500 calories

Okay. So you are already at a really low calorie amount (which from what I gathered is lower than what MFP probably had you at) and you are netting even lower???

The way MFP works is based on the NEAT method. This means they put you at a deficit and you are supposed to eat your exercise calories back to net the number they give you.

You are already decreasing your nutritional needs by being as low as you are, but you are definitely not meeting them if you are going to net lower than that.

From experience, cutting back so aggressively can lead to a lot of deficiencies and the nasty side effects those deficiencies cause.

Ive mentioned this numerous times in the post. Clearly OP doesnt want to look at her calorie number as a possible red flag for unsustainability and for health issues