IF -One meal a day nutrition

Options
12346»

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,277 Member
    Options
    I did hear that nuts have alot of calories but also alot of good fats.

They do. Get a food scale, if you don't have one, and weigh them. It is hard to accurately measure them otherwise and a 25g can have around 200 calories.

Be careful to not go crazy with the nuts. They can be a way to add a bunch of calories without noticing it. But, they have good fats, protein, and they make a nice crunchy addition to dessert with chocolate or whatever else you fancy.
    8 calories per almond?! Such a ripoff! :bigsmile:
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    All I know is that dogs should be fed multiple times a day because, if not, when they have a full stomach (bigger meal = more food in it), there is a risk of them twisting and upsetting the location of their stomach when laying down and/or rolling over. I personally know more than one dog that has died from this.

Now, I realiz we're not dogs, but biologically, we are exactly the same. 99.9% of our DNA is the same and our bodies work in the exact same way. I believe that eating 2000+ calories (for me, anyway) in one meal cannot be a good thing for my health or my body. There is no way anyone can convince me otherwise. Besides, if you want to get the most micronutrients per calorie eaten, there will be a lot of fruits and veggies involved, which will just increase the volume of food you need to consume. A 500 calorie salad is enogh to pack me full. I cannot imagine eating that much food.

Oh, and 200g of protein is 1kg of chicken breast. 1 FREAKING KILOGRAM! That's over 2 lbs of chicken, IN ONE MEAL! That's just ludacris.

I also have a background in endurance sports. If you want to *try* to eat all your food in one meal, you'll probably end up killing yourself if you tried to bike for 3+ hours in the morning - without eating anything else.

Anyway, if you do continue with this venture, make sure you wait 2 hours after eating before you exercise to allow your body to digest the food.

Oh no you didn't! You just compared her to a dog! And she's already cranky (probably because she hasn't eaten yet today).

Oh man, this is totally out of control!!! lol
  • Romyarts2014
    Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    All I know is that dogs should be fed multiple times a day because, if not, when they have a full stomach (bigger meal = more food in it), there is a risk of them twisting and upsetting the location of their stomach when laying down and/or rolling over. I personally know more than one dog that has died from this.

Now, I realiz we're not dogs, but biologically, we are exactly the same. 99.9% of our DNA is the same and our bodies work in the exact same way. I believe that eating 2000+ calories (for me, anyway) in one meal cannot be a good thing for my health or my body. There is no way anyone can convince me otherwise. Besides, if you want to get the most micronutrients per calorie eaten, there will be a lot of fruits and veggies involved, which will just increase the volume of food you need to consume. A 500 calorie salad is enogh to pack me full. I cannot imagine eating that much food.

Oh, and 200g of protein is 1kg of chicken breast. 1 FREAKING KILOGRAM! That's over 2 lbs of chicken, IN ONE MEAL! That's just ludacris.

I also have a background in endurance sports. If you want to *try* to eat all your food in one meal, you'll probably end up killing yourself if you tried to bike for 3+ hours in the morning - without eating anything else.

Anyway, if you do continue with this venture, make sure you wait 2 hours after eating before you exercise to allow your body to digest the food.

Oh no you didn't! You just compared her to a dog! And she's already cranky (probably because she hasn't eaten yet today).

Oh man, this is totally out of control!!! lol

:mad: yes im soooo mad :explode:

:bigsmile:
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Romyarts2014
    Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I am not eating 2000 plus calories
    and im not eating 2 ibs of chicken.

Today i had a salad
    and a sandwich with meat cheeze and egg
    with yoghurt and kropeok

I eat 1300-1500 calories
    Which me being morbidly obese I was eating alone for breakfast.

So again everyone works differently. i have 22 hours to digest and I work out in am and at night

I wasn't talking abuot you, I was talking about if I was doing it. Do you think I'm dumb or something?

Besides, you're smaller than i am, so you would eat less, however, your stomach is smaller as well. The logic still fits.

Besides, what if you wanted to get really active and start focusing on fitness instead of just being skinny? A girl like you could easily eat 3000+ calories every day while maintaining at a high level of activity. Are you still going to eat one meal every day? That would be insane.

Never said you were dumb!
    And i workout 2 hours a day , I am the gym at 11pm at night. It keeps me busy and on goal.
    I dont eat back my calories or anything, i never feel hungry and understood you might, so than its not for you simple.

Okay. So you are already at a really low calorie amount (which from what I gathered is lower than what MFP probably had you at) and you are netting even lower???

The way MFP works is based on the NEAT method. This means they put you at a deficit and you are supposed to eat your exercise calories back to net the number they give you.

You are already decreasing your nutritional needs by being as low as you are, but you are definitely not meeting them if you are going to net lower than that.

From experience, cutting back so aggressively can lead to a lot of deficiencies and the nasty side effects those deficiencies cause.

Ive mentioned this numerous times in the post. Clearly OP doesnt want to look at her calorie number as a possible red flag for unsustainability and for health issues

MFP has be set at 2100
    I set myself to 1500.
    I have not been eating enough and sometimes am at about 1280 but have been trying to get to 1300-1500.

Yes its low
    But I get plenty from the 1300-1500
    I will however start adding a 300 calorie protein shake.

Was not ignoring your post, i was to busy with all of the other ones.
    :flowerforyou:
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options

I am not eating 2000 plus calories
    and im not eating 2 ibs of chicken.

Today i had a salad
    and a sandwich with meat cheeze and egg
    with yoghurt and kropeok

I eat 1300-1500 calories
    Which me being morbidly obese I was eating alone for breakfast.

So again everyone works differently. i have 22 hours to digest and I work out in am and at night

I wasn't talking abuot you, I was talking about if I was doing it. Do you think I'm dumb or something?

Besides, you're smaller than i am, so you would eat less, however, your stomach is smaller as well. The logic still fits.

Besides, what if you wanted to get really active and start focusing on fitness instead of just being skinny? A girl like you could easily eat 3000+ calories every day while maintaining at a high level of activity. Are you still going to eat one meal every day? That would be insane.

Never said you were dumb!
    And i workout 2 hours a day , I am the gym at 11pm at night. It keeps me busy and on goal.
    I dont eat back my calories or anything, i never feel hungry and understood you might, so than its not for you simple.

Okay. So you are already at a really low calorie amount (which from what I gathered is lower than what MFP probably had you at) and you are netting even lower???

The way MFP works is based on the NEAT method. This means they put you at a deficit and you are supposed to eat your exercise calories back to net the number they give you.

You are already decreasing your nutritional needs by being as low as you are, but you are definitely not meeting them if you are going to net lower than that.

From experience, cutting back so aggressively can lead to a lot of deficiencies and the nasty side effects those deficiencies cause.

Ive mentioned this numerous times in the post. Clearly OP doesnt want to look at her calorie number as a possible red flag for unsustainability and for health issues

MFP has be set at 2100
    I set myself to 1500.
    I have not been eating enough and sometimes am at about 1280 but have been trying to get to 1300-1500.

Yes its low

Where did you get the 1500 though? Not eating enough may not be sustainable long term and it can cause some health issues. so while you may feel you are eating enough your body might be screaming for more food
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    OP you're food diary says you are burning 1500 calories per day with exercise.. and only eating 1300 calories per day?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    MFP has be set at 2100
    I set myself to 1500.

Yes its low

Why did you reset your calorie goal? It appears to me as though you are relatively new to the weight loss game or cal counting.

If you want to eat one meal a day, that is fine but I'd say for long term sustainability your cals are too low and at the cals that you should be eating, it wouldn't be A: easy to eat and B: beneficial over having more meals.

I created the IF group on here by the way and have been IFing for about 4 years now. It is NOT for everyone. Particularly those with higher calorie goals. The highest I've heard of for a female on 1 meal a day is around 1800. (and hitting appropriate macros).

BTW I have eaten 5000-6000 in one meal before. (Eating competition) I'm not a dog, but I didn't die :happy:
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I honestly did not sense the sarcasm or negativity; I think it was honest concern. I just started IF a couple days ago but I'm doing anywhere from 13-16:8, where I eat in an 8 hour window and I like that a lot. I'm sure you've researched a lot but make sure there are no negative side effects and I'm sure you'll notice by energy and maybe even getting your blood levels checked out make sure all is good there. I read an article that said the kind that you're doing isn't the best but I'm sure you've researched a lot and do what works for you. I personally feel like my stomach wouldn't be able to handle so many cals/protein in one sitting and would give me a hard time, as it is I have to eat a lot in the 8 hours but yeah a steak type thing could do it! Hope it goes well!
    So roughly 1400 calories in one meal. Do you think this makes sense?

I can sense your sarcasm , i didint post to get rude comments!
    IF works, and people have different ways of losing !

SO YES ! 1400 calories in one meal..

Im sure you have had a big mac and fries in one meal ??? one point in your life??

Mine is just healthier!

You didint have to comment or let alone post on my thread..

THANKS!!!

Nope no sarcasm, sorry you read it that way. Personally, I couldn't do this. I was asking more to see if you think you could do this for a period of time, long or short Health aside, and my eating aside, IF is affective for short periods of time, and some people use it for lifting and maintaining their weight. People also use it for other reasons I'm sure. As a public forum I can certainly post to your thread. If you think eating one meal per day makes sense best of luck. If you think long term it makes sense then best of luck. You may however, want to consider a different approach.

What are your goals and have you calculated your daily needs by using a website like fat2fitradio for BMR?

IF is affective for a short periods of time?
    thats not true! People do this as a lifestyle, there are groups and forums for this with people that do the same thing I am.

And yes this is a public forum, but negativity does not need to be posted.

I was simply asking about nutritional needs.
    I understand people might not understand this approach.
    But i also do not like eating a hand full of rabbit food at every meal just to get my calories
    I like feeling full, and this is how I do it.