7-Day Cleansing Diet & Miracle Soup Recipe

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Is there anything else you can do instead of bananas

I really just want this thread to DIAF and get off of My Topics. :explode:

I haven't been here for 3 MONTHS and this is the second in my topics. ffs!

Well the good news is, I like your tattoo.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    you guys are hating so much.

This is the diet I used to get down to 6% BF while retaining all my strength/muscle mass. It worked for me and it can work for you too. Don't knock it til you've tried it.

notsrs
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Saved! Soup sounds good
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    *sigh*

7 more pages guys, we can make it happen.

tumblr_inline_mvitsg3ipw1s8ad19_zpscd667bf0.gif
  • bhallada
    bhallada Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All you naysayers...this isn't a starvation diet as you can eat as much as you want...yes, it's certain foods, but there are no calorie restrictions, so if you're hungry, you eat.

This is not a lifelong diet or change in eating habits, it is simply a way to jumpstart a weightloss program, and it works. You are NOT supposed to do this over and over, just for a week, and you can do it a few times a year. Yes, your body needs protein and fat, and on the fruit day, you get neither, but after that, you can eat vegetables that are high in protein and you eventually get milk and meat.

Is a lot of the weightloss water? Certainly, and most people know this going in. But seeing a 5 -10 pound loss on the scale can do a lot for your self-esteem, and it can certainly be a motivator to eat healthier in the long run.

There are a lot worse diets out there that are long-term and extremely unhealthy (e.g., HCG). This is a short-term diet where you basically eat as much healthy food as you want, and still lose weight. Give people credit for the will-power to try this, and credit for seeing that scale go down.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    All you naysayers...this isn't a starvation diet as you can eat as much as you want...yes, it's certain foods, but there are no calorie restrictions, so if you're hungry, you eat.

This IS a starvation diet. Look at the calorie content of the soup and tell me you could reach a normal, acceptable level of intake by eating "as much as you want".

There is no need to "jump start" anything, just eat an acceptable caloric deficit. It's certainly not motivating to see a 5-10 pound loss on the scale only to have it creep back on as weeks go by. That seems incredibly DE-motivating.

ETA: LMAO, I didn't realize this post was from Ancient Rome. oops!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

This IS a starvation diet. Look at the calorie content of the soup and tell me you could reach a normal, acceptable level of intake by eating "as much as you want".

There is no need to "jump start" anything, just eat an acceptable caloric deficit. It's certainly not motivating to see a 5-10 pound loss on the scale only to have it creep back on as weeks go by. That seems incredibly DE-motivating.

ETA: LMAO, I didn't realize this post was from Ancient Rome. oops!

:angry:

To be fair, the post above you is the one that bumped it.

And now mine.
  • annetteh145
    annetteh145 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    "Cleansing" with dry onion soup mix and veggies? Soup mixes are filled with a ton of ingredients that definitely don't aid in cleansing. Your kidneys and liver cleanse your body - not foods that give you diarrhea and empty out constipated bowels.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine is doing this.... at least she doesn't think she is cleansing anything - just trying to jumpstart eating better. She callled it the cabbage soup diet so I forgot ti was this cleansing debacle from a heart hospital LOL.

And there - 1 post closer to dead :P
  • Vorpal_Sword
    Vorpal_Sword Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Why are so many people on here so anxious to try these crazy cleanses and detoxes?
  • ecopas01
    ecopas01 Posts: 1
    Options
    Can I still drink Coffee/Tea on this diet?
  • LCB0600
    LCB0600 Posts: 1
    Options
    WOW.. the only thing I learned after reading these comments is that people on myfitnesspal.com are ironically very angry, hateful, and rude. Calling people names? Saying they deserve to be overweight and that "it figures" they're still dieting just because they've tried this? What is wrong with you?

This isn't meant to be a rinse-and-repeat type of thing, it's meant to do very rarely, to jump start a diet physically, or maybe mentally get you into the mindset to diet. It's only a week, and some just try this diet just to realize it's not for them.

It also appeals to people because, while other diets have you eating little bits of boring "healthy" things, this allows you to eat as much as you want of certain things.. which makes it easy for new "dieters" to wrap their mind around.

This IS a fad diet, or a "crash" diet, and it's definitely not healthy to do for any longer than a week, but it's just one week, and it can "cleanse" your body to focus on one food group at a time for a few days (considering, only days # 1, 2, and 4 are that extreme once you think about it) Don't rely on it, and realize that after this crazy week is over, you've completed something, and you're going in a good direction, but after you do this it's important to get back onto a healthy more balanced diet.

My "diet" : I just limit my calorie intake, and I make it a regular part of my lifestyle and then stop thinking about 'dieting" and just live a healthy lifestyle. I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies, drink lots of water and I add in healthy amounts of lean protein and whole grains daily. I avoid calorie-packed dressings and and sauces and never drink my calories. Life sometimes life gets in the way and there's an event or a special dinner and I eat "unhealthy foods" but.. everything in moderation. That and regular exercise keep me healthy, but I certainly won't diss people for trying this out or seeking out new ways to lose weight and feel better about themselves. I've tried it, and it worked, but it wasn't "magic" and because of the nutritional defect, I won't do it again for a long time, but I needed to break a plateau, and fit into a certain dress, and for that.. it worked wonderfully.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    WOW.. the only thing I learned after reading these comments is that people on myfitnesspal.com are ironically very angry, hateful, and rude. Calling people names? Saying they deserve to be overweight and that "it figures" they're still dieting just because they've tried this? What is wrong with you?

This isn't meant to be a rinse-and-repeat type of thing, it's meant to do very rarely, to jump start a diet physically, or maybe mentally get you into the mindset to diet. It's only a week, and some just try this diet just to realize it's not for them.

It also appeals to people because, while other diets have you eating little bits of boring "healthy" things, this allows you to eat as much as you want of certain things.. which makes it easy for new "dieters" to wrap their mind around.

This IS a fad diet, or a "crash" diet, and it's definitely not healthy to do for any longer than a week, but it's just one week, and it can "cleanse" your body to focus on one food group at a time for a few days (considering, only days # 1, 2, and 4 are that extreme once you think about it) Don't rely on it, and realize that after this crazy week is over, you've completed something, and you're going in a good direction, but after you do this it's important to get back onto a healthy more balanced diet.

My "diet" : I just limit my calorie intake, and I make it a regular part of my lifestyle and then stop thinking about 'dieting" and just live a healthy lifestyle. I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies, drink lots of water and I add in healthy amounts of lean protein and whole grains daily. I avoid calorie-packed dressings and and sauces and never drink my calories. Life sometimes life gets in the way and there's an event or a special dinner and I eat "unhealthy foods" but.. everything in moderation. That and regular exercise keep me healthy, but I certainly won't diss people for trying this out or seeking out new ways to lose weight and feel better about themselves. I've tried it, and it worked, but it wasn't "magic" and because of the nutritional defect, I won't do it again for a long time, but I needed to break a plateau, and fit into a certain dress, and for that.. it worked wonderfully.

Yeah..no. Also strong first post. :yawn:
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Man, who dug this fossil up? The original post was from almost 4 years ago *applause*
  • Krishna_Veni
    Krishna_Veni Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Yeah..no. Also strong first post. :yawn:

In for turning this into a 'mean people' thread.

cb0adf89_what-do-you-mean-you-people.jpeg
    Man, who dug this fossil up? The original post was from almost 4 years ago *applause*

Agreed.

tumblr_inline_mso8auuUYb1qz4rgp.gif
    bump

OK. :bigsmile:
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options

totally agree, Im on the 4th day of this diet.. I know its a fad, but honestly, it more of a mind cleanse than anything else.. im lovin it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

totally agree, Im on the 4th day of this diet.. I know its a fad, but honestly, it more of a mind cleanse than anything else.. im lovin it.

Some of us happen to believe that this particular diet is not only *not* beneficial, but actually detrimental for health *and* long-term success. That is why some of us are so vehemently opposed to it.

TL;DR - the sooner you stop trying to find a fad diet and instead focus on an approach that has been consistently demonstrated to work, the sooner you can start making progress towards a sustainable healthy goal. I say this from where you could be X months from now using the tools that are right here on this very site and not how you feel four days into nothing more than temporarily starving yourself.
  • tashat1976
    tashat1976 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Can I still drink Coffee/Tea on this diet?

You're presumably a grown-*kitten* adult. You can do whatever the hell you want.