7-Day Cleansing Diet & Miracle Soup Recipe

Options

Replies

• KittyHawk115
    Options
    Can I substitute the red meat for anything?
  • Lmoniquec
    Lmoniquec Posts: 1
    Options
    Is it really possible to lose 10lbs in one week? I'm on day two and hoping for the best.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Is it really possible to lose 10lbs in one week? I'm on day two and hoping for the best.

10 lbs of fat? Absolutely not.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6775-1400008353-18_zps7d966afb.gif
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    LOL memories , my mom did this years ago, I tried and like other comments...GAS I had to stop or I was going to get kicked out of the house :grumble: :grumble: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    How much water do you put in the soup?
  • mlrodgers381
    mlrodgers381 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump for soup recipe only
  • basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have completed this cleanse twice. The first time I lost 11lbs and then gained 4 back the following week (the rest stayed off for awhile but I eventually gained it back from eating like crap). The second time I lost almost 8lbs and gained 3 back over the course of the next week.

Obviously you will lose mostly water and this cleanse is not some sort of fat burning miracle fix.

This cleanse really works if you need to lose weight fast for a big event or as a jump start to a healthier lifestyle. You really do feel a sense of well being and accomplishment from it and the pounds drop fast so it is easy to stay motivated. I do not cheat at all when I do this cleanse.

I am currently on day 1 of doing only the first 3 days for the cleansing benefits before starting Insanity next week. Good luck to everyone who tries this cleanse. It REALLY does work!

P.S.- I use a modified version of the soup recipe that tastes way better. Message me if you want the recipe.
  • basiabroker
    Options
    I sent this soup recipe to someone in a private message but I figured I would post it here too in case anyone wants it.

Hi there,

This recipe will make enough to last one person for the 7 days. I typically add a little water to the bowl when I heat it up to thin it out a little.

7 cups water
    1.5 packets Lipton Onion Soup Mix
    3/4th of a large container reduced sodium chicken broth
    2 cans chopped tomatoes (I use the chili pepper flavored kind)
    2 cans green beans (drain)

Dice up the following kind of small so its easier to eat:

5-6 celery stalks
    A bag of baby carrots
    1 Green Pepper
    Bunch of Green onion

Throw it all in a large pot and bring it to a boil and then reduce and let it simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are tender.

I add fresh finely chopped garlic, finely chopped parsley, pepper and hot sauce for taste but you can jazz it up however you want....but don't add salt! In fact don't add salt or butter to ANYTHING for the whole 7 days. Except you can have one pat of butter on your baked potato on day 2.

Good luck! I promise it works if you stick to it and don't cheat. Don't drink anything aside from water and plain black coffee or tea.

Last bit of advice...invest in a bottle of Zquil and knock yourself out early every night. The late night cravings are pretty bad and this will help you avoid them and make sure you sleep. Let me know how its going. :)
  • basiabroker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just completed the first 3 days of this cleanse to detox before starting insanity. I lost exactly 4 lbs doing the first 3 days with no cheating. I will probably gain a pound back today after eating normal but I am super pleased with these 3 days results. :)
  • gfrogel
    gfrogel Posts: 14
    Options
    Bump...definitely want to give it a try!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Zombie_thread_alert_zps3c5d9fec.jpg
  • basiabroker
    Options

I don't even know what this means.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just completed the first 3 days of this cleanse to detox before starting insanity. I lost exactly 4 lbs doing the first 3 days with no cheating. I will probably gain a pound back today after eating normal but I am super pleased with these 3 days results. :)
    4lbs of water. Even if it was 3lbs, how much of it was actual fat? 3lbs of fat is 10,500 calories and a deficit of 3,500 calories a day ABOVE what you're also supposed to burn. So even with a 2,000 calorie deficit a day, it's still well short of 3lbs of fat.
    Scale weight doesn't indicate what weight was lost, just that weight was lost.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

I don't even know what this means.

An old thread (from 2010) that has come back to life......
  • saintgail
    saintgail Posts: 3
    Options
    i would love to have the 3 day cleanse, too. it sounds interesting.Muff:smile::smile:
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This soup is very tasty for a cleansing sort of diet. I couldn't make it through the 3rd day, but it certainly did cleanse me for the few days I did it.
  • basiabroker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

4lbs of water. Even if it was 3lbs, how much of it was actual fat? 3lbs of fat is 10,500 calories and a deficit of 3,500 calories a day ABOVE what you're also supposed to burn. So even with a 2,000 calorie deficit a day, it's still well short of 3lbs of fat.
    Scale weight doesn't indicate what weight was lost, just that weight was lost.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Hello,

If you read my previous posts in this thread you would see that I said that this is not some type of fat burning miracle diet and that its good if you want to lose some quick weight before an event or to jumpstart a healthier lifestyle. I also stated that both time I finished this cleanse for the whole 7 days I gained back a lot of the weight within a week. I did the first 3 days of this cleanse this week to detoxify before starting Insanity (along with the recommended diet plan while doing it). I am not fooled into thinking (or trying to fool anyone else) that you can lose a bunch of "real" weight on this cleanse.
  • basiabroker
    Options
    i would love to have the 3 day cleanse, too. it sounds interesting.Muff:smile::smile:

I don't know of any actual 3 day soup cleanse. I completed the first 3 days of the 7 day cleanse as a quick detox.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    People actually do this and think the weight will stay off??!?!

q4AfX.gif