7-Day Cleansing Diet & Miracle Soup Recipe

Options

Replies

• basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Around half of it will actually stay off if you follow it with a healthy eating plan.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i would love to have the 3 day cleanse, too. it sounds interesting.Muff:smile::smile:

I don't know of any actual 3 day soup cleanse. I completed the first 3 days of the 7 day cleanse as a quick detox.

Exactly what does it detox? Can you give me some names that the body gets rid of while eating this way that it doesn't through natural processes.

I will admit that I did try this back in 2006 and if bowel scouring = detox then maybe it does
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just completed the first 3 days of this cleanse to detox before starting insanity. I lost exactly 4 lbs doing the first 3 days with no cheating. I will probably gain a pound back today after eating normal but I am super pleased with these 3 days results. :)
    4lbs of water. Even if it was 3lbs, how much of it was actual fat? 3lbs of fat is 10,500 calories and a deficit of 3,500 calories a day ABOVE what you're also supposed to burn. So even with a 2,000 calorie deficit a day, it's still well short of 3lbs of fat.
    Scale weight doesn't indicate what weight was lost, just that weight was lost.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Hello,

If you read my previous posts in this thread you would see that I said that this is not some type of fat burning miracle diet and that its good if you want to lose some quick weight before an event or to jumpstart a healthier lifestyle. I also stated that both time I finished this cleanse for the whole 7 days I gained back a lot of the weight within a week. I did the first 3 days of this cleanse this week to detoxify before starting Insanity (along with the recommended diet plan while doing it). I am not fooled into thinking (or trying to fool anyone else) that you can lose a bunch of "real" weight on this cleanse.
    You should then also know that eating any food or drink doesn't "detox" the body then. It's a myth perpertrated by diet and fitness industry. No science journals of medicine support any evidence that ingestion of food or drink detoxes anything out of the body (with the exception of drugs to help remove heavy metals).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the soup recipe. I LOVE soup :)
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Around half of it will actually stay off if you follow it with a healthy eating plan.

But you just said in your previous comments that you gained a lot of weight back after you were done with the cleanse.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i would love to have the 3 day cleanse, too. it sounds interesting.Muff:smile::smile:

I don't know of any actual 3 day soup cleanse. I completed the first 3 days of the 7 day cleanse as a quick detox.
    Detox what though? What sort of toxins will you be rid of?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I found the following 7-Day Cleansing Diet in my recipe box, and I've had it forever (about 35 years). It sounds a bit weird, but I followed this diet before, and it worked pretty well.

Would you feel safe in a 35-year old car? Would you rely on a 35-year-old fridge? Would you trust a doctor who hadn't upped his knowledge in 35 years? Why do you think this diet is a good idea 35 years hence?

It's likely to result in an unbalanced VLCD (very low calorie diet) which cannot be sustained for very long without serious health risks. For a few days, it won't hurt you. If the "placebo effect" of doing this helps you commit to a long term healthy diet (which this diet isn't), then fine. Otherwise, it's claptrap.
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    As a nurse, I hate seeing these diets in use. The whole idea of cleansing is based on false assumptions. If you are eating right, including plenty of soluble and insoluble fiber, there is nothing to "cleanse" because you are evacuating wastes in an appropriate manner. These diets encourage a state of near starvation and for some people they cause dehydration, persistent diarrhea, abdominal pain, and of course, weight loss. Unfortunately, the weight that is lost is mostly water weight and bowel contents, both of which will come back once you begin eating normally again. The only reason most doctors give approval for them is because most people won't stick to them for more than a couple of days, so there aren't many risks.
    The soup itself is fine. If you want to use the soup as a low calorie filler between meals or at the end of the day, great. If you want to go on a few days of vegan eating along with, that's fine too, just DO eat the beans and nuts that are required to keep some protein in your system so your body doesn't start breaking down muscle tissue, and some whole grains for the B vitamins and to make complete proteins from some of the vegetable sources.
    Please, just eat right and exercise. Don't try risky fad diets or diet supplements.

I'm so glad to see this reply. It's exactly what I was thinking. And to those who've tried or have had success in this, please don't think I'm being critical. I've tried many fad diets myself, only to practically starve my way through - just to see a lower number on the scale. Losing weight and becoming fit is so much more than a number. Also, I've read several studies that have proven that most of these "cleanse" diets - i.e. the cabbage soup diet, the carrot juice diet, etc. - help people drop weight solely because they are ultimately eating fewer calories, not because there's any real "miracle" in eating the same soup or drinking the same juice day after day after day.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

hmm. Or you could just do it the proper way, by creating a caloric deficit and eating the foods you love which is a sustainable way. Or go ahead and torture yourself with a nasty soup "cleanse", if you prefer lol
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I too have tried this soup. I did not try the diet but used the soup when's I was feeling hungry. Did the trick for me. I liked the idea of eating something that I knew was good for me. Like I said, not the diet but just the soup..
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    5 more pages. We can do this.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Herp Herp, Derp, Derp whats my name whats my name whats my name. I wanna lick....

sry wrong thread.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    ^^
    LOL.
  • dancindiva7
    dancindiva7 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love the soup on this, but hate the rest of the plan. But the soup is a great way to get veggies, and I love putting it on a potatoe...yum!
  • rkaluri
    rkaluri Posts: 3
    Options
    Plz help... I am on the 5 the day of the diet and so far I have lost only 4 pounds. Not cheating at all and also my calorie intake is around 550 per day. Waking for more then 10,000 per day ( I have a fitbit flex for tracking).

I am not eating soup though. Please advise what I am missing here.....
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Plz help... I am on the 5 the day of the diet and so far I have lost only 4 pounds. Not cheating at all and also my calorie intake is around 550 per day. Waking for more then 10,000 per day ( I have a fitbit flex for tracking).

Your brain. :noway:
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    People actually do this and think the weight will stay off??!?!

q4AfX.gif

this thread started in 2010 sweet lawd shoot me now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ssilvari
    ssilvari Posts: 1
    Options
    This soup made me so bloated and uncomfortable that by day 3 i had to have a cleansing tea to flush me out. I felt so much better after that and i lost 5 pounds. Has anyone else had this problem, and does the bloating go away eventually????
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Food?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

What are you missing???

Proper dietary nutrition and reasonable calorie consumption? A comprehensive, sustainable plan? An understanding of the overall process of effective weight loss?

(Could someone please post the "getting started links" in this thread?)