TGIF Thanks all you can eat appetizers.

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Good. We're back to AYCE apps.

Someone mentioned it a few pages back...(sorry, too lazy to scroll back)...about it being a sign a business is struggling. I disagree. Done correctly, AYCE can be more profitable than regular menu pricing. You have to remember that the markup is substantial. If the restaurant can get you to part with 30% more $$$ and you eat twice as much food, that doesn't mean the business is losing money. Coupled with the fact that the average adult won't actually eat twice as much food and you have the recipe for increased profit. (This TGIF example of $10/person for *ONE* unlimited app is a great example of this. The markup in apps is ridiculous.)

Blah blah blah TL;DR - I disagree about AYCE being a sign of a struggling business.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    How gross… TGIF is offering all you appetizers for $10. Another "stuff your face America" let's get fatter move.

I'm only supporting restaurants taking the healthful high road.

bottomless potstickers oooooh

sorry you were saying?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Good. We're back to AYCE apps.

Someone mentioned it a few pages back...(sorry, too lazy to scroll back)...about it being a sign a business is struggling. I disagree. Done correctly, AYCE can be more profitable than regular menu pricing. You have to remember that the markup is substantial. If the restaurant can get you to part with 30% more $$$ and you eat twice as much food, that doesn't mean the business is losing money. Coupled with the fact that the average adult won't actually eat twice as much food and you have the recipe for increased profit. (This TGIF example of $10/person for *ONE* unlimited app is a great example of this. The markup in apps is ridiculous.)

Blah blah blah TL;DR - I disagree about AYCE being a sign of a struggling business.

Exactly - I'm interested in the economics of this for both the consumer and the business. Maybe that's Freakonomics. I can't remember.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well, now I know where I'm going if I'm ever without cooking facilities and down to my last ten bucks.

I wonder how many hours you can sit there and stuff your face before the manager throws you out?

This!
    I'm only supporting restaurants taking the healthful high road.

You could just not order that and get something else. I'm only supporting people that have personal responsibility.

And this is a great example of why I adore this guy despite only having begged for his friendship this week. <3