Birthday Alternative for Cake and Ice Cream

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How do those studies indicate that moderation is not a good strategy - what are they saying is better?

It's pretty obvious if you take the time to read them.

Wow..did you just say that to Sara?

Oh wow.

c6f.gif

Jon-Stewart-Eagerly-Watching-Eating-His-Popcorn-On-The-Daily-Show.gif
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    How do those studies indicate that moderation is not a good strategy - what are they saying is better?

tumblr_mhs4geXjm61qzcxrno1_400.gif
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Well, if it was me, I'd eat the cake and ice cream but since you did ask for alternatives, I suggest low fat frozen yogurt cakes with fruits and nuts on the side.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    ...drunk Bob's favorite.

Gotta love drunk Bob, cuz he is family after all. Our family has a HUGE problem with this because we have a birthday a month, and we are doubled and sometimes tripled up on it. You know what that means? All birthday boys and girls get their favorite cake. And there is always ice cream. (and we have at least 4 diabetics, not that they care - and I think we have 1 skinny person in the family)

And here in the south we have something called a Matron, and you just don't cross her or tell her what to do unless you want to face the WRATH! She is kinda like the Queen of England, but waaay more powerful. If I had the power to do something healthier I would have those two bite cupcakes - and small containers of yogurt or ice cream. Because what it is really about is portion control at a party where you don't really want to have any portion control. Although, I am looking up the diet coke cake...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    As my birthday was recently, this came up.

Solution:
    Instead of cake and ice cream, I had bavarian cream, and a torte.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Just FYI. If you can't answer a basic question, especially one that would be a short answer, you look like you didn't read your own references. Or didn't understand them. Whichever.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Get one cupcake from the grocery store for each person. That way each person has one cupcake and then no left over temptation! Ice cream...there is NO substitutions lol.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    It's sort of laughable a question on what's better substitute for cake and ice cream. ..which the clear answer is there's no substitute. Turned into a debate about diabetes and moderation being the least successful. Which is funny, because the ONLY people I've met who've had long standing success practice moderation. Other methods might be successful too but I foresee much relapsing and binging with trying to cut foods entirely from one's diet purely on the premise that it must be "bad" barring of course, medical conditions
  • kejaco
    kejaco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To the people who gave some recommendations of food alternatives, thanks for the ideas.

For those that came to argue with other posters, thanks for the entertainment.

I didn't expect this huge of a response in a simple question.

Cheers

Ken
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

The short answer was already provided that moderation is not very successful short term or long term. The details are a bit lengthy to how this is established and what's better.

okay- so- just so I'm clear.
    The alternative?
    just to be clear- fad- extreme calorie- extreme cycling or highly expensive diets are proven to be more effective than just learning how to eat within moderation and what an actual serving size is???
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    freeze bananas and then put them in the blender....kinda like ice cream/frozen yogurt!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    freeze bananas and then put them in the blender....kinda like ice cream/frozen yogurt!!

no.

just.
    no.