Shakeology 3-Day Cleanse Questions!

Options

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I've been a fitness professional for over 20 years and have used just about everything on the shelves and even some stuff underground in my early days.
    First of all, you look ignorant if you respond and put your claim on fact of any product unless you have complete knowledge as an employee or have the research to back you up.

The real issue here is people are so desperate to lose weight, they try everything. They start with the right way, but don't have success for multiple reasons of error (lack of knowledge, support, follow through etc)
    So they cling to the promoted stuff on the shelves in Vitamin Shoppe, Walmart (Slim Fast, Hydroxycut, Muscle Milk, that sprinkle on your food Sh8t, etc)
    Some of it works for a second and others they just wasted their money cause they still never fixed the real problem in their life.

So if you are first of all looking for a cleanse, scientifically, the right cleanse can work with detoxifying your cells and the function of your body. (The right cleanse doesn't mean juicing, honey/cayenne pepper/lemon, starving yourself, eating veggies only, eating a truck load of bananas, Grapefruit….) You should still be eating a wide variety of food that include all of the food groups along with supplementation.

On the shake side, you can't compare 1 to another, unless they are the same product. 1 Protein shake on the shelf isn't the same as another one sitting right next to it. Just read the ingredients and it's a completely different fabrication/development. Alongside with the products that DO sit on the shelves in your favorite vitamin store are fabricated and man made with artificial ingredients, flavorings, and fillers to sit for shelf life. (think plastic)

What it really boils down to, do what YOU want to do. Every company has a refund policy. Tons of the people on this board who are throwing out their opinion of don't do this and you are stupid if you do that…etc..have been exactly the same as you. They have bought that Sh8t on the shelves desperate to make changes.

If you feel your body needs this and the research you have done matches to what your goal is, give it a shot. Worst case, return it to the company.

BTW, no supplementation will have an FDA backing on it. "The FDA does not approve any dietary supplements. However, the FDA does set regulations and guidelines for the manufacturing of supplements. When a regulatory agency like the FDA “approves” a product, it usually means that it needs pre-market approval, such as the case with pharmaceutical drugs. Foods, which dietary supplements are considered to be, do not require this. The FDA regulates or “oversees” both the safety and production of food/dietary supplements and pharmaceutical drugs but only drugs require “approval” before being sold on the market to consumers."
    :flowerforyou:

You sounded so smart and dreamy until you said "cleanse" and "detoxifying cells."

/sigh
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    So if you are first of all looking for a cleanse, scientifically, the right cleanse can work with detoxifying your cells and the function of your body. (The right cleanse doesn't mean juicing, honey/cayenne pepper/lemon, starving yourself, eating veggies only, eating a truck load of bananas, Grapefruit….) You should still be eating a wide variety of food that include all of the food groups along with supplementation.

You have proof to back this up? I agree that people should be eating a variety of fruits, vegetables and lean meats (along with natural fats), but that's to fulfill their macro and micro nutrient needs (not "detoxify" cells). Unless someone is deficient in a micronutrient (like vitamin d) there's not really a need for supplementation if they eat a diet that includes a variety of mostly whole foods. You can get everything you need from the food you eat. If you have functioning organs your body cleanses your cells for you. If you really need to detox you would be in the hospital hooked up to a bunch of machines.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    MWTF.gif
  • turbochristine
    Options
    OP- If this thread doesn't give you any indication of the quality of people and opinions you are hearing, I don't know what will.

Def offering no value but live feverishly through any moment they can insult or tear someone down.
    Surround yourself with drama and negativity and that's what you become. So sad that you feel you have to insult people to make yourself feel better.
    Therapy will help.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP- If this thread doesn't give you any indication of the quality of people and opinions you are hearing, I don't know what will.

Def offering no value but live feverishly through any moment they can insult or tear someone down.
    Surround yourself with drama and negativity and that's what you become. So sad that you feel you have to insult people to make yourself feel better.
    Therapy will help.

So does this mean you do not have any evidence to back up your claim about cleansing and detoxifying cells? And now we are all just meanieheads?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Therapy will help.

tPzTdA4.gif
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Therapy will help.

So, you've decided to skip proving your claims and run straight into making broad judgments about the people on this site?

Any chance that you want to back up a step and offer that scientific evidence? We'll wait.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I've been a fitness professional for over 20 years and have used just about everything on the shelves and even some stuff underground in my early days.
    First of all, you look ignorant if you respond and put your claim on fact of any product unless you have complete knowledge as an employee or have the research to back you up.

The real issue here is people are so desperate to lose weight, they try everything. They start with the right way, but don't have success for multiple reasons of error (lack of knowledge, support, follow through etc)
    So they cling to the promoted stuff on the shelves in Vitamin Shoppe, Walmart (Slim Fast, Hydroxycut, Muscle Milk, that sprinkle on your food Sh8t, etc)
    Some of it works for a second and others they just wasted their money cause they still never fixed the real problem in their life.

On the shake side, you can't compare 1 to another, unless they are the same product. 1 Protein shake on the shelf isn't the same as another one sitting right next to it. Just read the ingredients and it's a completely different fabrication/development. Alongside with the products that DO sit on the shelves in your favorite vitamin store are fabricated and man made with artificial ingredients, flavorings, and fillers to sit for shelf life. (think plastic)

What it really boils down to, do what YOU want to do. Every company has a refund policy. Tons of the people on this board who are throwing out their opinion of don't do this and you are stupid if you do that…etc..have been exactly the same as you. They have bought that Sh8t on the shelves desperate to make changes.

If you feel your body needs this and the research you have done matches to what your goal is, give it a shot. Worst case, return it to the company.

BTW, no supplementation will have an FDA backing on it. "The FDA does not approve any dietary supplements. However, the FDA does set regulations and guidelines for the manufacturing of supplements. When a regulatory agency like the FDA “approves” a product, it usually means that it needs pre-market approval, such as the case with pharmaceutical drugs. Foods, which dietary supplements are considered to be, do not require this. The FDA regulates or “oversees” both the safety and production of food/dietary supplements and pharmaceutical drugs but only drugs require “approval” before being sold on the market to consumers."
    :flowerforyou:

You sounded so smart and dreamy until you said "cleanse" and "detoxifying cells."

/sigh

Hump.gif
  • nomeejerome
    Options

Therapy will help.

I get it now. You're a coach!
    I know there are a bunch of coaches on here, as I am one too. This has honestly changed my life in many ways.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Therapy will help.

So, you've decided to skip proving your claims and run straight into making broad judgments about the people on this site?

Any chance that you want to back up a step and offer that scientific evidence? We'll wait.

Fitness professional for over 20 years......believes in cleanses and detox.

Nuff said.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Shakeology myself, but I have read on the actual BeachBody site that the 3 Day Cleanse should not exist because it isn't healthy to consume Shakeology more than once per day.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

Biology not your strongest subject, is it?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options

Therapy will help.

Instead of insulting us how about you educate us? That seems like a better option. I don't attack someone's character when I disagree, I offer science and reasoning instead. That way we help others rather than tear them down.

ETA: I did not tear you down at all. I asked a question and offered information.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Therapy will help.

I know there are a bunch of coaches on here, as I am one too. This has honestly changed my life in many ways.

Oh wow. Big surprise! Who knew she'd turn out to be a coach! [/sarcasm] :laugh:
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I always miss all the fun stuff!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

Therapy will help.

Quality of people?

I consider a quality person to be someone who doesn't lie and use misinformation to trick another person into buying needless "weightloss shakes."

I love how angry the coaches get. Defend your product. Don't try to attack the people who have legitimate concerns about it.

But you can't. Even you know it's a scam. But you have to sell it to make money. So you lie. You attack. You hide the truth and use phony credentials.

You're the worst kind. Someone who'll knowingly lie to others for their own gain. And try to make others look bad for pointing it out.

Away with you.

I have some snake oil - 100% legit...made from real snakes.....

You want in, bro?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Therapy will help.

Quality of people?

I consider a quality person to be someone who doesn't lie and use misinformation to trick another person into buying needless "weightloss shakes."

I love how angry the coaches get. Defend your product. Don't try to attack the people who have legitimate concerns about it.

But you can't. Even you know it's a scam. But you have to sell it to make money. So you lie. You attack. You hide the truth and use phony credentials.

You're the worst kind. Someone who'll knowingly lie to others for their own gain. And try to make others look bad for pointing it out.

Away with you.

hello-I-love-you-Patrick.gif
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options

Therapy will help.

Quality of people?

Away with you.

I have some snake oil - 100% legit...made from real snakes.....

You want in, bro?

Did you kill the snakes yourself? Were they poisonous snakes? I only like my snake oil to come from poisonous snakes. haha :flowerforyou:
  • nomeejerome
    Options

Therapy will help.

Oh wow. Big surprise! Who knew she'd turn out to be a coach! [/sarcasm] :laugh:

:laugh: :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.