Options

Replies

• missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Baby girl

take a step back and look again

Your man
    A) took time from his lunch hour to talk to you(and therefore was thinking of you)

B) He is comfortable enough with you to tease you (pull your tail)

and C) He knows better than to pig out inf ron of you (semi supportive for wedding of awesomeness)

you should feel lucky
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Tofu and bean sprouts? Are you trying to kill him?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Even when I was dieting and trying to lose weight I wouldn't eat kale and bean sprout whatevers...

Anywhoooo....you're the one on a diet, not him. You can't expect the people around you to just go along with YOUR program because you're doing it, partner or not. When I was dieting to lose weight, my wife wasn't...I didn't view that as being inconsiderate, it just was what it was and it was difficult because I was trying to lose weight and she was on a bulk...so I was eating none of the foodz while she was eating all of the foodz...that's just how it is sometimes.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    So what? You can't make and eat dinner if he doesn't join you? Co-dependent much?

Seriously, just do what you planned and don't worry about him. He took care of himself as most adults are capable of doing.
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    He likes ribs and Doritos and you're trying to feed him tofu with kale and sprouts, so there's your problem. You can't force your lifestyle on other people, it just doesn't work. I can picture the look on my husband's face if I told him that I was making that for dinner. :sick:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    bourbon
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I had a perfectly nice dinner of kale saute and some tofu with bean sprouts.. AND HE WON'T EAT IT.
    Changed my mind couldn't say it
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    And I'm sorry, that doesn't make him inconsiderate. It sounds like he was trying not to hurt your feelings because he didn't want to eat what you had planned for dinner. That's pretty considerate in my book.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    You are lucky he sent you an email. He could have shown up after work and told you once it all has been cooked and ready for dinner. Just cook enough for you or cook it all and you have the left overs tomorrow.
    Did he know what was planned for dinner. Maybe its his way to tell you to cook real food without hurting your feelings.
    Maybe he really just did have a late llunch and it truely full...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    So here's the story. I'm getting married soon blah blah. Super duper pumped. Yay. Stress eating has caused me to gain a few pounds, so I'm reigning in my diet.

And to put it bluntly.. I am $(*%& hungry.

I have my three meals a day and that's what works for me. I have carefully, meticulously shopped so that every meal is just right.

And I get an email today from my fiance. "sorry, I won't want the dinner you were planning on making tonight.... I ate too much at lunch".

REALLY? SO IT'S MY FAULT HE PIGS OUT?
    I had a perfectly nice dinner of kale saute and some tofu with bean sprouts.. AND HE WON'T EAT IT.

He told me I can just "call my friends and go for a nice dinner" and he even said he'd pay. But I don't have the calories for it.

What do you do when people are just so rude and won't get with the program.
    I thought I had a partner.

I just have somebody who likes ribs and doritos.

Meanwhile, I'm curious as to how your guy deals with a control freak OCD (probably by eating big lunches often lol)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    If you puree kale, bean sprouts and tofu, it makes a great dip for doritos.*

Compromise. It's all about compromise.

*I've never actually tried it, but it probably looks a little like guacamole, or spinach dip.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    NO :angry:

edit: crap that's not the right one

Ju.. just? Bark? Bark up! Just bark up! Yes.
    did you just steal my NO?

Negative.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    hBDBCA54C
    No really, all the foodz are in there.

And while you're there, make me a sammich!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I think for desert you should make your lucky man some nice dinner rolls topped with icing.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

*I've never actually tried it, but it probably looks a little like guacamole, or spinach dip.

^yes! And if you sprinkle nutritional yeast on top it adds a nice cheesy flavour:)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    I think for desert you should make your lucky man some nice dinner rolls topped with icing.

Probably those nasty cauliflower and zucchini cupcakes with avocado icing. I'd be running for the hills too lol
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Just save the leftovers for lunch the next day. Freeze it if you need to wait a bit longer.

It's not a big deal... You should be happy for him that he knows when he's had too much and should reign himself in. Otherwise, isn't he going to gain weight and be unhappy? Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do?

When it comes to weight loss/maintenance, both partners need to be supportive. I don't really think he was rude. He said "sorry" and let you know ahead of time so you could adjust the portions you make.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    ... I would've indulged during lunch too if I had to come home to kale/tofu. LOL
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

^yes! And if you sprinkle nutritional yeast on top it adds a nice cheesy flavour:)

I'd drown it all in Tapatio
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    fcqnsy.jpg

This is how I deal with my man when he might not want to eat what I'm cooking
    Cleans his plate every time...