Just HOW do you deal with INCONSIDERATE partners

Options

Replies

• Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    If this is the biggest issue you have with him, I would get over it. I love my GF, but I wouldnt eat that.

"And I would do annnny thing for love, but I wont eat that. OhhhhhhhNooooooooo, I wont eat that"
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

He doesn't eat what you cook.........then he cooks his own food, or he doesn't eat!

yes, because treating your husband like your three year old child makes for long happy relationships..

... Because the secret alternative option to cook your own or don't eat is.....?
  • GuineaPiglet
    GuineaPiglet Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Kale and tofu?

I understand you're frustrated and want him on board with this, but I think if I were in his shoes, I would totally pig out during the day to avoid Kale and tofu dinner as well.

There are plenty of healthy meals you two could enjoy together. If he's a ribs and burgers guy, asking him to switch to Kale and tofu because you want to eat healthier might be a bit overambitious. You need baby steps. Kale and tofu for dinner is like asking him to run the health marathon when he might not be on board for any of it.

You might have better luck with preparing a Kale salad with some seasoned chicken, couscous, and asparagus as a meal.

Actually, I think it's rather considerate of him to eat a bunch of unhealthy stuff outside of your presence.
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    a Kale salad with some seasoned chicken, couscous, and asparagus as a meal.

THIS SOUNDS DELICIOUS. I think my partner would keel over with happiness if he came home to that tonight! Haha. ;)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    OP, ignore all the haters. I know where you're coming from.

Yesterday I was hoping for a nice night in, when my wife let me know that she was planning a picnic an an outdoor concert with some old friends. So instead of our usual dinner of lean meat and veggies, we had to have sourdough with brie and apricot jam, caprese salad skewers, cold rice salad, sharp cheddar and crackers, grapes, homemade brownies, and blueberry wine.

It completely blew my budget for the day and I was way over on carbs and fat. I love my wife but she is SO unsupportive of my goals.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    "And I would do annnny thing for love, but I wont eat that. OhhhhhhhNooooooooo, I wont eat that"

FTW.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You let them eat steak or whatever the hell else they want.
    tumblr_m0mgytbSfc1qe2ha5o1_500.gif
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that like most women, you;re home doing mostly nothing but cooking. Have you considered getting off your *kitten* and bringing him lunch every day? If you're not going to put in the work to control him, this is how every single day of the rest of your life is going to be. Stop being so lazy and take some responsibility.

OH_NO_YOU_DIDN'T.gif
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I just have somebody who likes ribs and doritos.

I didn't realize we were dating! I'd at least have brought my bib...
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Who is defining "nice"?

So you want to force the person you love into something that you're doing? Would you be receptive if he did the same thing? Would you want him to lay on a guilt trip?
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that like most women, you;re home doing mostly nothing but cooking. Have you considered getting off your *kitten* and bringing him lunch every day? If you're not going to put in the work to control him, this is how every single day of the rest of your life is going to be. Stop being so lazy and take some responsibility.

This was really uncalled for.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    is there a reason you can't just make your own dinner for yourself? why does he have to eat it in order for you to be able to?
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I had a perfectly nice dinner of kale saute and some tofu with bean sprouts.. AND HE WON'T EAT

:sick: I don't blame him, one bit!

Ummmm yeaaah. Why would anyone want to eat this? lol. In any case... will this preven YOU from being able to eat it? Does your regimented plan of feeding only exist if he's eating it too? I'm confused. If my husband phoned and said he'd already eaten and not to worry about him it would affect nothing. If I had planned on making something I would continue to make it, albeit probably a smaller portion.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Yesterday I was hoping for a nice night in, when my wife let me know that she was planning a picnic an an outdoor concert with some old friends. So instead of our usual dinner of lean meat and veggies, we had to have sourdough with brie and apricot jam, caprese salad skewers, cold rice salad, sharp cheddar and crackers, grapes, homemade brownies, and blueberry wine.

It completely blew my budget for the day and I was way over on carbs and fat. I love my wife but she is SO unsupportive of my goals.

So just eat less of it? Bring something you'd prefer?
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My partner eats like an animal.. and has a super fast metabolism so he can get away with it. From the beginning of my journey I knew my low cal meals wouldn't be enough fuel for him and he has his own food he already prepared so when we are together we just eat together but our own separate meals, not necessarily easier but it helps arguing about it. As from time to time it can get frustrating that he doesnt have to count or consider things like this, but ultimately he will appreciate the hassle you go through for it ;)
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the husband's email? Forget HER breaking it off, someone needs to know exactly what he's marrying into.... :noway:

The only inconsiderate one here is YOU. You're being rude and downright ridiculous about an issue that shouldn't even be an issue. Is it really that difficult to put leftovers in the fridge? Is it really that difficult to say "okay honey. If you get hungry it's in the fridge." Is it REALLY that horrible of an issue that he's no longer your "partner" because he ate a big lunch?!

Girl... you cray-cray.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Honestly .. if that annoys you. Marriage will be a big shock.

True Story!!
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options

so its her fault you ate it......
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    He was considerate in calling you and telling you. It is inconsiderate when he doesn't tell you he's not eating until he walks in the door and you've already made it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, we ate kale, tofu and sprouts for every meal, and we were thankful for it!