Best Thing Ever Said to You By a Stranger

Options
I was just in a sad thread where everyone was sharing the worst thing anyone ever said to them about their weight. So lets do this one now.

I've heard a couple in my life, but I have two that make me smile when I remember them.

#1 - a guy was following me through the parking lot on our way to our cars; just coincidentally, he wasn't creeping on me. As he passed me he said, "Your husband must be a happy man." I smiled all the way home.

#2 - I was shopping downtown Minneapolis and on the way through the shoe department a man approaching me was shaking his head saying that now he could believe in God.

How sweet yes? I pull these and a few others out when I'm feeling less than adorable.

Let's see a bunch more for this glorious Friday afternoon!

Replies

• TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    I was just in that thread too and every response was sad.

1. A trainer said I was gorgeous & looking amazing each day.

2. Random person at the gym told me whatever I'm doing, it's working because I've leaned out a bit.

3. Another trainer told me she liked the workouts I was doing and she's incorporating them into her client's workout routine.

Lol that's about it.
  • bostonfit
    bostonfit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was just reading that thread and had the exact same idea! Love this.

Last week in New York City I was standing outside of my boyfriend's apartment waiting for him, a group of four guys and a girl came up to me and she sang "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder -- the whole song -- and they all told me how beautiful and wonderful I was. I was in shock! They made my entire week.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I find compliments from women to be the most flattering because from experience, they seem to be the hardest to get.

This wasn't from a stranger, but the last time I went out my friend's little sister came with us and she got super drunk (and frankly, the more drunk you are, the more honest you are) and she wouldn't stop telling me about how pretty I've gotten and how I was so gorgeous that if she were a lesbian she would 100% try and get with me.

I don't think she knows how much that means to me because I have always struggled with self-confidence issues - not because of my weight, I've never had a problem with that, but I had bad acne when I was younger and I just could not figure out how to do my hair in high school.
  • orlandogirl97
    orlandogirl97 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    nothing much to add to this thread........
  • bv109
    bv109 Posts: 83
    Options
    lots of wk's lol
  • Tilda_P
    Tilda_P Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    An elderly woman stopped me in a clothing store, probably near my largest weight actually and said, "You know, you are so beautiful. I just had to stop and tell you. You could be a model."
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    In Minnesota, Deborah, strangers talk to you in Minnesota? You must be charmed and/or charming!

I was in Lake Winds Co-op yesterday and the cutest young woman cashiering asked me if I had a daughter who had worked there. I don't have a daughter, so no. She said someone worked there that had the cutest smile, just like mine. She thought she looked like me. Very sweet. And, in MN, but this is a co-op and people are different.:wink:
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    on a night out a random girl said to me 'i wish i had your figure' this what before i started losing and weighed 258lb
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    GNC guy: you're the only person who has ever mentioned macros and hitting them.

He also probably didn't like that I wouldn't take his supplements. Just give me my quest bars, you!

I clean buildings and one of the realtors a few months ago approached me randomly and told me I had made an amazing transformation♡
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I get called beautiful all the time. :) I also call myself and others beautiful. I see the beauty in people.
  • Rompers_16
    Rompers_16 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A female coworker calling me tiny. Who would thunk it?
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I was driving in my car down our main highway. All of a sudden a trucker honks at me. I had a skirt on. At first I thought to myself what a pervert but then it hit me...I got honked at...it made my day.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    A guy came up to me in the gym and said my deadlift form was fantastic.

Felt great.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    A man stopped me walking on a downtown street and told me I had "the best posture" he had ever seen.
    That was a very long time ago, but I still remember.....
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My Coke rep gave me a "Share A Coke" tshirt from their summer promotion (the bottles with people's names on them)...he said it was only right i get a tshirt because he said I was shaped like a Coke bottle...He has also started calling me "CB" when he comes up here now...
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I had a guy half my age come up to me in the gym last week and mention how big I was getting. Of course, I mentioned how ripped he was getting. I'm pretty sure we sounded like complete d-bags to anyone within ear shot, but I don't care. It felt good.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Some guy kept following me around telling me I looked like an angel.

But I think it was the glow from the 102 degree fever I was running. :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    After I perform, strangers will compliment my dancing and say that I am graceful. The compliment depends on the type of piece it was.
  • Rompers_16
    Rompers_16 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had a guy half my age come up to me in the gym last week and mention how big I was getting. Of course, I mentioned how ripped he was getting. I'm pretty sure we sounded like complete d-bags to anyone within ear shot, but I don't care. It felt good.

Bromance!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Some random guy told me he was in love with my hair and it was more metal than his whole cd collection. (it's really long and curly - my hair, not his cds):laugh:

Edit: Oops, this was about weight but I just thought that was really creative.