Best Thing Ever Said to You By a Stranger

Options

Replies

• thisistrished
    Options
    when i was at my largest i went to a sandwich shop every morning for my lunch time 'snack' i stopped going when i started my weightless journey. i decided to have a treat one day and popped back in, the lady who owns it was so surprised by my loss. I am far from it but she called me 'skinny' it was such a buzz.
  • azymth99
    azymth99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was buying a coconut cake for my wife's birthday and this very attractive woman in the aisle looked at it and said: "Is that for dessert? Can I come over?"

"It's for my wife's birthday." I said casually- not getting her inuendo at first.

Then she lowered her glasses, seductively looked me up and down and said. "Well it looks good. Your wife is a lucky woman."

I just had to brag about it to my wife. She laughed and said: "She might have thought it looked good, but I'm the one that gets to eat it."
  • AlyssaLoflin
    AlyssaLoflin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love these, thank you all for sharing :). I have 2 that come to mind:

I was at Walmart and this guy saw me, turned back around and approached me to say "Excuse me, I just HAD to tell you that you are beautiful" He then proceeded to ask me out, after I told him I was married he told me he hoped my husband knew how lucky he is.
    One day for a special story-time event at a bookstore I worked at, I dressed up in a lolita type dress and this little girl started pulling her mom toward me while she exclaimed "mommy, mommy, look its a real princess!" she was completely in aww of me the whole time she was there, kept complimenting me and wanting to talk to me, and hug me, it was the sweetest thing ever. I did my best to make her feel like the princess.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    "You have a big heart. Thank you." - From a random old Japanese grandma (when I was in Japan volunteering to rebuild towns after the 2011 earthquake/tsunami)
    "You're such an inspiration; you make me want to do so much more. Watching you and seeing you act, I am so much braver myself." - Not exactly a stranger but from my host mom in Japan (for same reason above)
    "Like royalty." And I asked him, what do you mean? "Just the way you walk; your manners." - Random flirty guy at Starbucks
    "Excuse me! I just gotta say, you're one fine, sophisticated lady. Have a good evening!" - Random kind man in a wheelchair at a grocery parking lot.

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :bigsmile:

Oh yea, I forgot about this one!
    "Thank you. It's cute." *teary eyes* "No one has ever done this. I love it." - A homeless woman, who was begging for money. I gave her a ten dollar bill folded up into a heart. Jeez, I almost cried myself just from that look in her eyes.

:flowerforyou:
  • nette_65
    nette_65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mine's a bit obscure but non the less it made my day
    I've been using a local tanning salon in preparation for my holiday( I know it's not the best but I didn't want to waste half my holiday getting burnt and suffering)
    Anyway I asked the girl behind the counter what beds she had available and she said small, medium and large but that I'd only need to go on a small bed because i was little just like her!!!!!!
    Her very innocent comment had me smiling all day long ! ;)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Not a stranger but my mother who has dementia. One night she was telling me all about this amazing person who was smart, funny, courageous, a total bad *kitten*. I asked her who this person was because they sounded awesome. She told me she was talking about her wonderful daughter, and wished that I could meet her someday.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Not a stranger but my mother who has dementia. One night she was telling me all about this amazing person who was smart, funny, courageous, a total bad *kitten*. I asked her who this person was because they sounded awesome. She told me she was talking about her wonderful daughter, and wished that I could meet her someday.

Oh my goodness! That's so touchingly sad and beautiful!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

This is so sweet. My grandma had dementia. My name is the same as her best childhood friend's name. I can remember walking up to her in the nursing home one day and she grabbed an aide's hand and said, very animatedly,"this is my best girlfriend, FirstName, from way back! "

I get hair comments. I have really thick hair that is curly and tends to be a bit wild looking. I've had women stop me to ask if it's naturally curly and say that they like it.
  • _Stardust_
    _Stardust_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was walking downtown with a couple friends after leaving a bar. I had just returned from Mexico, I was quite tan and my hair was very long. A man yelled to me, "I believe in mermaids!" I will never forget it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Wow. Just wow! So many levels there and so much good.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh. That's so beautiful.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I was walking past this dude. He said, " That moment when a girl who obviously squats walks by you." So awesome that someone noticed how much I have literally been busting my a** lately!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    there are a couple that have stuck with me.

this was a few years ago, back in my undergrad days. I was observing a conversation, sort of milling about, and an acquaintance (not really a stranger, but not someone i regular saw/spoke with) turned to me and said "you're quick (as in intelligence). i can see it in your eyes." I don't think he realized how much that meant to me. I tend to feel quite daft, and don't trust myself as much as i should because of it. so that kind of made me feel really warm and fuzzy.

this one came last year, shortly after i moved to the city i currently live in. i was just entering my gym, and headed toward the locker rooms, when a couple young, cute college-aged guys walk past me and one looks, turns to me, and says out of the blue "miss, you're beautiful". this caught me so off guard. lol. i don't even think i said anything in response. i think i just smiled, turned bright red, and we both kept walking.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have always enjoyed really odd compliments that seem truly sincere, like "your skin looks like a china doll" or the very old lady in a mall food court who stopped me to say that I have an extremely nice bust. LMAO

I also have a lot of people randomly come up and tell me they love my haircut or that short hair looks great on me. It's often younger guys.
  • grantairesbottle
    Options
    I was reciting sonnets at an event and a member of the audience who I didn't know stood up after my bow and gave a bouqet of flowers. When I was playing Eponine(Grantaire is my dream role but I am girl so I'll never play him) in the school production I walked by the audience after A Little Fall of Rain and there was this man telling his little son "Now there is someone who owns the stage" and pointed at me.
  • Dezire4lyfe
    Dezire4lyfe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    About 9 years ago, I was working in the women's department of JcPenny's and this little ol' lady stopped me while I was walking by and said... "You are just the most beautiful negra I've ever seen... You are just glowing radiance." Minus the racist undertone, it actually made me smile and laugh after I got past the shock.

P.S. The woman's granddaughter was standing with her and apologized profusely. It also turned out the lady was 101 and suffered from dementia so her mind wasn't the best and stuck in past times. Regardless, it still makes me happy.
  • Jollymeister
    Options
    o
  • Jollymeister
    Options
    An elderly woman stopped me in a clothing store, probably near my largest weight actually and said, "You know, you are so beautiful. I just had to stop and tell you. You could be a model."

love this
    I had a guy half my age come up to me in the gym last week and mention how big I was getting. Of course, I mentioned how ripped he was getting. I'm pretty sure we sounded like complete d-bags to anyone within ear shot, but I don't care. It felt good.

hahahah i actually laughed out loud pretty hard, dont know why hahahaha
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    About 9 years ago, I was working in the women's department of JcPenny's and this little ol' lady stopped me while I was walking by and said... "You are just the most beautiful negra I've ever seen... You are just glowing radiance." Minus the racist undertone, it actually made me smile and laugh after I got past the shock.

P.S. The woman's granddaughter was standing with her and apologized profusely. It also turned out the lady was 101 and suffered from dementia so her mind wasn't the best and stuck in past times. Regardless, it still makes me happy.

Best back handed sounding compliment ever!
    And you are very radiant.