Best Thing Ever Said to You By a Stranger

Options

Replies

• alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    One night I was going out with my bestie and we had to stop to put gas. There was a man looking at me but he left. I then saw him turning around in his car and he stopped next to me and told me I looked absolutely beautiful. I couldn't stop smiling the whole night.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    We live in a smaller town and my husband and I were out for dinner. My ex husband and wife walked by our table as we were leaving and just openly stared at me... My husband looked at him and said "big mistake" took my arm and left. First husband always making horrible comments about my weight when we were married.... I felt like I could float out the door..
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Taking the long way home one evening, I walked past a woman who said, "Hey good lookin', what'cha got cookin'?"

I initially thought... since neither of us was seemingly in our sixties, the comment was a little dated... but it did get my attention and I was flattered.

I later realized she was a prostitute. Does that still count?
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Despite me being well over 200lbs, I was out yesterday and got complimented twice. (sort of ) LOL! This security guard (whom I approached for assistance) said to his partner "Excuse me while I help this beautiful woman." I smiled and thanked him. On my way home after walking, a man in his car slowed down in front of me (blocking my way, LOL!) and he yelled out "Do you have a man? DAMN! You're sexy as hell!" LMAO! I thanked him and told him I was taken, even though I'm not. I'm just not ready to date right now. But this made me smile, because I felt so fat yesterday.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Last Sunday after finishing my first power tone class (60 min), a lady came over and said: This was your first class, or?
    I nodded.
    She: well done you, very good. i only survived 30 min for the first few classes.

Well, I could hardly walk the next three days (****ing lunges) but still smiling :bigsmile:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I never would have take you for 67. ;-) I though you were in your 50s. Yes!
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is super cheesy.. but it still made me smile.

A random stranger on MFP sent me a message saying "Hershey's makes thousands of kisses each day.. but all I want is one from you".
    They didn't send a friend request either.. just that, haha.
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I never would have take you for 67. ;-) I though you were in your 50s. Yes!

:blushing: :wink:
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    i haven't worn a bikini or been swimming (apart from in private pool) in public since i was 14. Infact no one has seen my body since i had my kids 20 years ago.. so when i went on holiday last year i bought bikinis and my husband insisted we have a private villa and pool.. He never walked with me or took me out on a date or family day out in 20 yrs.. Need i say more?
    So when i went away for a few weeks last month on my own, i would use the hotel pool when no one was around and keep well covered when people were around.. maxi dresses etc..

There was a few young couples and the rest were groups of lads and girls in there 20 and 30's, it was far too hot and everyone was in the pool and shouting me to jump in, but i wouldn't , so some of the lads threw me in the deep end with my maxi dress on, which came off as i went in.. i had a bikini on though and swam to the ladders and started to climb out i heard a slap , everyone was staring at me like they were shocked , a young girl apologised for her boyfriend staring and with a red hand print on his jaw he said 'sorry i couldnt help it! shes like a gorgeous mythical mermaid coming out of the water like that!' he got another slap lol i was so embarrassed i was laughing (so i wouldnt cry) and grabbed my dress to hide and everyone was saying how shocked they were i was hiding a great body under those big dresses. I thought my body was hideous before that.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Ha! I posted the below in my news feed this morning.

I was walking in the parking lot, about to go into the grocery store, a random large man shouts out, "Whoa! You look just like Djokovic!" I said, "yeah I kinda do, thanks!"

It made my morning :p
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    This happened ages ago in high school. I was walking home after school and this guy (another student) stopped me and said, "Hey! Hey! Life... is hot!!"

My best friend and I still text it to each other at random times.
  • summer144012
    Options
    I always get compliments at doctor's offices. A nurse came out to the waiting area for drawing blood and I was the only one there. She looked at me and then turned around and asked the receptionist something then came back and asked are you Summer? I said yes. She said I never thought that was you. You certainly don't look like a 50 year old woman!!

I smiled from ear to ear and the needle didn't hurt one iota!
  • angiez93
    angiez93 Posts: 63
    Options
    One of my favorites, among many from San Francisco... An old boyfriend and I were sitting on a bench near pier 39, and a man walked by us and said "You are both beautiful. You should totally kiss right now. It would be epic"
    We kissed :heart:
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I was walking in the park last week and a guy told me "Smile! You are too sexy to be walkin around all upset" ...llol, I smiled told him I wasn't upset and that I think I have *****y resting face and we both begin to laugh.

At a restaurant once an older lady in the restroom told me "you are a good mom, it's easy to see by how much your kids love you" I smiled for a month about that one.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I’ve had a couple recently, a buddy that I hadn’t seen if about 8 months saw me and ran up to me and grabbed me and kept laughing and saying very loudly “ What the hell did you do with the rest of you!”. He’s been a weightlifter for years and the compliments from him were cool.
    I saw a friend’s wife at a party last weekend and she ran up and kept hugging me telling me how great I was looking. (It was heartfelt and not flirty so get your minds outta the gutter!)
    The last one was at the same party, a woman that I had meet about a year ago kept telling me that I’d lost weight (yea really?? LoL) and every time she’s say it she would try to stick her tongue down my throat and then tell her husband it was ok. She was pretty drunk but I took it as a compliment anyway!
    It didn’t help that my friends kept telling her I was single and had lost a bunch of weight and they were trying to drag me over to her again.
    Friends… can’t fix em and can’t kill em….
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    At the eye doctor a couple weeks ago...
    The woman assisting me in picking out new eye glasses (early mid 40's) ten to 15 years younger than I commented that I "look soo fit" since she had last seen me. Two years. Because of weight loss and that I still wear sleeveless tops and my upper arms are still holding firm, at age 56 I am pretty dang happy about that ! And I don't exercise as in gym. Just swim, golf. Sometimes. Wahooo !
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of people complimenting my hair color. My hair has been every color of the rainbow (including hot pink!), plus every shade of blonde or red in existence. In its current form (6 months now), I've gotten more compliments than I'd ever imagined, even from straight men. Bizarre, but I guess it goes with my skin?

Anyway, the other day one of the girls I stand (hide!) behind in Zumba asked me where I got my pants (they were purple and pretty) :laugh: I know that's a silly thing to get excited about, but asking the chunky girl for Zumba fashion advice? Made me feel special.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    A delivery man that comes to my office said, and I quote, "You know you have one hell of a damn fine body, right?" I was walking past him in the hallway and literally staggered a few steps. It was flattering, but talk about out of left field! (For the record, I'm a "north of 40" gal who wears a size 6. Certainly nothing to get excited about.

I kinda hide when it's delivery time now.
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Recently I was at a local carnival and I had a guy say "oh my god, you are gorgeous" I didnt realize he was talking to me until he ran after me asking me if I can at least give him my name. I said sorry and kept walking. Dont get me wrong, it was a carny with missing teeth, but was a nice little esteem booster.
  • basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A cute stranger told me he thinks I am his future baby mama.