Best Thing Ever Said to You By a Stranger

Options

Replies

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Some drunk chick came up to me at a bar on NYE and said "I wish I was tall and thin and gorgeous like you."
    Random drunk girl compliments are the best.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    People at my gym approaching me and telling me I

*look/lift like a badass
    *am obviously training for a show based on how often they see me in there and how hard I train
    *am leaning out very well and they are impressed with my progress
    *surprise them with how much I'm lifting

47008659.jpg
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I had a woman half my age tell me I was "eye candy". That was kind of nice.

But the best was someone telling me I must be a great father. That felt good.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I was asked to be a meet director for our summer swim team next year. The woman said, "It was voted by all the women on the board and we spelled it m-e-a-t....." :blushing: :blushing:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I had a guy half my age come up to me in the gym last week and mention how big I was getting. Of course, I mentioned how ripped he was getting. I'm pretty sure we sounded like complete d-bags to anyone within ear shot, but I don't care. It felt good.

Bromance!

He dead lifts more than me. It would never work.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I had a guy half my age come up to me in the gym last week and mention how big I was getting. Of course, I mentioned how ripped he was getting. I'm pretty sure we sounded like complete d-bags to anyone within ear shot, but I don't care. It felt good.

Bromance!

B12 injections. . . .kidding of course
  • Rompers_16
    Rompers_16 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Bromance!

Always have to be in charge, don't you?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Hubby took me out for dinner one night and while he was using the restroom, a waiter told me "I looked lovely tonight"!! I was smiling from ear to ear!!! :smile:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I was washing my hands in my churches bathroom, looking at myself, and mentally picking out every flaw I have. Some little lady out of no where looked at me and said "you are so pretty". I guess God knew I needed a confidence boost. <3
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Some random guy told me he was in love with my hair and it was more metal than his whole cd collection. (it's really long and curly - my hair, not his cds):laugh:

Edit: Oops, this was about weight but I just thought that was really creative.
    No! It totally does not have to be about weight! Just something nice said to you. Hey - motivation comes in all shapes and forms and ways yes?
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I had a guy ask me to roll my window down at a stop light. I thought I had a low tire or something. He ask me out. LOL was a new one for me.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    "You have an amazing smile"

It absolutely made my day!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    The year was 1985; the place, Springfield, Virginia. I was sitting outside of Springfield Mall on the sidewalk, waiting for the bus. A little blond-haired boy about age 5 walked by me and said, "You're a very pretty girl." To this day, I cherish that compliment because I know it was genuine, said by someone with no ulterior motive!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    A lady at Petsmart asked me how I got my figure. Was it through exercise or diet? Random stranger comments are the best...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    1. "You've got big arms."

2. "Nice squat depth."

3. "You're back is like...muscular."
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Lady customer I was helping at work a few years ago told me I had the sweetest smile she'd ever seen.

And a friend of ours told me the community cookouts just won't be the same without my desserts after hubby and I leave later this summer.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Every Friday I buy a few Lotto tickets when I get groceries. Quite often the same employee that has worked at the customer service desk for years sells them to me. One day a few weeks ago, out of the blue she says, "You've lost a lot of weight haven't you? You look great, how'd you do it?" Made my day! Of course I told her about MFP. She said she'd check it out.

This next thing wasn't from a stranger, but strangers were involved. New Year's Eve Hubby and I stopped at a store to get some champagne before going out to dinner. We were both dressed up and I was wearing my new black leather Fergalicious Cruel boots for the first time. All these guys kept staring at me and smiling. I commented about it to Hubby, and he says, "they're staring because you're hot." I asked him if it bothered him and he says, "Hell no, makes me proud." He then hugged me around the shoulders, gave me a kiss and grabbed my hand to hold as we walked out the store. Man, I felt like crying. It was a fabulous way to start the new year. :)

Lastly, years ago I was shopping again and feeling sorry for myself, wasn't having a good day. I had on my favorite purple suit because I'd just come from some event, don't remember what it was, and this random little old lady stops by my cart and says, "I love that suit you're wearing, you look so elegant and pretty in it. I wish more people would take the time to dress up these days." I thanked her for the compliment and told her she made my day, she just smiled, patted my arm and went on her way.

I'll never forget that, always makes me happy when I think about it. I had a hard time letting that suit go when I donated all my too big clothes to Goodwill. But hopefully someone else will love it and feel good in it like I always did. :flowerforyou:
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    When people compliment my looks, they often tell me I'm beautiful, or cute. And because of gender dysphoria, I find this... not comfortable. I actually kind of hate it. (Although I do thank them, as I know they mean well)

However, one of my friends recently, said to me that I was both beautiful and handsome. I had the widest grin on my face when I heard those words. It wasn't a stranger, but it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Someone on another forum told me I look strong. I took pride in that, too. :)

Not going by appearance, the nicest thing a stranger said to me was that I seemed very insightful and strong (mentally/emotionally, opposed to physically). This was, also, online. But stood out to me.
  • Deborah105
    Options
    Every Friday I buy a few Lotto tickets when I get groceries. Quite often the same employee that has worked at the customer service desk for years sells them to me. One day a few weeks ago, out of the blue she says, "You've lost a lot of weight haven't you? You look great, how'd you do it?" Made my day! Of course I told her about MFP. She said she'd check it out.

This next thing wasn't from a stranger, but strangers were involved. New Year's Eve Hubby and I stopped at a store to get some champagne before going out to dinner. We were both dressed up and I was wearing my new black leather Fergalicious Cruel boots for the first time. All these guys kept staring at me and smiling. I commented about it to Hubby, and he says, "they're staring because you're hot." I asked him if it bothered him and he says, "Hell no, makes me proud." He then hugged me around the shoulders, gave me a kiss and grabbed my hand to hold as we walked out the store. Man, I felt like crying. It was a fabulous way to start the new year. :)

Lastly, years ago I was shopping again and feeling sorry for myself, wasn't having a good day. I had on my favorite purple suit because I'd just come from some event, don't remember what it was, and this random little old lady stops by my cart and says, "I love that suit you're wearing, you look so elegant and pretty in it. I wish more people would take the time to dress up these days." I thanked her for the compliment and told her she made my day, she just smiled, patted my arm and went on her way.

I'll never forget that, always makes me happy when I think about it. I had a hard time letting that suit go when I donated all my too big clothes to Goodwill. But hopefully someone else will love it and feel good in it like I always did. :flowerforyou:
    Your husband is adorable!
  • Deborah105
    Options
    In Minnesota, Deborah, strangers talk to you in Minnesota? You must be charmed and/or charming!

I was in Lake Winds Co-op yesterday and the cutest young woman cashiering asked me if I had a daughter who had worked there. I don't have a daughter, so no. She said someone worked there that had the cutest smile, just like mine. She thought she looked like me. Very sweet. And, in MN, but this is a co-op and people are different.:wink:
    I don't know about charming (I'm kinda annoying - :glasses: ), but I do live in right in the city. And I think I'm just one of those people that others like to talk to. It drove my first husband INSANE.