Best Thing Ever Said to You By a Stranger

Options

Replies

• myndikins
    myndikins Posts: 39
    Options
    I hardly ever wear skirts or anything very pretty because I don't feel pretty or girly. But last month, I had just gotten back from a festival and it was literally the only thing I had clean, so I wore a skirt and white tshirt (I hardly ever wear white either. I feel like it makes me look bigger). I was sunburnt as hell and my hair was everywhere. FIVE complete strangers told me that I was beautiful that day. I've never had that happen before, ever. I ran by my mom's office too and all of her coworkers told me they couldn't believe how I looked and wanted to know how much weight I'd lost. Mom, of course, told me that I shouldn't have worn it because it didn't look nice, but she always finds at least one thing wrong. It took a little bit of pep out of my step, but then I remembered that everyone else thought I looked good.

My next one is a little strange. I'm generally not a fan of kids and I totally gravitate toward dogs. My family is pretty much the opposite and I know everyone's a little disappointed at my lack of children since I'm the only grandchild. My grandma really isn't a dog person and looks at me like I'm crazy when I talk about my pups and what I do for them. One day, she just looked at me and went, "You know, I think you'll make a great mother. You do so well with Ava [my husky] and treat her better than most people treat their kids. You'll be a good mom." I had no response to that one, except that if I have kids, they'll be crate trained too :bigsmile:

And, of course, MFP is great! I had to edit to add this, but everyone here is so nice. I get complements on here all the time and its a little strange for me. I'm used to being mostly ignored by people and you guys are just wonderful. Very inspiring thread! Thanks for starting it :flowerforyou:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    That I had the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen
    :blushing:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    About 9 years ago, I was working in the women's department of JcPenny's and this little ol' lady stopped me while I was walking by and said... "You are just the most beautiful negra I've ever seen... You are just glowing radiance." Minus the racist undertone, it actually made me smile and laugh after I got past the shock.

P.S. The woman's granddaughter was standing with her and apologized profusely. It also turned out the lady was 101 and suffered from dementia so her mind wasn't the best and stuck in past times. Regardless, it still makes me happy.

:huh: :laugh:
  • AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    Way back when I was in college, I had to take a class called "computer instrumentation"...it was a challenging class for computer engineer students. This class began with 45 students, and ended with less than 15. We took our first exam, and the next day the professor had our exams stacked on his desk. I'm standing in line to get my exam. The guy in front of me, is going through the stack looking for his exam, he's picking each one up, and reading off the grade 'F', 'D', 'F', 'F', 'F', 'F', 'F', 'D', 'F', 'F', 'F','F','D','F','F','F','F','F','F','F','F','D','F','F','F','F','F','F','F','F','D','F' and finally 'A'! 98%! shocked, he asks "WHO THE EFF IS THIS MOTHER EFFER!?"

that was my exam, probably one of the best compliments ever!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I always get compliments at doctor's offices. A nurse came out to the waiting area for drawing blood and I was the only one there. She looked at me and then turned around and asked the receptionist something then came back and asked are you Summer? I said yes. She said I never thought that was you. You certainly don't look like a 50 year old woman!!

I smiled from ear to ear and the needle didn't hurt one iota!

lol gotta love those doctor's office compliments! I've had those too. The weirdest are gyno appointments and they're saying how youthful your lady bits are...AWKWARD. But even now at 37 I am more than happy with those kind of compliments.

I actually value any compliment that alludes to me taking good care of myself...for example on occasion someone asks me if I played sports because of how I carry myself with confidence/good posture...to me that is a HUGE compliment! Or a young guy who looked like he has lived a rough life (most likely some drugs involved) told me once that I didn't look 35, and must have never drank beer or smoked in my life. That was a much bigger compliment to me than someone calling me pretty.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    They asked me why what I was doing there and how did I get into their house.....

oh wait
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

lol gotta love those doctor's office compliments! I've had those too. The weirdest are gyno appointments and they're saying how youthful your lady bits are...AWKWARD. But even now at 37 I am more than happy with those kind of compliments.

Hmm, I've NEVER gotten that compliment from my gyno. Wow, now THAT'S awkward for me, lol!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    "Here, take this free candy"
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    This is super cheesy.. but it still made me smile.

A random stranger on MFP sent me a message saying "Hershey's makes thousands of kisses each day.. but all I want is one from you".
    They didn't send a friend request either.. just that, haha.

Ok... I'm just going on record here saying that if that worked I am so sending you a message! =8^)
  • Carross1018
    Options
    I worked at a job that was frequently full of flirty men.
    I have had a couple interesting ones...

One that sticks out is...

One man tell me he wanted to bring me to Jamaica and make me his queen.

He was a regular and would only want to deal with me and every time he'd tell me how beautiful I was and even told my boss that I should get a promotion a few times.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I forgot about this one... It's creepy/sweet. When I went on a trip to Spain and France, my internal clock got a little wonky so I stayed up later than my hotel roommates. In order to let them sleep, I would sit in the lobby with a book and read. In Paris, the night deskman would come over and try to talk to me. One night he told me I was stunning and asked me if I would be his second(!) wife and when I refused, he told me that if I ever reconsidered or just wanted to come back to Paris, all I had to do was call the hotel and ask for him and he'd pay for it o.O
  • Elby13
    Elby13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Out with hubby and a young good looking guy walks upto my hubby and tells him to never let my smile go,
    My smile got bigger x
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Somebody told me once I was blessed. I said excuse me, they said just go look in the mirror and walked away.
  • annie_adcock
    Options
    Wow, this thread is amazing :love: I didn't know that people really gave compliments like that anymore. I feel I should give more sincere and lovely compliments. I do already to all of my friends, but between strangers is also pretty special, because I know how much it makes me smile when I get them!

One that sticks out for me is from my best friend. She told me how her boyfriend had asked as a joke if there was any woman in the world who she would "turn" for, and she said me!! My bum in particular she liked, and then continued to compliment it and asked me how I did it!! She's such a cutie, I love her! :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Not the best thing ever said, but the most recent. I was told this week that I looked like I was in my mid-twenties!
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    A stranger recently asked: "Are those your real eyes?" :smile:

I responded: "What does that mean - are they my REAL eyes....of course they are!" :laugh:

He went on to tell me they were such a 'glorious color of green' that he thought maybe I wore colored contact lenses. Odd, but really kind of nice. :love:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Best recent thing. . . I was carrying my new grandson in a Baby Bjorne and a man in a grocery store asked me if that was my baby.
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Back in the 1980s, I was a Cub Scout leader and, after some mad tree climbing / rope swinging activities that I joined in with (whilst the other leaders sat around watching and talking) one of my Cubs gave me the best compliment ever: "Akela, you're amazing, you're just like She-Ra, Princess of Power" :happy:
  • Michelle8683
    Options
    I have had comments on my hair and my clothes, but I don't remember having any about my body or that I was beautiful (except my family which they just say that because they know im depressed). This might not count but one sunday at church this guy at I have a crush on (I have had a crush on him for years) when he was passing by me he smiled at me and waved, and it just made me feel like I was on top of the world. Little things that strangers say or do like smile, wave, or tell me they like my hair mean a lot to me because I don't get complemented often.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I used to work in a department store and one day I was helping a woman who had a four year old daughter. The little girl was staring at me in silence and looked shocked. The mother looked at me, laughed and said "Oh...she thinks you're The Little Mermaid". It was so sweet and genuine. It really made my day.