Ice cream issues

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I am pissed. I though this was a thread about ice cream issues, where your refrigerator is set too cold and the heavy whipping cream freezes.
    That would be a great case of 1st world problems.

You say that like this very thread isn't too.
    Touché
    My latest creation German Chocolate Peanut butter swirl, I will be making this again

20zz11g.jpg
    For someone who is constantly saying she is willing to steal my stash you come up with the most amazing creations. That looks awesome.

This one is awesome! But of course I want to steal all of yours cause sometimes I don't want to make my own and I need ideas for my next flavors :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is so last year. Gelato is where it's at.

gelato was like two years ago...

Delicious food is timeless.

Well, except that it expires. :ohwell:
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    OHMAGERD. That looks awesome. My husband and I went through a phase where we would try out "stoner" flavors every week...like chunky peanut butter ice cream...WHUT....but it was killing my self control. No more! LOL! But oh so yummy...I heart ice cream!
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Blue Bell has a new flavor out this month: Magic Cookie Bar.... Or Joy! Just lovely sweet Joy. :)

Oooh, like graham cracker crust, chocolate and butterscotch chips, coconut and a can of Eagle brand milk poured over them, those Magic Cookie Bars? My mom made those when I was a kid. I'm drooling right now....

Yes Ma'am, just like that!!! I'm telling ya, it will MAKE your day!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    don't suppose your looking for a roomy/flatmate?
    [/quote]
    I think my better half might have an issue with that.

tell her i'm only after you for your freezer :bigsmile:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    If I was going to try Steve's or Jeni's, what's the one flavor I should get? I think I'm going to spring for one of the more expensive ones tomorrow, but I'm not sure what to get.
    I'd get Jeni's Salty Caramel. The Black Coffee is good if you are really into coffee. The Brambleberry Crisp is quite tasty as well.

Did you guys know Jeni has a cookbook? She's actually my friend's husband's cousin... doesn't help me get free ice cream tho...

http://jenis.com/cookbooks/jenis-splendid-ice-cream-desserts/
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    If I was going to try Steve's or Jeni's, what's the one flavor I should get? I think I'm going to spring for one of the more expensive ones tomorrow, but I'm not sure what to get.
    I'd get Jeni's Salty Caramel. The Black Coffee is good if you are really into coffee. The Brambleberry Crisp is quite tasty as well.

Did you guys know Jeni has a cookbook? She's actually my friend's husband's cousin... doesn't help me get free ice cream tho...

OMG I just realized when I was on the Jeni's website they have expanded their stores that carry it in St. Louis - it is now in one of the major grocery chains - still not where I shop but it is much more likely that I will go to one of these in the foreseeable future! Happy day!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

OMG I just realized when I was on the Jeni's website they have expanded their stores that carry it in St. Louis - it is now in one of the major grocery chains - still not where I shop but it is much more likely that I will go to one of these in the foreseeable future! Happy day!

This is now very relevant to my interests.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Yay!!! :bigsmile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I ended up getting Brambleberry Crisp because I've got a lot of other salted caramel stuff at the moment. And some more gelato fiasco peanut butter because Mr. Acrylics ate it all.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Oooooooh salted caramel! I would pay $8 for that, too.

I have a deep freezer in the garage so there is never an ice cream shortage at my house. I don't think I would survive it otherwise. Ice cream is awesome.

Blue Bunny makes these adorable 150 calorie birthday ice creams in a cone with sprinkles on top. I love them!! Noommmm.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So I bought some Breyer's triple chocolate gelato.... frankly not bad at all for the calories (although to be fair, I had to have a bit more than one serving to have a decent amount of each type of chocolate, so it ended up more calories than Talenti). I actually went to Target to buy some Talenti hazelnut and realized at home that somehow it never made it in my bags (nor did I pay for it at least). I have no idea what happened to it. So I'll have to go back. Bleh.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Yep - Dierbergs. Previously only Straubs and Local Harvest. Neither of which is far from me, just not places I normally shop. I go to Schnucks, which only recently started carrying Talenti, and I was pretty happy about that...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    So I bought some Breyer's triple chocolate gelato.... frankly not bad at all for the calories (although to be fair, I had to have a bit more than one serving to have a decent amount of each type of chocolate, so it ended up more calories than Talenti). I actually went to Target to buy some Talenti hazelnut and realized at home that somehow it never made it in my bags (nor did I pay for it at least). I have no idea what happened to it. So I'll have to go back. Bleh.

Does Target have the chocolate hazelnut or just the regular hazelnut?
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I think you need to get better friends husband's cousins that will actually hook you up. Either way that's still pretty cool.

IKR?! I was laughing just typing that sentence.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Yep - Dierbergs. Previously only Straubs and Local Harvest. Neither of which is far from me, just not places I normally shop. I go to Schnucks, which only recently started carrying Talenti, and I was pretty happy about that...

Awesome. I'm a Dierberg's guy...and Breyer's coffee is my go-to ice cream, so I'm all over trying another brand of it.

Adding to grocery list now...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I just bought this

HaloTop-Protein-Ice-Cream-m.gif

For those 'god where did all of my calories go' nights.

I'm looking at it now with regret deep in the pit of my stomach, but I also got this

rbk-ice-cream-steves-salty-caramel-lgn.jpg

and this

medium_62a0ef0ba3ebea9fd237d03a4a4b6afc834c1267.jpg

So hopefully those will ease any sadness over the lemon cake. Either way I have a deep freezer so I have lots of room to try stuff.