Ice cream issues

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    I agree. HD's sea salt caramel is really sweet, but that turns out to be okay for me now and again because I tend to eat way smaller portions of it due to the sweetness of it. Personally I love the cappucino and tiramisu but since you aren't into coffee flavors...

stracciatella
    vanilla bean (one of my favs)
    black cherry amaretto
    dark chocolate chip (very rich and sweet, though. I eat it in very small portions)
    limoncello

Here are their other flavors, but I haven't tried these yet:
    caramelized banana chip
    pistachio
    pomegranate swirl

The thing Talenti has over HD, I have to say, is the variety.

Caramelized banana chip is delicious! Even better between two halves of a chocolate peanut butter Pop Tart.

I tried that one and wasn't too impressed. Maybe I'm not an HD kind of girl.

HD definitely isn't my go-to, but I did like that flavor. I saw "caramelized banana" and had to try it.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I usually buy the little single serves of either the HD salted caramel gelato or of Edy's chocolate or mint chip ice cream. But if I am going to indulge I go with Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate. Lucky for me it is pricey because I find it hard to stop once I start eating it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I usually buy the little single serves of either the HD salted caramel gelato or of Edy's chocolate or mint chip ice cream. But if I am going to indulge I go with Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate. Lucky for me it is pricey because I find it hard to stop once I start eating it.

That Mexican chili chocolate is so freaking good! I found it at a co-op yesterday for $5 something, and I'm pretty sure I paid $7 for it somewhere else.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I will store all your ice cream, gelato and any other delicious treats. I went out and bought a freezer just to store my ice cream. I only have 4 flavors left will need to make some new flavors this week.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Goddammit, Chelle, now I want Phish Food.

I want the brownies.

I made brownies last week from some random mix that I found in my pantry, I think it was part of a Christmas gift/stocking stuffer. Anyway, they were the most boring brownies ever, but I cannot bring myself to throw out baked goods. So we had brownie sundaes with them. With the ice cream and chocolate syrup, they were much more palatable...
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I had chocolate cayenne ice cream last night at a tapas restaurant. It was awesome! I need to see if they sell Steve's anywhere around me.

Also, someone said they thought HD sea salt caramel was sweet - I haven't tried that one, but I actually think the Talenti Sea Salt Caramel is very sweet too. I like it, I just don't get nearly enough salt flavor for my liking. To me it tastes just like caramel apple coating. The chocolate pieces are a nice touch though...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I had chocolate cayenne ice cream last night at a tapas restaurant. It was awesome! I need to see if they sell Steve's anywhere around me.

Also, someone said they thought HD sea salt caramel was sweet - I haven't tried that one, but I actually think the Talenti Sea Salt Caramel is very sweet too. I like it, I just don't get nearly enough salt flavor for my liking. To me it tastes just like caramel apple coating. The chocolate pieces are a nice touch though...

The HD is way sweeter than the Talenti. Normally nearly nothing is too sweet for me but that was.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

The HD is way sweeter than the Talenti. Normally nearly nothing is too sweet for me but that was.

I'm going to skip that one then. I actually haven't found a salted caramel gelato/ice cream flavor that I love in the stores yet. I have some salted caramel sauce from William's Sonoma that is amazing - I usually just put that on regular vanilla ice cream when I want that salty/sweet combo.

This weekend I had a pretzel caramel custard concrete that was pretty good, I should totally make that at home... BRB, going to look at how many calories I will have left tonight...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I'm going to skip that one then. I actually haven't found a salted caramel gelato/ice cream flavor that I love in the stores yet. I have some salted caramel sauce from William's Sonoma that is amazing - I usually just put that on regular vanilla ice cream when I want that salty/sweet combo.

This weekend I had a pretzel caramel custard concrete that was pretty good, I should totally make that at home... BRB, going to look at how many calories I will have left tonight...

I don't know if you'd like it because I'm not huge on the salty factor but I did find the Bluebell to be a little saltier than the others I'd tried.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Salted Caramel is my absolute favorite :love:

Have you tried Talenti's Sea Salt Caramel??!

This stuff is seriously heaven in a reusable plastic container. And I reuse every one, so there's a lot of evidence around that I eat a metric ton of Talenti.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Pretzel caramel custard? I'm intrigued.

Well it is a concrete, so it is vanilla custard with pretzels and caramel sauce mixed in. You can also get it with chocolate custard as the base. I was kicking myself for not ordering that as soon as the words were out of my mouth...
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I don't see any problems. If it's crazy delicious, then hell yeah! Of course, I don't want to break the bank for ice cream (like THAT could happen).

Have you ever tried Haagen Dazs "Black Walnut?"
  • shammathews
    shammathews Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the Walmart brand Sea Salt Caramel with Truffle is one of the best ice creams ever. EVER.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the Walmart brand Sea Salt Caramel with Truffle is one of the best ice creams ever. EVER.

Ooooh, Sam's Choice coffee and donuts, too! Yu-hummmmm!
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    B&J Late Night Snack has clumps of potato chips covered in chocolate and salted caramel and it very tasty.

I make my own salted caramels and salted caramel sauce so I am a salted caramel snob.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm super pumped because 6 packs of klondikes are on sale for $1.88 at shoprite.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options

Pretzel caramel custard? I'm intrigued.

Well it is a concrete, so it is vanilla custard with pretzels and caramel sauce mixed in. You can also get it with chocolate custard as the base. I was kicking myself for not ordering that as soon as the words were out of my mouth...
    Oh man. That sounds sound awesome. I need that in my life.
    I don't see any problems. If it's crazy delicious, then hell yeah! Of course, I don't want to break the bank for ice cream (like THAT could happen).

Have you ever tried Haagen Dazs "Black Walnut?"
    Black walnut? I've never heard of that before.

It was one of those liimited flavors. I'm looking for it like crazy