Ice cream issues

Options

Replies

• socomary
    socomary Posts: 52
    Options
    I like to experiment in the kitchen AND we have an ice cream maker. I feel your pain...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to get all serious in a light-hearted thread but I have to ask a question.

For those of you who used to pig out on ice cream, and I'm sure some of you have, how did you train yourselves to eat a reasonably sized portion?

If I have some outside of the house, I'm ok. I eat it, it's done and I'm not pining for more.
    But once it's in the house, I can't stop thinking about it and have trouble controlling it.

Is it because you gave yourself permission to eat it and the craving for it went away because it wasn't off limits anymore?

I'd love to know, seriously, how you guys overcame the need to overeat it if you wouldn't mind sharing.

The way I look at it, I can't binge on it, or it means I need to stop buying it, and that would make me really sad. But yeah I've gone over a couple times when my willpower was lower, hasn't been a huge deal either way... but typically, one serving is enough for me.

About the obsession with Talenti, well, it has better ingredients, and it's delicious. I tried it because of these forums too... and yes I find it has a stronger flavor and is more satisfying.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried Haagen Dazs and Breyer's gelato? How do they compare?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter problem :( I cant have it in the house or it is GONE
    and not in a moderate way.....

I cant do a "serving" of ice cream of a "serving" of peanut butter, once the spoon goes in either one of those, its on!
    I buy those teeny, tiny cups of Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream (310 calories).

Then I pretend I'm a giant eating an entire pint.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    In case anyone doubts that I am what I say I am. Here's an updated pyramid picture. Yes I know, the point is missing.....
    srKsJYb.jpg?1

don't suppose your looking for a roomy/flatmate?
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Dude. As if your descriptions weren't already enough you had to post PICTURES of that yummy stuff!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I cant do a "serving" of ice cream of a "serving" of peanut butter, once the spoon goes in either one of those, its on!
    I buy those teeny, tiny cups of Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream (310 calories).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Here's a great idea to help with your issue of the salted caramel ice cream..which btw looks out of this world yummy! I am burning a Yankee candle right now called Salted Caramel. Maybe lighting that will suffice. I know when I burn different types of candles they either encourage me to eat or discourage. The salted caramel one really satisfies my taste buds. Not sure if you're a candle type of guy but worth a try! :)
    Sorry, but I can't eat a candle.
    FFS. An MFP first. When you are having cravings, candles are a good substitute. :laugh:

Just when you think you've heard it all....
  • summer144012
    Options
    OP, I would assume if you "ate" the Salted Caramel candle, you would then have digestive issues rather than caloric issues. Decisions, decisions!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I like the Breyers. It's not as good as Talenti but it's also less calories so there's that. It's good for nights when I have less discretionary calories to spend. I like the tiramisu and it's 170 calories per serving.
  • summer144012
    Options
    Instructions how to use appetite suppressing candles

The instructions for burning these candles as appetite suppressants number one through four: basically what you’re doing is misdirecting your behavior (not your stomach but your mouth and mind) with the burning of these; also be sure that you are not bored, but instead have something to do. Step number two is to get rid of any snacks( ICE CREAM) that may be sitting directly in front of you or within your reach. Thirdly, wherever you spend the most time is a great place to have a peppermint or cinnamon scented candle or oil; it will help reduce hunger while you work or spend your time. Finally, if you must snack do it healthfully.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

The instructions for burning these candles as appetite suppressants number one through four: basically what you’re doing is misdirecting your behavior (not your stomach but your mouth and mind) with the burning of these; also be sure that you are not bored, but instead have something to do. Step number two is to get rid of any snacks( ICE CREAM) that may be sitting directly in front of you or within your reach. Thirdly, wherever you spend the most time is a great place to have a peppermint or cinnamon scented candle or oil; it will help reduce hunger while you work or spend your time. Finally, if you must snack do it healthfully.

That's nice. Now, back to the actual ice cream.

nothingfeelsbetterthan-photo-726753188.gif
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    If you get to las Vegas go to a place called sprinkles. the best salty caramel in my life.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

OR!

Have a brownie!

zzKUA7K.jpg?1

Or some cheesecake (Um. You should bake it first tho. Forgot to take a picture of it after it came out the oven)
    oiYgIBN.jpg?2

Perhaps some froyo?
    qpYV2s2.jpg?1

Maybe a little...phish food?
    bnj_froyo_phish_food.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    In case anyone doubts that I am what I say I am. Here's an updated pyramid picture. Yes I know, the point is missing.....
    srKsJYb.jpg?1

so. stupid question what's the recent obsession with talenti?
    how is it different than ice cream- or gelato? or what? what's it's big draw? ... actually what is it beside frozen deliciousness (which I'm assuming from the above picture.. it IS delicious) I have questions.

PS- that's an awesome pyramid.
    in my experience, gelato doesn't make me feel blah (intestinal cramps etc)like ice cream does.:flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Personally I'd rather just enjoy the ice cream and work it into my calorie and macro goals for the day. Doing so has allowed me to lose 44 lbs and keep it off for more than 18 months.

I didn't get the impression at all that the OP was looking for ways not to eat the ice cream, and he's been on my friend list awhile so I'm fairly confident in my assessment.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Goddammit, Chelle, now I want Phish Food.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Goddammit, Chelle, now I want Phish Food.

I want the brownies.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I was an ice cream and froyo addict. Now I've been making my own froyo with non fat Greek yogurt and fruit. It's not quite the same, but it's close enough to give me an ice cream/froyo hit :D