Tall girls...goal weight?

Options

Replies

• pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'. I'd love to be 200 again... at that weight I wore size 12 (I think I'm somewhat dense? Lol I don't know. Most of my weight comes from my thighs and I never had a proportionally big middle). I have my goal weight as lower than 200 but I really doubt I'll make it that far, or that I'll want to. I'll see when I get there. I'd actually probably settle for 225, but we'll see.
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'11.5 and I definately say go with how you feel. My doctor, the BMI charts and target weight charts all tell me that I should be around 160-170...ummm.no...the lowest I've ever been was 173 before kids and I looked ill and had to practically starve. My personal goal is 185. Most women think this is too big but for me, I will be screaming and doing cart wheels as if I weighed 120 when I get there :) Good luck!

DEAR LORD YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

/sorry if that was creepy

lol : ) Thank you! Not creepy at all, you're making me :blushing:
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' 1'' and with my frame my doctor said be 180?
    But i'm well over that.
    but 180 is my goal :]
  • tdixon00
    Options
    Don't base your weight on anyone else, everyone is built so differently! For a while a bunch of my friends were wearing the same pant size even though we are all different heights and builds. Go with what makes you feel good about yourself and ignore all the talk that's out there about what you "should" weigh.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    It really depends on you.

If you have a small frame size and want to be 120, great, you'll have a slammin' body when you get there.
    If you have a large frame size, but not a lot of muscles, you might be slammin' hot at 130 or so.
    If you've got a large frame and you've got comparatively more muscle, then you might be slammin' at 140 or up.

I think its a lot to do with the genetics you're dealing with individually, what you want to look like, and what you realistically can do. Combine those and then decide how much you think you should weight. Nobody elses' opinion matters (well maybe your doctors) as long as you're beaing realistic and healthy with your goals.
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-9 and I am not built to be tiny, wide shoulders, even when I was much smaller, such a long time ago, wide hips. I set my goal weight at 135, as a guesstimate. My actual goal is to get back into a size 8, which I have not seen in 12 years, I felt and looked good then. I got down to a 6 before that, but it didn't look good on my frame, while a friend of mine, also 5-9 looks amazing in a 6.

I'd say go for what makes you feel good, and keeps you healthy.
  • kate205gti
    kate205gti Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 8 but very lean and lanky so ive set mine to 126lb, which is what i used to weigh when i was in my early 20's and equates to a size 10, dont think i'd want to go any lower but it all depends on your frame and how you carry the weight so set a higher goal and see if youre happy with it and if not go a bit lower :)
  • PrincessPudgy
    Options
    If you're comfortable and happy with your weight, and it's a healthy weight, DO NOT CHANGE. Taller ladies can't be expected to weight the same as shorter women.

I myself am 6 ft 1 (185 cm) and am aiming to be around 80kilos. That's 176 pounds. According to BMI calculations - that'll be healthy for me. I'm going to be ECSTATIC when I reach that weight. I know I have a large frame, and always have. If I get down to that and I still have flab, I may tone it and trim a few more pounds off myself. But until I get to there I won't know.

But like I said, if you're happy, comfortable and overall healthy, just maintain that. :)
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and a couple of years ago I weighed 160 and I was in great shape and looked awesome. Prior to that, back when I was 19 years old, I went on an insane diet (totally not healthy) and got down to 115 pounds...everyone around me was telling me how horrible I looked and how I needed to start eating. I tend to have a bit of a distorted body image...so I really have a hard time telling when I am too big or too small. I believe 150-160 is probably the ideal weight for me...but I'm going to try and achieve 145 just for my own personal goals. It is however you feel. I think you look awesome and shouldn't lose another pound!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow tall ladies! Take it from me....I'm 6'4" and 195lbs. Not many people would guess that I weigh as much as I do but I guess that's because us tall ladies wear it well :wink: Before I had my son, I weighed 200lbs but I have always been very lean and muscular (I was an athlete). The weird part is that I weigh 5 lbs less than I did when I got pregnant but I'm suddenly sporting thunder thighs. Now, I'm trying to either lose a few pounds or gain back the muscle mass that I had pre-baby...either one will be fine with me. But seriously, I'm not stressing about weighing more than all the tiny ladies. I SHOULD weigh more, and I SHOULD wear a bigger size. Please do not try to lose weight because of what someone else (including doctors) thinks your size and weight should be. If you are in at least decent physical condition, eat healthy, and feel good, then you are where YOU need to be. I mean, when I was at my thinnest, I wore a size 12. So ladies, let go of unrealistic expectations and know that you are all beautiful in YOUR size and shape. Break the mold, variety is the spice of life.
    Dixie
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". Currently weighing in around 167lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 115lbs. I've been 110lbs before and I wasn't overly skinny... I felt just right. I wore a size 2 comfortably. I think the "best" weight for my build is 120lbs as it's a little bit more than my lowest weight. And what my healthy range for my body type is in, anywhere from 115 - 145lbs. (Why do they make the ranges so big) Anyways:

If you're comfortable and confident in your own skin, then go for it hun! Don't let other's goal weights throw you off or make you think you needed to change to fit it or feel confident, only you can determine that :)
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is about 120... but I have a pathetic amount of muscle. I want to lose around another 7lbs of fat but gain quite a bit of muscle. I'll happily settle for a final weight higher than 120 as long as my BF is way down!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    I am 5'10" and my initial goal was 174, which was *just* into the healthy BMI range. However, now, at about 15 pounds to go to reach that first goal, i KNOW that i am going to want to lose more, so i reset my goal to 140. It will be a stretch. I may not make it all the way there (and i am ok with that--- really!). I have a large frame and even as a long and lean teenager, i was 157 when i graduated HS. Yeah and this $hithead guy who dated my BFF nicknamed me Big Hips back then. Not fun. You can melt away fat but you cant melt away wide hips. *kitten*! lol .... So anyhoooooo, looking to get under 174 and hopefully to 157 (because i know NOW that i looked good then) and maybe MAYBE to 140. Fitness comes before any # on a scale though!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Thank you ALL for your input, I enjoyed reading it!! I think I will only go as low as 135, which was my "goal" anyway. I never thought I'd be where I am right now. Happy to be a "tall" girl...although, I don't feel so tall anymore!!!
  • classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I am loving seeing all the tall women. I am 5' 10" and 199 pounds and I wear a size 12. My first goal weight is 170 and then I will readjust if needed. Once I hit 170 I want to start focusing on my body fat %.
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Your BMI should be 19-25. A person who is 5'10" or more who weighs 120 is too thin. In highschool I was all muscle and weighed 132 at a height of 5'10" and when I look at those pictures I think, yuck, I look anorexic. I wasn't, just good metabolism at that time and I ran all the time and played sports, but I definitely don't want to look like that. Just focus on being healthy, not on a specific weight.
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread. I am 5' 11" and currently weigh 218. My goal is 170, but a "dream goal" for me is 150.
    I feel good at 180ish, but still look pudgy, and carry all my weight around my waist and on my back. Skinny legs, proportionately. Good to see that there are others out there that can't look at 110 realistically
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    5'10 - goal weight 155lbs

I'm currently at 170 (my profile pic was taken on Saturday)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    OK, disclaimer, cause I am not tall...I am posting this about my mom. :flowerforyou:

My mom is 5'11" and her goal weight is about 145ish. At that weight she fits into size 10 jeans, and seriously, she LOOKS like she is slimmer than that and actually appears to be like a size 6 or something because of the fact she is so tall. She was actually lighter than that, somewhere in the 130s, and she hated it because she was too skinny and people commented on how she looked gaunt. She even hated her pictures during that time.

I just wanted to add that because I know that a lot of girls want to weigh like 115 or something and forget that your height has A LOT to do with how it will look. I like this thread because it keeps things in perspective. :bigsmile: Cause I look fat at 145 and my mom looks hot at 145. :tongue:
  • sshruff1
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" and you can see by my signature below that my goal weight is 135. I just took the lowest and highest pounds in the healthy BMI range and averaged them. When I get to a point where I feel good and I'm physically fit, I will determine if 135 is the right weight for me. I just didn't know how far I wanted to go and that seemed like the best mathematical formula for me.