Tall girls...goal weight?

Options

Replies

• bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet even and I really felt like I was WAY too thin in HS (145-150) I went to college and put on 20 lbs of muscle. (165-170) I have a big frame (at least medium) and really feel like being between 175 and 185 would be a good range for me. It really is what you are comfortable with. Being tall, I would suggest going by what you feel like and not what the scale says because it is always going to be higher than it will be for shorter gals. Besides, what is sexier than a tall, lean, athletic, confident woman? Not much! :wink:
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with Previous Posters about base it on how you feel. I am 5'9 and currently 157 and can wear some size 6 clothes. Before pregnancy I was at my lowest being 145 and truly my face is too thin. If only we could decide where we lose the weight sigh.....

I was my heaviest at 240 in highschool and being tall thank goodness no one had a clue. :noway:
  • Awsum2000
    Awsum2000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and right now hoovering between 165-170 but trying to get back down to around 155. My lowest was 145 and I looked like someone on 'that stuff". So like all the others said, be whatever you feel comfortable with..
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    For me, I am 5'8"... I am ~166 pounds right now and fitting into an 8 or a 10 pant, depending on the cut.

And amber this shows you why you have to decide for you. I'm an inch taller and 3 pounds lighter and my butt's in a 12 right now (I can force it into a 10 but it's not pretty and could probably be dangerous if the button blows off). It's totally dependent on your frame.

:laugh: The last comment made me giggle....I am 5'8" and right now at 160, I fluctuate between 155-160, in a sz 12 usually (could fit into some 10's but like the above poster said...). I have gotten lower on the scale, the 145-150 ish range, and I always come back up to the 155-160 range:grumble: I have been athletic (soccer, basketball, running..) most of my life and just don't think my bod wants to go much below 155 ish. I would love to drop a few more pounds, purely to get rid of the extra squishiness around my middle courtesy of pregnancy and happily be able to wear my bikini again...but it's a battle. If you are in a healthy weight range for your height, physically active and feel good...thats what counts.
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and look best at around 135-140. Anything smaller than that just isn't necessary. I like my natural curves!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11.
    My goal right now is 180 and then I'll reassess. In order to have a healthy BMI according to the charts I need to be 170, but I'm not sure that's doable. I have a medium frame bone-strutcture wise, but I'm faily muscular, so I think it would be a battle to keep at 170.

I'm very fit and lean at 175 range. I've been 150 and it was unhealthy (much too thin/weak) for me.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If you feel good than that is all that counts. You actually are where you should be. They say to add 5 pounds for every inch over 5 ft so 5ft 1 in = 105. 5 ft 2 +110lbs and so forth so you are right on tract:wink:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i'm shooting for around 170. i'm 5'9".
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I didn't say this in my original post, but my goal is a size 4. Which is going to be tough, since I too carry a lot of weight in my butt and thighs. Not to mention, my hips measure 40", no matter what I do. I have very wide hips. I wish I could find jeans designed for someone with curves :(
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    It sounds like you're right where you should be. It is very likely that the women on here with a goal of 120 are shorter than you. I'm 5'7" and my goal is to be between 135-140.

If you feel fit, like how you look, and are at a healthy weight, I'd say you should focus on maintaining.
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". When I was 140 (many years ago) my family accused me of being anorexic!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I have a question for the taller girls...5'7 and taller. I stand 5'8. I weigh 140. I have noticed a lot of women on here with goals or an actual weight of around 120 lbs. I feel good about my weight, but am questioning if I need to lose more? I have a healthy BMI, I feel good, and I am in a size 5 pants size. Should I lose MORE weight? I mean, it would definitely be a new challenge for me, but I'm not sure how I would look. I think I could lose more, but what makes you guys want to be 120? I mean, with how tall we are, I think that even at 150 we look fit. Is it for your health? BMI? Or is it looks? Just wondering!!

I am 5'7". Right now I weight 169. I would like to be around 157ish? 150 maybe? I don't know. 160? Okay...I have no clue. My lowest adult weight was 163, I believe. But the best shape I've been in was probably around 165.
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 (at my last check up they said 5'9" but Im not convinced :wink: ) and this morning I weighed in at 185. I wear a size 12 and have a few 10s that work on a good day. Everyones body is different, but I would like to get down to 175 and reasses then. My goal size wise is an 8, but I carry a lot in my belly from my pregnancies and Im not sure that skin is gonna go anywhere! :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    So awesome to see so many tall girls :flowerforyou:

I'm 6 feet tall. I started my weight loss journey at a high of 205 lbs. I was stuck in the 175 - 180 for it seems like a long time. Right now I'm down to 167 lbs.

My initial goal was to hit 165 lbs. But being so close and feeling as great as I do, I think that might change to 155 to 160 range.

I workout a lot, try to eat healthy, I do have my cheats here and there, but I try not to beat myself up for it. Just forget it and move on. I def want to tone my body A LOT. I dream of having defined abs.
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just think 120 pounds it way too low for someone who is 5' 10" or more. Yuck! I am 148-150 now and if I lost another 30 pounds I dont' know where it would come from. I don't want to be a stick figure. I am fairly satisfied where I am, as long as I don't go on a two week bender eating garbage and I continue to work out, I seem to be holding steady. That is my goal for the year. Wish me luck! Go tall girls!
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is to be around 150, although I'll reassess at 160 I think.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". At my fittest pre-baby I was 128 - 132 lbs. When I became pregnant I was 155 lbs. I would have to say that I felt a lot healthier at the first weight mentioned. I began my journey at 194 lbs. I'm now 180 lbs. Ultimately I'd like to get down to 145 lbs and see how I feel then.
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm 5' 7". I've been heavy quite a few years. I think that makes a difference. If I get to 160, I'll feel skinny! of course, I won't be, but I'll feel it! When I was in college, I did a lot of sports and exercising and weighed about 125 to 130, but a lot of it was muscle. For me, that makes a difference. I'm sure now that a lot of my weight is fat and not muscle. If/when I get there, I'm going to concentrate more on building muscle. I'm sure my shape will change too. And, if I let the muscle catch up to the loss, I may end up losing even more.

I agree with what most people on here have said--go with what you feel! Another thought about that is that if you lose too much, you'll have a harder time keeping it off.
  • JaneP2011
    JaneP2011 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I didn't say this in my original post, but my goal is a size 4. Which is going to be tough, since I too carry a lot of weight in my butt and thighs. Not to mention, my hips measure 40", no matter what I do. I have very wide hips. I wish I could find jeans designed for someone with curves :(

Yeah, I know this problem too well. I guess whether you can get to your goal depends on whether you're wide boned in that area or just carrying your weight there.
    I have a friend who is 5ft 9 and a size 4 and she weighs 125 lbs and is very slim and perfectly proportioned. She doesn't look ill or anorexic either, just slender and fit!

But I guess you have to accept your genetic limitations and acknowledge that some people are just naturally able to carry lower weights easily.

There's no doubt that 140 lbs at our height is slim and looks great.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Yay for tall girls! I'm 5'9 and aiming for 140lbs or a 6 pack whatever comes first LOL!!! I'm feeling and looking pretty good right now at 149 but I carry all my weight in my hips, thighs, and booty. I can wear small shirts but I have to get size 9-11 pants just to fit my big ole' butt into them. If I could get rid of these saddle bags on my thighs and keep my flat tummy I'd be super happy.