Doesn't anybody dead lift?

Options

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I deadlift. I pulled 205lbs (1.63 x body weight; obviously, I'm a little proud of this) last week. I growled and scared some young guys. They weren't deadlifting.

Cheers on scaring the bros! :drinker:

rawr
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    When you see that trainer, punch him/her in the throat. Deadlifts are awesome!
  • ROBINSTL67
    ROBINSTL67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When you see that trainer, punch him/her in the throat. Deadlifts are awesome!

In his defense, he DID teach me. He just seemed to think it was a strange request. He even asked me why I wanted to do that lift and I had to pull out the book and show him.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I honestly hadn't thought much of it until now, but the only ones I see deadlifting in my gym are the girls who come in and work with the regular guys. There aren't really any other female regs in the weights area, but sometimes one of the guys will bring a sister/girlfriend/etc and coach them through a workout. They ALWAYS have the girl with them doing DLs, but I've never seen any of them do a single one. Curious.

Curious? Naw, good priorities.

0.jpg
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options

Boo dude, as a newbie to weight training this has totally scared me. I love deadlifts!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I think they're high, and satirising.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Is STL just weird?

Yes, toasted ravioli is pretty damning evidence.

Toasted ravioli is the bomb! But we won't talk about provel "cheese".

I've been out here for two years, and I'm still afraid of the provel. it's provolone! it's velveeta! no wait! you're both right!

but I heart dead lifts. helps me stretch out my lower back to hammies. :flowerforyou:

(eta: deadlift comment)
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    there are people deadlifting in my gym every time I go and frequently people waiting their turn to use the area next (and there are three station to DL in)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    There are days at my gym with 4 bars on the ground for DL's and all cages/racks taken for squats.

Yes- we lift bro.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I lift ALL TEH DEADZ. Love it! The only ones at my YMCA that do them ironically are the Y trainers and the guys training for body building competitions. We are the smart ones!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I go to a powerlifting/boxing gym. I think I have seen every person there doing deadlifts. Sometimes there is a wait for an oly bar. Pretty inspiring actually, since a few of the guys I train with are preparing for competitions this summer.

One time I came and it was like the entire gym was doing leg day. All the HOTNESS. I was happy to observe while I waited for a rack to clear out.

*fans self*
  • wal807
    wal807 Posts: 4
    Options
    i like doing dead lift and squats these exerciser boost the metabolic rate helping the body fire up through the day. The reason why i do these execiser is so i can focus you watch if someone say can i train with you, you say your doing dead lift or squats and they will dissaprear within 3 sec but these execiser are the best for bulking up and burning calorie. girls do them so as to tighten there thighs and glutes men do them to build muscle and burn cals. If you need to ask me any question concerning this exercise send me a message
  • wal807
    wal807 Posts: 4
    Options
    lol yes hi :laugh:
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Is STL just weird?

Yes. I had the "pleasure" (note the sarcasm) of living there for 4 awful years.

Anyway....I Deadlift weekly...at my home gym.
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just finished my workout and I noticed a couple of people doing what looked like deadlifts but with dumbbells. I have seen a couple of girls doing it and like 3 guys.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I do!
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Boo dude, as a newbie to weight training this has totally scared me. I love deadlifts!

I watched that entire video.

To paraphrase Billy Madison, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this post is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
  • jaimelynnkohler
    jaimelynnkohler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner, but my trainer told me deadlifts were goodstuff and I liked them a lot. In fact, I'm looking to buy a kettlebell for my home workout...I will have gorgeous arms in this lifetime !
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    People do them at my Y all the time. My dad's tiny Y out in the middle of nowhere barely even has a free weights section and it's pretty much full of high school football guys doing curls. Just depends on where you are I guess.