The Real Danger of Smoothies and Juicing

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Dairy kills us all, especially Mayo, because that's the whitest of dairy products and should be avoided along with Avocados which contain no fat and are thusly sabotaging us and leading to cankles.

Dude, now _I'M_ confused. Mayo is a dairy product??? I thought it was made out of eggs and oil. But if there is an animal that shoots Hellmann's out of its teats, PLEASE identify it for me so that I can adopt one and let it live in my shed with the lawn mower. I love me some mayo!

Yeah, I was going to question that but I couldn't find the original quote and didn't want to riff off an out-of-context statement.

Don't EVER question me likiti!! Everything I say is true...

(And the "Mayo is a dairy" was an old thread, but golden. And the OP truly believed it... b/c it was white. Reminds me of the post along the lines of "You pee out the fat. That's the stuff you see floating in the toilet. That's how you lose fat.")

Internet Gold is what this is.

Oh. Got it!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-9989-1405355044-1.gif

I laughed so hard at this my service dog came to check one me!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options

(And the "Mayo is a dairy" was an old thread, but golden. And the OP truly believed it... b/c it was white. Reminds me of the post along the lines of "You pee out the fat. That's the stuff you see floating in the toilet. That's how you lose fat.")

Anyone that has the time to find the links to these threads would be my hero. I haven't been on the forums much in the last few years. The last few days are full of silliness. Was it always this special?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-9989-1405355044-1.gif

I laughed so hard at this my service dog came to check one me!

OH MY WORD! That is hysterical! Great gif!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Anyone that has the time to find the links to these threads would be my hero. I haven't been on the forums much in the last few years. The last few days are full of silliness. Was it always this special?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/438315-when-is-a-pound-lost-and-where-does-it-go

Boom... second post on the thread.

I tried finding the "Mayo is Dairy b/c it's White" a couple times now, but I think somewhere along the lines it was deleted by the Mods b/c it got vicious.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    haha really? this study is BS...the sugars that you get from blending or juicing are NOT the same and do not have the same effect on your body as processed sugar in cookies, sweets etc. ive been juicing and blending for 5 years...Ive lost 100 lbs, Im more fit and active than I have ever been and my blood tests are excellent....

:huh:

I'm juxt wondering what company pays you to say this stuff.

I wish a company DID pay me for this...

Fruit doesnt have any sugar in it...sugar is something that can only exist if you refine something...a banana doesnt have sugar it has a holistic nature to it...if you refine the banana you can get sugar from it...but when its a BANANA it doesnt behave like refined sugar because its a banana...they are totally unrelated...

the food industry has trained people to think about 1 nutrient in an item...cant have fruit its got too much sugar...cant have avacado its got too much fat...really? God put these fruits and vegetables on the planet to eat and give us a healthy life...so eat them and be healthy!

bump I missed the food industry training course. Dat gum it!
  • likitisplit
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/438315-when-is-a-pound-lost-and-where-does-it-go

Boom... second post on the thread.

I tried finding the "Mayo is Dairy b/c it's White" a couple times now, but I think somewhere along the lines it was deleted by the Mods b/c it got vicious.

Wow. Oh. Wow.
    [/quote]
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    banana_gif_ok_by_lilmisswaffles-d4wns8h.gif
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I don't juice. I milk.

milkprotest_1495997c.jpg
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Because bananas and cats obviously go together.

407148-cat-in-a-banana-suit-cat-eating-a-banana-gif

Cat-watches-toilet-flush.gif?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    This thread is epic. It went from juicing is bad for you to are eggs really dairy.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    This thread is epic. It went from juicing is bad for you to are eggs really dairy.

To be honest, the eggs are really dairy is a MFP joke based on another thread.
  • azymth99
    azymth99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If God wanted us to get our nutrients by drinking he would have made everything liquid.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My question about eggs is this :: If your remember the jingle, "Brown eggs are local eggs and local eggs are fresh" ...then what are the white eggs that my backyard flock lays? They must be the dairy eggs because they're white like milk.

The pastel colored eggs from the Ameraucanas - well, those must be from aliens.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    If God wanted us to get our nutrients by drinking he would have made everything liquid.

Exactly. And if he wanted us to walk, he wouldn't have invented cars!
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    its very healthy...just knock out the dairy...and use coconut milk or almond milk instead of milk/yogurt....my son also loves smoothies...now if i could only get him to drink a green smoothie!

Blueberries = the cure for green smoothie aversion!! My 7-yr-old will drink a smoothie that has a bunch of spinach in it (along with some kind of fruit, like bananas/strawberries, etc) - but the color sometimes turns him off.

If I through in some blueberries, it makes the color more appetizing. Although, the other day, he was out with a family friend who bought him some juice. He chose the Odwalla Super Food juice that is VERY green. And he loved it. So... maybe he's gotten over the color issue at this point.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

Wait! Are you saying my vodka has no nutritional value?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Exactly. And if he wanted us to walk, he wouldn't have invented cars!

We should stop peeling and shelling food items then! If god wanted us to eat peeled oranges/bananas/watermelon/nuts/etc he would have grown them already peeled and shelled. Even better! Cows would grow up cooked!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Ah. Holistic bananas, the food industry and peeing out fat.

The giggles of the forums.