The Real Danger of Smoothies and Juicing

Options

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    The Real Danger of Smoothies and Juicing

I was expecting something more along the lines of getting your long hair caught in the blender...

Expectations destroyed :(
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Dairy kills us all, especially Mayo, because that's the whitest of dairy products and should be avoided along with Avocados which contain no fat and are thusly sabotaging us and leading to cankles.

Dude, now _I'M_ confused. Mayo is a dairy product??? I thought it was made out of eggs and oil. But if there is an animal that shoots Hellmann's out of its teats, PLEASE identify it for me so that I can adopt one and let it live in my shed with the lawn mower. I love me some mayo!

Yeah, I was going to question that but I couldn't find the original quote and didn't want to riff off an out-of-context statement.

Eggs are considered a dairy product.

No. :angry:

Sorry Jules.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that's nonsense. There's millions upon millions of worse things you can eat than fresh fruit and veg; in any form. Do they sate your appetite less than eating them whole? Yes. Should you be conscious of how many calories any smoothies/juices you make contain? Yes. Just like anything else you ingest.

Again, green juices do not contain calories. The nonsense is yours.
    http://www.livefoodbar.com/drinks.html#juice The liquid plumber contains 98 calories for a 16 oz serving.
    I got this right from the bottle I drank yesterday. It's a green juice.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Because they have to be refrigerated at the store. Just like orange juice. Duh.

Please tell me you used sarcasm font for this statement..... I can't tell who is bull****ting around anymore and who is seriously ****ting rainbows in their heads!

As I mentioned, I use Arial for sarcasm.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Dairy kills us all, especially Mayo, because that's the whitest of dairy products and should be avoided along with Avocados which contain no fat and are thusly sabotaging us and leading to cankles.

Dude, now _I'M_ confused. Mayo is a dairy product??? I thought it was made out of eggs and oil. But if there is an animal that shoots Hellmann's out of its teats, PLEASE identify it for me so that I can adopt one and let it live in my shed with the lawn mower. I love me some mayo!

Yeah, I was going to question that but I couldn't find the original quote and didn't want to riff off an out-of-context statement.

That has never made sense to me!

Technically, eggs don't HAVE to be refrigerated.

In Ireland at the store they weren't...at my brothers house they would. Possibly out of habit.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

That has never made sense to me!

Technically, eggs don't HAVE to be refrigerated.

In Ireland at the store they weren't...at my brothers house they would. Possibly out of habit.

But salmonella!!!

http://www.thekitchn.com/is-refrigerating-eggs-necessary-176617
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I like to blend up berries!!! :angry: :grumble: :wink: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. :blushing:
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I woudl jsut like to thank you all from the bottom of my dairy and fruit filled heart. This has made my day.

Also I wonder if I worship a the giant cow in the sky (my current reigious belief of "cheesism and ice creamism but not togetherism") then does anythign have calories? I'm pretty sure it means my body is made up of little rainbows and the lucky charms marshmallows. just saying.

only the rainbows coming out your butt have calories. that's how they propel you through the day, protecting you from falling into great vats of mayo and shielding you from dairy that will leap into your mouth and kill you with one mighty stroke of the string cheese if you're not careful!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Nevermind. :blushing:

Double nevermind. :flowerforyou:
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

No. :angry:

Sorry Jules.

but but but but.... chickens come from farms and farms have cows and cows give milk so that must mean that everything on the farm is then considered a milk by-product, thus classifying it as dairy, right?

right?.... bueller?....... bueller?
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Read enough of the thread to know that these articles may be helpful to some people:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/carbohydrates/carbohydrates-and-blood-sugar/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-muscle-building-messenger-complete-guide-to-insulin.html

The Bodybuilding.com article is especially interesting.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    I woudl jsut like to thank you all from the bottom of my dairy and fruit filled heart. This has made my day.

Also I wonder if I worship a the giant cow in the sky (my current reigious belief of "cheesism and ice creamism but not togetherism") then does anythign have calories? I'm pretty sure it means my body is made up of little rainbows and the lucky charms marshmallows. just saying.

only the rainbows coming out your butt have calories. that's how they propel you through the day, protecting you from falling into great vats of mayo and shielding you from dairy that will leap into your mouth and kill you with one mighty stroke of the string cheese if you're not careful!

rainbowhorsefarts.gif
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Why are there not more GIFs? Come on people! This thread is perfect for GIFs!!! :grumble:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Why are there not more GIFs? Come on people! This thread is perfect for GIFs!!! :grumble:

Where's yours?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Don't EVER question me likiti!! Everything I say is true...

(And the "Mayo is a dairy" was an old thread, but golden. And the OP truly believed it... b/c it was white. Reminds me of the post along the lines of "You pee out the fat. That's the stuff you see floating in the toilet. That's how you lose fat.")

Internet Gold is what this is.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Clearly dairy is deadly, or can at least put your eye out:

oacg43.gif
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options

Where's yours?

I don't know how to post them... And I'm at work... :embarassed:
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    thats also why i dont eat shop bought bread; the grains of wheat are milled very very fine so they are quickly broken down, i find that bread does not fill me up as an hour later i would just get hungry , and i only eat wholemeal

also fruit whole has more fibre than drinks and the pasteurisation of smoothies in shops leads to a decrease in mintonutrients so it is less nutritious
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Some of you people have a strange fixation with rainbows...

...and butts...

...and even more disturbingly the combination of the two.

Show me on the doll where the leprechaun touched you.