The Real Danger of Smoothies and Juicing

Options

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that's nonsense. There's millions upon millions of worse things you can eat than fresh fruit and veg; in any form. Do they sate your appetite less than eating them whole? Yes. Should you be conscious of how many calories any smoothies/juices you make contain? Yes. Just like anything else you ingest.

Again, green juices do not contain calories. The nonsense is yours.

Not meaning any offense. Since when did juices of any kind not have any calories? If you throw in 10 stalks of celery, there goes 10 calories. A pound of spinach? another 30. A bunch of carrots? another 40. so about it being nonsense...... There is no such thing as no calories, they might be so small that they are negligible, but the calories are still there. Please back up your "research or knowledge" before you tackle someone else's.

Celery and waffles have negative calories.

Yup, if you eat celery in its original form. (lol waffles) All that chewing and digesting. The thermic effect of food is usually 10 percent, but celery is so low calorie so you burn more. Same thing with drinking iced water. Its the process of making use of watever you just ingested that gives it the so called "negative" calories.

But in juices.....what just happened to all that chewing. All you're doing is consuming the nutrients from that celery plus liquid.

I'm pretty sure celery contains more calories than it takes to digest...

...but not motivated enough to actually confirm this belief, so I could be wrong.

Really doesn't matter to me because celery is as much a food as cardboard is.

It's basically just an edible spoon for peanut butter/cream cheese.

^^^Hey Hey. Edible spoons are good for the environment

I use Oreos as my edible spoon for Peanut Butter.

:love: Why aren't we friends yet?:love:

FR sent
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If someone is Atheist, will an avocado have fat, fruit have sugar and juice have calories?
  • Rogue_Girl
    Rogue_Girl Posts: 36 Member
    Options

This. Our bodies actually convert fructose to glucose. Carbs too. Everything that is a "sugar," regardless of the type of sugar it is, gets converted into glucose.

Finally! Something that makes sense!

Although the cat gif on page 4 did make me giggle.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    af2f0f13231d39b6d8572c4e657c4bcbaf3ab6dd70c337d05799a5362ddc1b46.jpg
  • Rogue_Girl
    Rogue_Girl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Holistic bananas?? It came straight from the unicorn's @ss, right??

Dairy DOES kill. 22 people die each year by being trampled on, or kicked by, a cow.

:huh:

The term "holistic bananas" made me giggle too.

Sounds like the witch doctor hitting on someone, I'm just sayin'.

Also. This thread is an amazing troll thread. Well done, OP. Well done.

"Sounds like the witch doctor hitting on someone" = best part of my day, thanks for the giggle!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Sugar is not sugar if it comes out of a banana, but it is sugar if it comes out of a strawberry, but once you chew it it turns into rainbows whether or not it started as a sugarless banana or a sugarful strawberry. Dairy kills us all, especially Mayo, because that's the whitest of dairy products and should be avoided along with Avocados which contain no fat and are thusly sabotaging us and leading to cankles.

Am I getting this straight?? Am I right?

Yup. I think that about covers it.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Holistic bananas?? It came straight from the unicorn's @ss, right??

Dairy DOES kill. 22 people die each year by being trampled on, or kicked by, a cow.

:huh:

The term "holistic bananas" made me giggle too.

Sounds like the witch doctor hitting on someone, I'm just sayin'.

Also. This thread is an amazing troll thread. Well done, OP. Well done.

"Sounds like the witch doctor hitting on someone" = best part of my day, thanks for the giggle!

Happy to assist! :drinker:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks, OP.
  • joesjl
    joesjl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dairy will KILL you!?! I better tell my 80 year old grandmother to stop eating that slice of cheddar cheese she insists on having with her apple pie! She wouldn't want to leave her children motherless....

Thanks MFP people, this was an entertaining way to keep myself from leaving for lunch early....
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    spinning-head-o.gif

That is all.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I nominate comic sans.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Dairy will KILL you!?! I better tell my 80 year old grandmother to stop eating that slice of cheddar cheese she insists on having with her apple pie! She wouldn't want to leave her children motherless....

"Apple pie without any cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze."
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

"Apple pie without any cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze."

Where did you get that from, it's familiar but I can't place it.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I nominate comic sans.

I actually use Arial pretty effectively for the purpose.
  • WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    I'd rather be killed by dairy and bananas than be run over by a truck. Also, you're lookin' at someone who LITTERALLY grew up on milk and bread. My mom cooked one meal a week with meat and veggies and rice. The rest of the week was milk, bread, and porridge. I'm 21, and have strong teeth and bones........... :wink:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Oh this thread is golden. Because it has been processed by the server.
  • joesjl
    joesjl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My Nana says that too lol! It's a southern thing. She also won't most vegetables or beans unless they've been cooked with bacon!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that's nonsense. There's millions upon millions of worse things you can eat than fresh fruit and veg; in any form. Do they sate your appetite less than eating them whole? Yes. Should you be conscious of how many calories any smoothies/juices you make contain? Yes. Just like anything else you ingest.

Again, green juices do not contain calories. The nonsense is yours.

Not meaning any offense. Since when did juices of any kind not have any calories? If you throw in 10 stalks of celery, there goes 10 calories. A pound of spinach? another 30. A bunch of carrots? another 40. so about it being nonsense...... There is no such thing as no calories, they might be so small that they are negligible, but the calories are still there. Please back up your "research or knowledge" before you tackle someone else's.

Celery and waffles have negative calories.

Yup, if you eat celery in its original form. (lol waffles) All that chewing and digesting. The thermic effect of food is usually 10 percent, but celery is so low calorie so you burn more. Same thing with drinking iced water. Its the process of making use of watever you just ingested that gives it the so called "negative" calories.

But in juices.....what just happened to all that chewing. All you're doing is consuming the nutrients from that celery plus liquid.

I'm pretty sure celery contains more calories than it takes to digest...

...but not motivated enough to actually confirm this belief, so I could be wrong.

Really doesn't matter to me because celery is as much a food as cardboard is.

It's basically just an edible spoon for peanut butter/cream cheese.

^^^Hey Hey. Edible spoons are good for the environment

I use Oreos as my edible spoon for Peanut Butter.

mzYztrNL2eNNoWnDocH9n2Q.jpg

Edit for image size
  • WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    My Nana says that too lol! It's a southern thing. She also won't most vegetables or beans unless they've been cooked with bacon!

I actually used to enjoy veggies as a kid, because I didn't have them on a daily basis. :happy: I guess I'm weird for liking brocolli...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I nominate comic sans.

Is that the snoopy one? because that has my vote.