The Real Danger of Smoothies and Juicing

Options

Replies

• syliatach
    syliatach Posts: 5
    Options
    I'd rather eat my calories than drink them. If it's not a Starbucks drink, I'd rather have water or coffee lol
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I am an atheist. No wonder I'm fat!
  • joesjl
    joesjl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's not weird, I love broccoli too! My kids almost like them I'll get them there...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    af2f0f13231d39b6d8572c4e657c4bcbaf3ab6dd70c337d05799a5362ddc1b46.jpg

I nominate comic sans.

Is that the snoopy one? because that has my vote.

Pretty much, yeah.
  • sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Dairy kills us all, especially Mayo, because that's the whitest of dairy products and should be avoided along with Avocados which contain no fat and are thusly sabotaging us and leading to cankles.

Dude, now _I'M_ confused. Mayo is a dairy product??? I thought it was made out of eggs and oil. But if there is an animal that shoots Hellmann's out of its teats, PLEASE identify it for me so that I can adopt one and let it live in my shed with the lawn mower. I love me some mayo!
  • WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Dairy kills us all, especially Mayo, because that's the whitest of dairy products and should be avoided along with Avocados which contain no fat and are thusly sabotaging us and leading to cankles.

Dude, now _I'M_ confused. Mayo is a dairy product??? I thought it was made out of eggs and oil. But if there is an animal that shoots Hellmann's out of its teats, PLEASE identify it for me so that I can adopt one and let it live in my shed with the lawn mower. I love me some mayo!

I want one that shoots ketchup... I throw ketchup on EVERYTHING!!!! :bigsmile:
  • syliatach
    syliatach Posts: 5
    Options
    About the dairy argument, I do drink skim milk, eat cheese & yogurt and I'm NOT struggling with losing weight at all.
    Unless you drink 5 liters of milk a day, I don't see anything unhealthy about it, it's healthier than eating high fat meats. I stopped following the "low carb, gluten free, dairy free, wheat free...3 trend a long time ago
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that's nonsense. There's millions upon millions of worse things you can eat than fresh fruit and veg; in any form. Do they sate your appetite less than eating them whole? Yes. Should you be conscious of how many calories any smoothies/juices you make contain? Yes. Just like anything else you ingest.

Again, green juices do not contain calories. The nonsense is yours.

Not meaning any offense. Since when did juices of any kind not have any calories? If you throw in 10 stalks of celery, there goes 10 calories. A pound of spinach? another 30. A bunch of carrots? another 40. so about it being nonsense...... There is no such thing as no calories, they might be so small that they are negligible, but the calories are still there. Please back up your "research or knowledge" before you tackle someone else's.

Celery and waffles have negative calories.

Yup, if you eat celery in its original form. (lol waffles) All that chewing and digesting. The thermic effect of food is usually 10 percent, but celery is so low calorie so you burn more. Same thing with drinking iced water. Its the process of making use of watever you just ingested that gives it the so called "negative" calories.

But in juices.....what just happened to all that chewing. All you're doing is consuming the nutrients from that celery plus liquid.

I'm pretty sure celery contains more calories than it takes to digest...

...but not motivated enough to actually confirm this belief, so I could be wrong.

Really doesn't matter to me because celery is as much a food as cardboard is.

It's basically just an edible spoon for peanut butter/cream cheese.

^^^Hey Hey. Edible spoons are good for the environment

I use Oreos as my edible spoon for Peanut Butter.

mzYztrNL2eNNoWnDocH9n2Q.jpg

Edit for image size

Not the same.

I prefer my reece peanut butter cups to be seperate from my oreos!
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Read through page 2 and already decided I must be in.

Thread.Has.Potential
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    For me its an easy way to get in fruit...otherwise I probably wouldn't eat it. It is also far better than the coffee and donut I would generally have in the morning.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Last night I threw a bunch of strawberries in the Nutribullet, and filled in with milk. It was nice knowing all of you.
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Last night I threw a bunch of strawberries in the Nutribullet, and filled in with milk. It was nice knowing all of you.

I give you 2 more hours...you must have had a death wish....
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

I give you 2 more hours...you must have had a death wish....

2 more hours? More like minutes...He did that last night! Any minute now...

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Where did natethegreat8 go? I liked his enthusiasm.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Yeah, I was going to question that but I couldn't find the original quote and didn't want to riff off an out-of-context statement.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Where did natethegreat8 go? I liked his enthusiasm.

I wonder if he accidentally ate something with dairy in it!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    31523ut.jpg

KKK banana cat? I bet that has negative sugar.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Yeah, I was going to question that but I couldn't find the original quote and didn't want to riff off an out-of-context statement.

Eggs are considered a dairy product.
  • julieisafatass
    Options