QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    31523ut.jpg
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Based on this:
    I wish a company DID pay me for this...

Fruit doesnt have any sugar in it...sugar is something that can only exist if you refine something...a banana doesnt have sugar it has a holistic nature to it...if you refine the banana you can get sugar from it...but when its a BANANA it doesnt behave like refined sugar because its a banana...they are totally unrelated...

the food industry has trained people to think about 1 nutrient in an item...cant have fruit its got too much sugar...cant have avacado its got too much fat...really? God put these fruits and vegetables on the planet to eat and give us a healthy life...so eat them and be healthy!

And then this:

What?

Nothing wrong with Dairy!

keep telling yourself that...you're headed to an early grave...better get some life insurance

I really hope you're being sarcastic because fruit does have sugar, avocados do have fat and there isn't anything wrong with dairy. I drink milk, eat yogurt, fruit and avocados. Ain't nothing wrong with me nor will I be "heading for an early grave"

or so you think....

this will show you medical and scientific research that backs up my anti dairy claims...but you probably wont want to educate yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gEiweaAVQ

A youtube video of someones opinion proves to me nothing.

Living life sir you are doing it wrong.

Take your utter nonsense elsewhere.

you obviously are going to continue to be an uneducated fool...who struggles with losing weight...just trying to help you out...but i guess you want your kids to grow up without a dad...

Dairy is good for me, because God* made the people who did dairy farming/herding over the last 10,000 years evolve the ability to digest lactose as adults, and I'm descended from a dairy farming population. Looking at your avatar, I'd say you are too.

*or natural selection, or both, depending on your inclination

giphy.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that's nonsense. There's millions upon millions of worse things you can eat than fresh fruit and veg; in any form. Do they sate your appetite less than eating them whole? Yes. Should you be conscious of how many calories any smoothies/juices you make contain? Yes. Just like anything else you ingest.

Again, green juices do not contain calories. The nonsense is yours.

Not meaning any offense. Since when did juices of any kind not have any calories? If you throw in 10 stalks of celery, there goes 10 calories. A pound of spinach? another 30. A bunch of carrots? another 40. so about it being nonsense...... There is no such thing as no calories, they might be so small that they are negligible, but the calories are still there. Please back up your "research or knowledge" before you tackle someone else's.

Celery and waffles have negative calories.

I don't know, I'm pretty negative when I eat celery, but pretty pleasant when I eat waffles.

See? They cancel each other out!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    haha really? this study is BS...the sugars that you get from blending or juicing are NOT the same and do not have the same effect on your body as processed sugar in cookies, sweets etc. ive been juicing and blending for 5 years...Ive lost 100 lbs, Im more fit and active than I have ever been and my blood tests are excellent....

:huh:

I'm juxt wondering what company pays you to say this stuff.

Fruit doesnt have any sugar in it...sugar is something that can only exist if you refine something...a banana doesnt have sugar it has a holistic nature to it...if you refine the banana you can get sugar from it...but when its a BANANA it doesnt behave like refined sugar because its a banana...they are totally unrelated...

the food industry has trained people to think about 1 nutrient in an item...cant have fruit its got too much sugar...cant have avacado its got too much fat...really? God put these fruits and vegetables on the planet to eat and give us a healthy life...so eat them and be healthy!

Aha!

I think I found the point at which this thread started heading off the rails...which would be at banana sugar that isn't really sugar because banana.

200px-Dancing_Banana.gif

I just wanted a place to park these:

6eLwY9S.gif
    tumblr_m6yl5znhou1rxspv4o1_r1_500.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Based on this:

And then this:

What?

keep telling yourself that...you're headed to an early grave...better get some life insurance

I really hope you're being sarcastic because fruit does have sugar, avocados do have fat and there isn't anything wrong with dairy. I drink milk, eat yogurt, fruit and avocados. Ain't nothing wrong with me nor will I be "heading for an early grave"

or so you think....

this will show you medical and scientific research that backs up my anti dairy claims...but you probably wont want to educate yourself...

Take your udder nonsense elsewhere.

FIFY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcWzy7h2rB5Ck73PWhG36uVHjO9Aljse0TKiKUSpUmk7NX0AOz
    bwahaha.
  • paulzli
    paulzli Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that's nonsense. There's millions upon millions of worse things you can eat than fresh fruit and veg; in any form. Do they sate your appetite less than eating them whole? Yes. Should you be conscious of how many calories any smoothies/juices you make contain? Yes. Just like anything else you ingest.

Not meaning any offense. Since when did juices of any kind not have any calories? If you throw in 10 stalks of celery, there goes 10 calories. A pound of spinach? another 30. A bunch of carrots? another 40. so about it being nonsense...... There is no such thing as no calories, they might be so small that they are negligible, but the calories are still there. Please back up your "research or knowledge" before you tackle someone else's.

Yup, if you eat celery in its original form. (lol waffles) All that chewing and digesting. The thermic effect of food is usually 10 percent, but celery is so low calorie so you burn more. Same thing with drinking iced water. Its the process of making use of watever you just ingested that gives it the so called "negative" calories.

But in juices.....what just happened to all that chewing. All you're doing is consuming the nutrients from that celery plus liquid.

I'm pretty sure celery contains more calories than it takes to digest...

...but not motivated enough to actually confirm this belief, so I could be wrong.

Really doesn't matter to me because celery is as much a food as cardboard is.

It's basically just an edible spoon for peanut butter/cream cheese.

^^^Hey Hey. Edible spoons are good for the environment
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    its-a-trap.gif
  • srslybritt
    Options
    Holistic bananas?? It came straight from the unicorn's @ss, right??

Dairy DOES kill. 22 people die each year by being trampled on, or kicked by, a cow.

The term "holistic bananas" made me giggle too.

Sounds like the witch doctor hitting on someone, I'm just sayin'.

Also. This thread is an amazing troll thread. Well done, OP. Well done.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Based on this:

And then this:

What?

or so you think....

Take your utter nonsense elsewhere.

you obviously are going to continue to be an uneducated fool...who struggles with losing weight...just trying to help you out...but i guess you want your kids to grow up without a dad...

The next time my husband starts going off about something stupid, I'm going to drink a whole GALLON of milk.

NO! You'll d.. Okay. I can't finish that sentence with a straight face. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh. I see. I thought HE would, because then the children would grow up FATHERless. It's whichever parent consumes the dairy hunh?

Hmm. I actually create dairy as well. Would these two acts cancel each other out, so the negative dairy effect is only for fathers?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Isn't the point of juicing to get nutrients directly to the blood stream? I do have one green juice in the morning with my protein. It's mostly veggies, but I do add one apple. I think this comes down to common sense. Fruit equals sugar, obviously juicing fruits will increase someone's blood sugar.

The point of juicing is to avoid solid foods, which contain calories. Juice does not really contain calories, unless it is a color other than green.

This is the first time I ever heard this theory. All the material I've seen re: juicing is for the express purpose of absorbing the nutrients more efficiently into your system. Juice does not contain calories? ?????!????

Or am I not realizing you are being sarcastic?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    In---because I can't resist this thread! :smile:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Can you tweak out on milk?

michelle-pfeiffer-batman-returns-milk-drinking-catwoman-gif.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    MTEzNzk0Mw
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    its very healthy...just knock out the dairy...and use coconut milk or almond milk instead of milk/yogurt....my son also loves smoothies...now if i could only get him to drink a green smoothie!

What?

educate yourself...watch this video...you will see what science and medical research shows about dairy...dont keep following the sheep

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU32rzCbZ3aazY3E2HhUhzW_HbjCa5VAWe7RbnAgJ-qfNyWZMt1otorHAb

tumblr_inline_muzdo9QJ2Y1r8gxmj.gif
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Yup, if you eat celery in its original form. (lol waffles) All that chewing and digesting. The thermic effect of food is usually 10 percent, but celery is so low calorie so you burn more. Same thing with drinking iced water. Its the process of making use of watever you just ingested that gives it the so called "negative" calories.

But in juices.....what just happened to all that chewing. All you're doing is consuming the nutrients from that celery plus liquid.

...but not motivated enough to actually confirm this belief, so I could be wrong.

I use Oreos as my edible spoon for Peanut Butter.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I use Oreos as my edible spoon for Peanut Butter.

:love: Why aren't we friends yet?:love:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    its very healthy...just knock out the dairy...and use coconut milk or almond milk instead of milk/yogurt....my son also loves smoothies...now if i could only get him to drink a green smoothie!

What?

educate yourself...watch this video...you will see what science and medical research shows about dairy...dont keep following the sheep

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU32rzCbZ3aazY3E2HhUhzW_HbjCa5VAWe7RbnAgJ-qfNyWZMt1otorHAb

tumblr_inline_muzdo9QJ2Y1r8gxmj.gif

200.gif
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    haha really? this study is BS...the sugars that you get from blending or juicing are NOT the same and do not have the same effect on your body as processed sugar in cookies, sweets etc. ive been juicing and blending for 5 years...Ive lost 100 lbs, Im more fit and active than I have ever been and my blood tests are excellent....

I'm juxt wondering what company pays you to say this stuff.

Fruit doesn't have sugar?

bhahahahahahahaha
  • srslybritt
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-9989-1405355044-1.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    1382646511147.jpg