Does anyone here eat real food?

Options

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    No, I eat that plastic food that comes with tiny fake kitchens.

Plastic+play+food+toy+1.JPG
    Because we needed yet another in a long long long line of "I eat plastic" posts? :yawn:

Well to be fair, I don't care. :flowerforyou:
    Why I am I not surprised.

Because it's absurd to call food fake unless it's made of plastic? Is that why you're not surprised?
    Nope.

Well that was certainly a good explanation!
    It doesn't need one. It's just SSDD on myfitnesspal forums.

It really is!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for more ideas for my lunches and dinners, BUT I only eat things that could be prepared in an ordinary kitchen using items that our ancestors would readily recognise apart from minor diversions when I go out to eat! (Ben and Jerrys!):bigsmile:

Agree@Clean Eating groups and even Paleo/Vegan/Vegetarian Groups might be helpful.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Try this recipe: http://aiplifestyle.com/creamy-crockpot-lemon-chicken-kale-soup/
    I will admit, Lemon chicken kale soup did not sound appealing to me at first but this one is now a family classic!

All I eat is real food...but you have to be a friend to see my diary. I am dealing with extensive food allergies so most of my plates tend to be 40% meat, 40% veggies/fibre, and 20% starch. Perfectly steamed "naked" veggies take some getting used to but now I cannot eat them in sauces or covered in butter. One trick I use for getting whole food ideas is actually to google/search "gluten free vegan recipes"...then I just add or serve with meat.
    I just book marked that soup. Thanks!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I do

some example, to cook mushrooms, I use lemon juice instead of oil. I grill meat and chicken on a pancetta so I am not using fat

I use herbs intead of salt
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Well, my ancestors are from Germany so, yeah, I load up the bread and sauerkraut.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I do

some example, to cook mushrooms, I use lemon juice instead of oil. I grill meat and chicken on a pancetta so I am not using fat

I use herbs intead of salt

phil, so french. i hope you mean in a pan and not lardons. lol!
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Quirky_but_nice Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My new passion is brocolli slaw. It is in the produce section with the bagged already cut/sliced veggies. I made spaghetti for the kiddos this week and instead of using white pasta for mine I used the brocolli slaw. I opened the bag, added a little ollive oil, a little water to the bottom of the pan and sauteed it until it was slightly tender. Then used it just like noodles. Last night, i fixed it again only this time I used alfredo sauce and a rotisserie chicken I had gotten from the grocery store de-skinned and de-boned and had in my freezer. Made nice leftovers both times for mine and my hubbys lunch.
    Sorry, you lost me there. What is brocolli slaw?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I only eat cardboard painted to look like food.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    ah lardons.....the best creation of man :)

I do use lardons to cook even when on MFP. a lil fat cant kill you :)
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    *does a double take of the goldfish I'm munching on*

Guess not.

*continues munching*

ETA: I also don't cook with lard like my great-grandmother did.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Well, my ancestors are from Germany so, yeah, I load up the bread and sauerkraut.

Mmmmmmm, kraut...
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Options
    For a tabbouleh recipe, I'm not the best person to ask for recipes, because I tend to futz around with ingredients until I like the results. I usually start with something like the recipe below, but use more lemon juice and less olive oil to save some calories, and increase the chopped veggies and herbs. Combine the oil, lemon juice, and crushed garlic into a vinaigrette. Let the cracked wheat steep in hot water until soft. (You can use quinoa instead of bulgur for a change.) Dump it all together and let it sit for 30 minute or longer before digging in.

I read that tabbouleh is really supposed to be a parsley salad, so be generous with the parsley.

Original recipe makes 8 servings
    1 cup bulgur
    feta or goat cheese crumbles as desired
    That's the sort of salad I could eat happily :bigsmile:
  • graceyykim
    graceyykim Posts: 17
    Options
    We make nearly every food we put in our mouths from scratch! Except when we eat out at restaurants. Want to live longer? eat a real food not frozen, fried etc :) haha, eat those plants! I often eat stews and arrays of vegetables. Sometimes meat but it's occasionally. There are a lot of choices of stews or soups that are very good for your health, filling, and are pretty customizable to your taste...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'd try grubs and cattail roots.
  • geckospot
    geckospot Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Grate broccoli instead of or in addition to cabbage. Add all your other slaw ingredients. Yum!
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Options
    I'd try grubs and cattail roots.
    I eat grub all the time, hey ho, I'm British.
    What on earth are cattail roots? My cat has no roots on her tail.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Real food??

Nope cant help, I only eat plastic and metal products.

:huh:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Real food??

There's a novel answer. Not.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Real food??

There's a novel answer. Not.

So sue me.