Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Michael%252520Jackson%252520%252528Trillher-Pipoca%252529.gif
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I sent out a few friend requests and never got a reply. I even included a note about why I was making the request. I guess I've always thought I could never have enough "real" friends. It makes me wonder why my request was ignored. I think there might be two reasons....first, I'm a gay guy....second, I've had Weight Loss surgery. Maybe these are the reasons?

Maybe you are not sending to the right people. I have had surgery and have friends, and I do not think your lifestyle choices would make a difference, at least with me. So, I think you are just asking the wrong people.

^ this, send me a friend request and I'll accept you.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I would have no idea from your photo that you've had gastric bypass or that you are gay.

However, I probably wouldn't accept because I'm looking for women who have challenges similar to my own and are approaching them the same way.

I'm over 50, in that menopausal range, and I'm a vegan.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    We all float down here.

I freaking love you.
    I accept all friend requests but do tend to go through my list and delete people who are unactive long term. And if they post things that make me think we wouldn't be friends in real life. I guess I give everyone a chance first!

This is pretty much my process too. I'll add almost anyone, but I'll remove them later for one of three reasons;

a) if they post anything that seriously clashes with my views/sensibilities, i.e. homophobic or racist comments, superiority-based God-talk, general nasty remarks about people etc.,
    b) if they creep on me, especially when they already know I have a partner,
    c) if they are very inactive/barely logging on, or I feel their eating is willingly irresponsible.
  • FifiLaPhue
    FifiLaPhue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Actually, I only use this site to log my calories and exercise. I have only one friend and we are quite happy together..we barely speak, but I am still glad to see his weight loss successes. So don't be afraid to be lonely...less is more sometimes.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Aren't I friend enough? :)
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It might be that they simply don't want more friends; it's time consuming to really be supportive of a large group of friends. I don't accept new friends at this time unless they're a friend of a friend - and not always then.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    If there is a note and it's more than "hi." I normally accept. If the person and I have something in common or share the same humour, it tends to help.

"Hey, I got your lame joke and movie reference in the {insert topic} thread", etc.
    Or they continue said lame joke/quote same movie...

And no pro-ana, cleanse junkies, selling/obsessed with mlm products designed to make your wallet lose weight.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you want more friends than what you already have?

I know that doesn't really answer your question, but I am curious about your wanting more friends.

Quit frankly it doesn't matter to me if someone includes a message or not, I will accept either way.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Akk522Y.jpg
  • elizabethroyce10
    elizabethroyce10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    some people are not really on all that much. some are just rude. friend me I will be supportive.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    some people are not really on all that much. some are just rude. friend me I will be supportive.
    It's rude to decline a friend request? Seriously?

Do I have to also invite everyone I come across in real life to come to my house?
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! :smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Do I have to also invite everyone I come across in real life to come to my house?

Obviously. Just so you know, I'd like you to serve tacos when I come to your house.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Obviously. Just so you know, I'd like you to serve tacos when I come to your house.

Wink, wink.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

How YOU doin'?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Wink, wink.

I'd like to be invited to this party. Don't prepare anything special for me, I would just like to watch.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Personally I've accumulated a lot of friends in my time on the site, whom I consider "real" friends or "good" friends.

I'm presently doing a miserable job in supporting them on their fitness and life gurneys, and never have the time to be as involved in their successes and endeavors as I feel is appropriate. I also have fallen far short of reciprocating anything near the love and support they've shown me, of recent.

:heart:

Life happens, we know you're here when you can be.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

How YOU doin'?

*eyebrow waggle*

Heh. Did not think that through before posting. :blushing:
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    First, thank you everyone for responding to my Topic.
    I had no idea it would grow into this discussion. I'm still rather new to this area of the site.

I guess I was a little "sad" that someone "rejected me" and I have no idea why. I should develop thicker skin right?

And, some I guess think my profile is TMI, but I don't. I think it's honest and written sincerely.

I came here for the Diet and Exercise tools but I have also been fortunate enough to find some great new friends.
    I plan to stick around. Thanks for your posts. They brightened my day.
    I am honored to call many of you my friend.
    ...Even if I don't have you all over to my place for tacos.