Unanswered Friend Requests

Options
12346»

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    First, thank you everyone for responding to my Topic.
    I had no idea it would grow into this discussion. I'm still rather new to this area of the site.

I guess I was a little "sad" that someone "rejected me" and I have no idea why. I should develop thicker skin right?

And, some I guess think my profile is TMI, but I don't. I think it's honest and written sincerely.

I came here for the Diet and Exercise tools but I have also been fortunate enough to find some great new friends.
    I plan to stick around. Thanks for your posts. They brightened my day.
    I am honored to call many of you my friend.
    ...Even if I don't have you all over to my place for tacos.

for the record...

You seem like a truly awesome guy, and I'm glad you asked the question. I hope the responses weren't too harsh.
    I would never not friend you because your profile says you are gay.

I do believe that many would be honored to have you as their friend too, as you responded with grace and tact, and openness.
    :flowerforyou:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    First, thank you everyone for responding to my Topic.
    I had no idea it would grow into this discussion. I'm still rather new to this area of the site.

I guess I was a little "sad" that someone "rejected me" and I have no idea why. I should develop thicker skin right?

And, some I guess think my profile is TMI, but I don't. I think it's honest and written sincerely.

I came here for the Diet and Exercise tools but I have also been fortunate enough to find some great new friends.
    I plan to stick around. Thanks for your posts. They brightened my day.
    I am honored to call many of you my friend.
    ...Even if I don't have you all over to my place for tacos.

See, I am in for tacos. If you sent me a FR offering me tacos, I would totally accept.
  • Trizi
    Trizi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I first started on Facebook, I thought I'd never build a friend base. Over the years people read posts and commented and sometimes we'd friend each other. Now I think I've got a good circle with posts I look forward to reading.

I'm not all that active on myfitnesspal, so I have exactly 1 friend since I joined a few years ago and I don't recall where I got that. We never comment on each other.

I wouldn't take on a friend unless their posts were motivating to me.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    I get ladies deny me all the time. Their loss, but oh well. I don't accept guy requests much. I'm not gay, I honestly don't like men whatsoever. Why does it even matter? I have a bunch here who feel like family. I doubt it's personal.
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    I like to keep a close knit group of friends. Don't take it personally. We're all "strangers." Just keep requesting people you have an interest in adding with a message as you have been.
    This
    this is my reason. I have to have enjoyed interacting with you in some way in the forums probably. I would never not add someone because they are gay or because their journey to health was different than mine. Well strike that, not gonna add you if your journey involves just using a lot of meth
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I don't accept friend requests so I'm sure there are others that don't as well.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I have 6 unanswered ones currently... mostly because it's someone I'm not sure if I've interacted with them or not and don't just want to reject them right away (I sometimes accept blank friend requests if it's someone I recognise from the forums that I've interacted with) or if the message they write doesn't fit me, like they seem to have misunderstood me or just sent me a cut and paste friend request message, I don't always decide right away, or I may want to message them, then forget about them and then these unanswered ones build up and I never get around to making a decision. Because I'm lazy and indecisive.

if anyone is reading this who has an unanswered friend request from me, messaging me again will probably lead to me accepting your request because I'm cool with most people, I just don't like it when people select friends randomly without any thought (because they don't want to be friends with *me* they just want a big friends list), and for ones where I think people have misunderstood me or my goals, I don't want to accept a friend request on false pretenses, i.e. them thinking I'm into a particular thing when I'm not, because that could be awkward.

OP: I wouldn't reject a friend request based on the gender or sexuality of someone. I like diversity on my friends list. I honestly don't even know the sexuality of everyone on my friends list, it's not a big deal to me.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I found out the hard way if you swear at all in your FR it goes *poof* and the person never even gets it.... unfortunately, I curse like a sailor and am open and honest most of the time, so I've had to learn to be more creative since then

Ditto *LOL* I learned the hard way that an off color word can cause your request never go through. But as far as your surgery or sexual preference goes, I wouldn't point fingers at that being the cause for people to "decline." Maybe some, but most people really don't give a *kitten*. It's about that magical "connection."

Like Bynsky and I. We were brought together by Pickles and Boobs. It just happens.
    Just wondered how you guys finally found this out? Did the mods let you know?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I found out the hard way if you swear at all in your FR it goes *poof* and the person never even gets it.... unfortunately, I curse like a sailor and am open and honest most of the time, so I've had to learn to be more creative since then

Ditto *LOL* I learned the hard way that an off color word can cause your request never go through. But as far as your surgery or sexual preference goes, I wouldn't point fingers at that being the cause for people to "decline." Maybe some, but most people really don't give a *kitten*. It's about that magical "connection."

Like Bynsky and I. We were brought together by Pickles and Boobs. It just happens.
    Just wondered how you guys finally found this out? Did the mods let you know?

Does this mean that people who live in S****horpe can never connect with each other?

ETA: Scun.thorpe
  • airbuskaren
    airbuskaren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to MF and would like some motivating friends. Female from Florida looking to lose at least 50 lbs. Thanks for the add. Airbuskaren is the name.
  • SquishyPrincess
    Options
    I need friends! I'll accept anyone!