Kind of Upset

Options

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I would have read the original post but the lack of paragraphs just make me lose the will.

Good grief I thought I was the only one slitting my throat over the lack of paragraphs.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    This is not the place to sell things.

And that's all beachbody is about. Not helping people. Sales.

You like it? Great. They have a site you can feel free to enjoy.

That's not here. We don't have to like Beachbody just because you do. Stop being a child.

Also, your post really just sounds like a cleverly disguised sales pitch. Which is exactly why people bash Beachbody.

Actually this is the first Beachbody thing I have bought, but I won't necessarily buy any of their other stuff so this is not a sales pitch.

I'm not being a child, I just hate that I look up a program and seeing people looking for support but all the dang comments are cutting them down for making a choice that isn't someone else's. You are guilty of being a child if you think that I was trying to sell you on Beachbody, I wasn't asking people to like Beachbody or the products just to not feel the need to cut people down for choosing to use something sold by them.

I don't like their site and have been using MFP for years, why do I have to get cut down for choosing a beachbody product but still wanting to use MFP a site that I like?

OK, but if you've been using MFP for years then you know exactly what to expect from this place. If you found something that you enjoy, but seems like a fad to many around here, then you KNOW you're gonna get backlash for it.

MFP isn't going to change for you. Or me. It is what it is. But the thing is MFP might have a general consensus about a number of things, but there are always outliers. Why not start a group dedicated to whatever it is you're doing with Beachbody and talk to like minded people if that's what you're committed to?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love beachbody workouts, I hate their approach to nutrition... not enough protein, too little food. I saw what some people were eating on the 21 days fix and it was just way too little food, IMO. So that's my gripe with it... Too much money, not sustainable.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    because we dont advocate fads

we advocate sustainable living

but truthfully I think we all have tried fads

I IF and that is a fad, but it is free :)

I've tried way too many fads. Most embarrassingly (and recently), Sensa and raspberry ketones. That was over 2 years ago and I didn't lose an ounce. That's when I found MFP.

Sens....haha, isn't that the powder you put on your food? My friend was using that for a minute. Of course it didn't work. (rolls eyes.)

Duh, of course it doesn't work. It has no scent, but is supposed to "alert" your nose of tones in food to allow you to feel more satiated and eat less. Total bunk.

I tried it free for 30 days. It wasn't even worth the $6 to ship it back. If I could only tell 19-year-old me...
  • iTStaRTsN0W
    iTStaRTsN0W Posts: 106
    Options
    I continue to go back and forth with the BB diet things. My main problem is that shakeology tastes GROSS and is overly priced. I do not like the chalky taste at all, and no matter what I add to it or the flavors I try, I cannot drink it. Total waste of money to me.

BUT, I love turbofire and Chalean Johnson so I will continue to buy her BB programs. Turbofire is an amazing workout, and she has a new one called PiYo that I would like to try....but only because they are fun, at home dvd sets that I can do at my own time and my own pace. My daughter even enjoys them and she is 7 LOL.

I have thought about becoming a BB coach just because I'd love the discounts on the programs LOL, but the rest is just BS .. and you do get harrassed by the coaches, added into too many groups at one time, and told how delicious shakeology is ... NOT to me it isn't!

I work in a sales center, i know rebuttals and rapport and all of that are important to make your sales, so I do not get mad at them for trying to make a few bucks
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Actually after the 21 days you should be able to tell what a proper portion is without the containers and you should be trained to eating an all encompassing diet daily. I normally forget to eat fruits or enough protein and this program is helping remind me to do that.

It's not that people are mean per say, it's just that why are they trying to tear down someone who is doing what they feel is best for them?

It's not a fad diet, its real food just properly portioned and a daily workout that gets a person into the habit of eating healthy food correctly and exercising. What is making this a fad diet the food or the workouts?

Oh and is this better with the paragraphs?

Per se. It's latin. (Sorry about that, it's a thing I have, I might be a jerk; not sure yet). I like your dress by the way.

Anyway, I think it's because the consensus is the there are SOOO MANY people that come here with the same story about wanting to try this and that, but the common factor seems to be that none of them want to try the most obvious, easy and logical thing which is watch portions and exercise. If we all stopped justifying we would see that we DO know what to eat and how much to eat.

Even if we are eating pre-packaged things, almost everything has a label on it with a serving size. So, why keep searching for the magic elixir when the answer is in all of us?

Look, I've been coming here for a short while and started to exercise regularly again almost a year ago. However, I've only lost 10 lbs. It's because I'm not honest with my food posting, or if I am, I forget to post when I have something late at night and don't want to turn on my computer. It's truly about calories in vs calories out. I know what that means now.

I'm not, nor have I ever been interested in fad diets, pills or surgery. So if that's the case, I needed to get off my firm, round butt and get busy logging honestly and working out almost daily. Today is day two of logging honestly and being firm with myself. I believe in moderation but for now, I'm going to cut out some stuff until I get a good regimen going.

Yes it's easy but it is also hard at first. Just keep on keepign on. If you want to do beachbody, then do it. Who cares what MFP'ers think?
  • ValGogo
    Options
    because we dont advocate fads

we advocate sustainable living

but truthfully I think we all have tried fads

I IF and that is a fad, but it is free :)

I've tried way too many fads. Most embarrassingly (and recently), Sensa and raspberry ketones. That was over 2 years ago and I didn't lose an ounce. That's when I found MFP.

Sens....haha, isn't that the powder you put on your food? My friend was using that for a minute. Of course it didn't work. (rolls eyes.)

Duh, of course it doesn't work. It has no scent, but is supposed to "alert" your nose of tones in food to allow you to feel more satiated and eat less. Total bunk.

I tried it free for 30 days. It wasn't even worth the $6 to ship it back. If I could only tell 19-year-old me...

LMAO
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Actually after the 21 days you should be able to tell what a proper portion is without the containers and you should be trained to eating an all encompassing diet daily. I normally forget to eat fruits or enough protein and this program is helping remind me to do that.

It's not that people are mean per say, it's just that why are they trying to tear down someone who is doing what they feel is best for them?

It's not a fad diet, its real food just properly portioned and a daily workout that gets a person into the habit of eating healthy food correctly and exercising. What is making this a fad diet the food or the workouts?

Oh and is this better with the paragraphs?

The point is in 21 days you'll still be just as busy. At some point you will need to find the time to weigh, measure, prepare and cook your properly portioned food. If you don't have time for that now then in 21 days you'll go back to whatever you do now and undo the work you've done.

People are knocking the fad diet not you because many of us have been there. People may be being more blunt than you'd like but they're telling you it doesn't work, that in fact chances are you'll put on the weight you lost and in all probability more on top. This is because that's what happens to the majority.

Yes, you may succeed (and I'm sure everyone hopes that you do) but odds are you won't. I have yet to see a success story where someone has lost a lot of weight using any of these diets and kept it off for any significant length of time. I hear lots of 'friends of friends' or someone's aunt who's still using the products (so not eating as they will for the rest of their life unless they are super rich!).
  • emilyGPK
    emilyGPK Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Speak for yourself, dude. This is an open forum and some of us are just fine with the beach body program. People should be able to have threads about it if they want, and then those who are interested can take part in them. No need to start calling people names.

ETA: I don't use Beach Body but I know people who do and it can be used responsibly and helps some people. It makes as much sense as most of the other stuff people talk about doing around here.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    OP I am a mom with a full time PLUS job

PT student as well

run a house with a kid, dogs

Wow. Kudos, grrl!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    In for a Friday 'meanie pants" thread. Oh, and cuz I love it...... In for boobies, too...
    h1D3A44FC

AWWWW, such cute boobies.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I want to remind the OP that posts on these message boards aren't just about you.

Yes, that's a harsh way of phrasing things, but these posts are read by many members. They're indexed by Google and other search engines. And they're read by lurkers who will never post to these boards asking for advice, many of whom are lurking because they're under age. Topics aren't just about you. They're also about the hundreds of people who will read this thread, either now or two years from now.

You're an adult. You have to be in order to be posting to these boards. You can spend your money and diet however you like. If anyone is personally bashing you, then that should be reported. But try not to personalize disagreeing with the product as anger towards you.

A lot of people, myself included, think that these types of posts should represent both sides of the argument. We just see too many new posters who are confused about which system is best, which advice is right, which is the perfect way to diet, so they give up before they've ever begun. Presenting the idea that dieting can be fairly simple isn't about bashing you. It's about bashing the hundreds of people who come after you. If you're looking for an echo chamber that will only give you positive feedback, then this probably isn't the board for you.

Oh I understand what you are saying, but why do people feel the need to comment negatively on a post that reads " I am starting (insert program name here) and looking for others who are doing said program!"? That is doing the exact opposite of what this poster was looking for, they are not asking others to do the program just looking for any who just happen to be doing that program.
    I understand getting both sides of it when the post reads "Has anyone done this program? What do you think?" because the poster is obviously on the fence and not committed to it and is looking for opinions.
  • Archer9304
    Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well whatever floats your boat OP. I'm the kind of person that gives "Take it or leave it" advice. :smile:

I'm also very busy, but I log and plan my entire week's meals/calories on a Sunday and then just follow it. I also tend to cook and portion food ahead of time, then I can also just grab and go.

Viola! :wink:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    The point is in 21 days you'll still be just as busy. At some point you will need to find the time to weigh, measure, prepare and cook your properly portioned food. If you don't have time for that now then in 21 days you'll go back to whatever you do now and undo the work you've done.

This right here. I looked into this when one of my friends tried to push it on me when the 21 Day Fix first came out. From what I seen and what she told me there is a lot of planning involved. You need to figure out how many of each container you can have a day, figure out what can go into each container and then plan and portion it all out. If you are limited on time as it is I don't see how this program is going to help.
  • bcl003
    Options
    I like the workout programs beachbody has but that's about it. Beachbody gets a bad rep here because of the coaches who friend people and then try to push products on them. I've actually seen programs like Insanity, T25, & P90X recommended here. They are great programs if you can afford them. I own Rockin' Body, but you will never see me buying any of their supplements or shakeology.

There are several things that people get hung up on with the 21 Day Fix.
    First, its name. There are people who will buy it because they think it will make them lose weight in 21 days. I think though the name is supposed to imply the "21 days" it takes to create a new habit. With this program, I think the new habit is supposed to be healthy eating and exercise. I definitely don't buy into the before and after pictures they have on their site. In fact in tiny print at the bottom it says results achieved with continued use of the program. In other words, the before and after pictures aren't really 21 days apart.

Second, it does seem like over priced plastic tubs with a few workout dvds. I understand the tubs are to help you learn portions, but I'm sure other people see it as cheaper to buy plastic tubs from say walmart and portion food out that way.

Overall though, if you have the money, then go for it if you think it will work for you. I honestly don't really see anything wrong with the product itself. Some of the items may seem unnecessary to me and others, but if you think they will help you then go for it. I do think beachbody is very misleading with it's before and after pictures. Most of them on the site are after several rounds of a program, but they try to get you to believe that it is only 1 round (having a tiny disclaimer for those who notice).

I personally am going into this program from the nutrition stand point because I feel that the color coded containers is something that will work for me, but I do get what you are saying about the name and I completely agree that it sounds like something of a quick fix. I also agree with the fact that it could be done cheaper, I just would rather have it done for me :)
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think the point of 21 day or 30 programs is to get you going. I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I dropped 7 lbs and 11 inches. I didn't stop after that. I moved into kickboxing for about 10 weeks with basic cardio. Then I got the JM Kickboxing DVD and I did that for about a month or so... You need to learn to eat healthy and play around with workouts.

And.. people will just have their own opinion. Darn that 1st amendment!!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I want to remind the OP that posts on these message boards aren't just about you.

Yes, that's a harsh way of phrasing things, but these posts are read by many members. They're indexed by Google and other search engines. And they're read by lurkers who will never post to these boards asking for advice, many of whom are lurking because they're under age. Topics aren't just about you. They're also about the hundreds of people who will read this thread, either now or two years from now.

You're an adult. You have to be in order to be posting to these boards. You can spend your money and diet however you like. If anyone is personally bashing you, then that should be reported. But try not to personalize disagreeing with the product as anger towards you.

A lot of people, myself included, think that these types of posts should represent both sides of the argument. We just see too many new posters who are confused about which system is best, which advice is right, which is the perfect way to diet, so they give up before they've ever begun. Presenting the idea that dieting can be fairly simple isn't about bashing you. It's about bashing the hundreds of people who come after you. If you're looking for an echo chamber that will only give you positive feedback, then this probably isn't the board for you.

Oh I understand what you are saying, but why do people feel the need to comment negatively on a post that reads " I am starting (insert program name here) and looking for others who are doing said program!"? That is doing the exact opposite of what this poster was looking for, they are not asking others to do the program just looking for any who just happen to be doing that program.
    I understand getting both sides of it when the post reads "Has anyone done this program? What do you think?" because the poster is obviously on the fence and not committed to it and is looking for opinions.

Maybe because those posts are read by the same lurkers, indexed in the same Google searches, and cause the same amount of confusion amongst newbies? I'm just guessing though.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    If you want to try beach body.. Try it.. but pay attention to the diet part of it as well.

My husband has been doing the Beach Body slim in 6. He's 4 weeks into the program and has lost 14 lbs and 10 inches in those 4 weeks. The difference is he's fully aware that he's going to have to do something else. He's going back to the weights after that.

He's also aware that I'm in control of his diet. I start school again in about 5 weeks. So he's got that long to learn how to make the meals I've been making to keep up the diet portion since I won't be coming home after work to cook his meals.
  • bcl003
    Options
    That's a whole lot of money to learn portion sizing. I think a food scale would be a much faster and more effective way of learning that. And probably at a tenth of the cost.

See why people "bash" Beachbody? A bad idea is a bad idea. You can do it all you want. But we don't have to pretend it's the smart thing to do. It's a complete waste.

I have a food scale and hate it because you are always having to look up how much a proper portion should be when you are weighing it. That is why I like the containers idea, get the container fill it up dump on plate stupid easy quick portioning for me. I can use the containers from here on out, it doesn't have to stop at 21 days.

I guess I shouldn't have brought up the program I am doing, I just get more po'd when I see people commenting negatively on the posts that are clearly looking for people doing a certain program.