Kind of Upset

Options

Replies

• mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of the 21 day fix until this post. I do like P90X though. I agree that yes you can do everything they sell without their products but convenience is their selling point. Most people love convenience. It is seen every day in life. Sure I can use a computer to check email, a calculator to do math, a checkbook to pay bills, a TV to watch shows, etc but I love my iPhone because I can do all of those things and more on 1 device. The 21 day fix probably would not be a permanent way of life for anyone but looking at the description of their program it doesn't look like a terrible way to get started on a journey to being healthier. Their container systems seems to be the start of learning portion control/measuring and it includes a variety of workouts.

OP no matter what you do some people will think it's the wrong way to do it. If it works for you go for it.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm learning to cook, (while weighing or measuring out my food) I realize how detrimental not learning to cook in the past was. It forced me to rely on packaged foods and restaurants and to think that sugary junk food in a shiny containers was gourmet eating.

And even if I were going to give up chewing and live on shakes as many of these weight loss plans promote, I'd utilize one of the many DIY soylent recipes available for free online and I'd still mix it up myself in batches. Because at least then I'd know exactly what went into it, for a lot less money.

I don't buy into the whole shake thing, I got a free sample from someone and I thought they were horrible.

Just to point out:

If we went by your rules, you wouldn't be allowed to say this.

Don't like Beachbody? Keep it to yourself. Don't think Shakeology is worth the money? Shutup.

I'm going to continue giving good advice that is scam-free. Do whatever you want to do for yourself. But the more people I prevent from wasting their money on the scams Beachbody pushes the happier I am.

Also as has been said, you can join one of numerous Beachbody groups here if all you want is positive feedback. I'm guessing the reason you don't is because you too know those groups are just full of salespeople trying to pimp out their product.

No that is not what I am saying at all. My point is if someone is just looking for others doing the program they already are doing why do people feel the need to bash the fact that they are doing this program?

I honestly have no problem joining a Beachbody group, I was just searching the forum for 21 day fix and it seemed like every comment anyone made to these boards where people were doing challenge groups or looking for others doing this program were "I hate beachbody coaches", "Beachbody products are overpriced", "you could just use a food scale" etc

The point is people have already invested in the product and are just looking for others who have too, but they are over run by people bashing what they are doing.

Again, it's for the newbies, the lurkers, the late night Google searchers. It's not personal.

I honestly never thought about the people searching Google and finding these posts, but I don't think it is an excuse for people to be incredibly rude. You can comment with facts not just be an over opinionated jerk about it to the person who believes in it.

You might remember that I said a couple of pages back that any actual, personal bashing should be reported. But your post is tackling this subject on such general terms that it's hard to differentiate between your idea of bashing and your idea of disagreement. Honestly, I'm not even sure if your comment about being an over opinionated jerk was directed at me, others in this thread, or hypothetical jerks.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm learning to cook, (while weighing or measuring out my food) I realize how detrimental not learning to cook in the past was. It forced me to rely on packaged foods and restaurants and to think that sugary junk food in a shiny containers was gourmet eating.

And even if I were going to give up chewing and live on shakes as many of these weight loss plans promote, I'd utilize one of the many DIY soylent recipes available for free online and I'd still mix it up myself in batches. Because at least then I'd know exactly what went into it, for a lot less money.

I don't buy into the whole shake thing, I got a free sample from someone and I thought they were horrible.

Just to point out:

Don't like Beachbody? Keep it to yourself. Don't think Shakeology is worth the money? Shutup.

I'm going to continue giving good advice that is scam-free. Do whatever you want to do for yourself. But the more people I prevent from wasting their money on the scams Beachbody pushes the happier I am.

Also as has been said, you can join one of numerous Beachbody groups here if all you want is positive feedback. I'm guessing the reason you don't is because you too know those groups are just full of salespeople trying to pimp out their product.

No that is not what I am saying at all. My point is if someone is just looking for others doing the program they already are doing why do people feel the need to bash the fact that they are doing this program?

I honestly have no problem joining a Beachbody group, I was just searching the forum for 21 day fix and it seemed like every comment anyone made to these boards where people were doing challenge groups or looking for others doing this program were "I hate beachbody coaches", "Beachbody products are overpriced", "you could just use a food scale" etc

The point is people have already invested in the product and are just looking for others who have too, but they are over run by people bashing what they are doing.

Again, it's for the newbies, the lurkers, the late night Google searchers. It's not personal.

I honestly never thought about the people searching Google and finding these posts, but I don't think it is an excuse for people to be incredibly rude. You can comment with facts not just be an over opinionated jerk about it to the person who believes in it.

So you're upset about threads and responses that didn't involve you other than after reading said threads you went ahead and wasted your money?

Also I forgot rude and mean just means not agreeing with you. Got it now I think.

I do have a question on these containers ... so anything I can fit into the container I can eat? Let's take the carb container I can jam pack that full of pasta and I'm good?? Do you know how much peanut butter I can make fit into one of those containers...

Good luck
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

Just to point out:

So you're accusing someone of being rude by well being rude to them. Do you see a problem with that?
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Stop giving strangers power over you to make you feel bad about yourself.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Just to point out:

So you're upset about threads and responses that didn't involve you other than after reading said threads you went ahead and wasted your money?

Also I forgot rude and mean just means not agreeing with you. Got it now I think.

I do have a question on these containers ... so anything I can fit into the container I can eat? Let's take the carb container I can jam pack that full of pasta and I'm good?? Do you know how much peanut butter I can make fit into one of those containers...

Good luck

Yeah. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that caught that. :laugh:

Life must be hard if you are going to get offended by everything everyone writes on the internet that doesn't agree with you or isn't coated in sugar or dancing rainbow-farting unicorns.

OP, you got your reasons and you got a link to a group of like minded people that won't offend you and your "awesome" tupperware program. I think it's time to move on.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    because we dont advocate fads

we advocate sustainable living

but truthfully I think we all have tried fads

I IF and that is a fad, but it is free :)

IF is a fad?! Damn, I've been fad dieting most of my life. I even got fat on this fad. Whomp whomp
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Just to point out:

Good luck

Life must be hard if you are going to get offended by everything everyone writes on the internet that doesn't agree with you or isn't coated in sugar or dancing rainbow-farting unicorns.

OP, you got your reasons and you got a link to a group of like minded people that won't offend you and your "awesome" tupperware program. I think it's time to move on.

You had to say dancing rainbow-farting unicorns didn't you?!?!

rainbowhorsefarts.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Just to point out:

Good luck

You had to say dancing rainbow-farting unicorns didn't you?!?!

rainbowhorsefarts.gif

Robert-Downey-Jr-laughing.gif
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Just to point out:

You might remember that I said a couple of pages back that any actual, personal bashing should be reported. But your post is tackling this subject on such general terms that it's hard to differentiate between your idea of bashing and your idea of disagreement. Honestly, I'm not even sure if your comment about being an over opinionated jerk was directed at me, others in this thread, or hypothetical jerks.

No I wasn't talking about anyone on this post being a jerk, basically because I was open to all answers when I initiated the post, just when people are being horrible to someone who posted about whatever program they may be doing. Why does someone feel the need to post "I hate Beachbody (or whatever it has to do with)" when the post is asking for others doing the program they are and wanting to find like minded friends. That is useless to the op of that topic and is honestly unnecessary. I you don't like it just move on, don't post. They just cause so much unnecessary fluff to the post that it takes forever to find the relevant stuff, facts for and against included.

I have seen this done to several different programs and it gets old, I guess today it just pushed my button too much. Lol!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    OP just do what you want to do. Variety makes the world go round, everyone does not have to agree with you.

I like BB workouts (I've done T25, Insanity, and now I'm doing P90X3), I've never have and never will buy a supplement. They can keep every drink that they have ever made and thinking about making because I don't want them.

I do BB workouts bc it's simple. Here's the calendar, here's the dvds, do the workout. I'm sure there could be better programs out there, but I've never paid full price for a BB workout either, so... I justify what I have purchased (which is only T25 - b/c I have very nice friends who have given me everything else) by knowing I'll never pay for a gym membership. I have enough dvds to rotate things out and have a pretty good routine.

Someone can say "T25 sucks" not gonna bother me b/c my experience is not their experience. I personally do not like Jillian Michaels, but that doesn't mean there aren't people on here who love her.

Someone mentioned they liked Charlene Johnson - I sold the one I had on eBay b/c I didn't like it.

This is just a long winded way to say "do you, because we're all going to do us"

I don't mean to be mean or sarcastic, but it is what it is.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have seen this done to several different programs and it gets old, I guess today it just pushed my button too much. Lol!

Time to stop posting

00-keyboardcatp11.gif
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    *nevermind
  • bcl003
    Options

Just to point out:

Good luck

Actually ordered it before all this and before searching the forums, so no.

I never said you can't oppose me, I just don't get people making unnecessary comments that lend nothing to the topic at hand.

You get a teaspoon of peanut butter at a time fyi.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Just to point out:

Good luck

I never said you can't oppose me, I just don't get people making unnecessary comments that lend nothing to the topic at hand.

a tsp? What are you going to do with a teaspoon of peanut butter? It takes at least 2tsp if not 3tsp (or 1 tbsp) to cover one slice (depends if I'm doing toast or a PB&J sandwich).

Talk about restrictive.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Actually after the 21 days you should be able to tell what a proper portion is without the containers and you should be trained to eating an all encompassing diet daily. I normally forget to eat fruits or enough protein and this program is helping remind me to do that.

It's not that people are mean per say, it's just that why are they trying to tear down someone who is doing what they feel is best for them?

It's not a fad diet, its real food just properly portioned and a daily workout that gets a person into the habit of eating healthy food correctly and exercising. What is making this a fad diet the food or the workouts?

Oh and is this better with the paragraphs?

Wait, wait don't tell me... you're thinking of becoming a Beachbody Coach?!
  • bcl003
    Options

They just cause so much unnecessary fluff to the post that it takes forever to find the relevant stuff, facts for and against included.

Like we've said a few times now. If all you want are positive reviews of Beachbody, join one of the many Beachbody groups.

The rest of the members of this site are free to have whatever opinion they want of Beachbody, and do not require your approval to post.

Of course, most people involved with Beachbody would love it if no one were allowed to say they don't like Beachbody. It would make things much easier for them to sell stuff on this site. I see you're no different.

This is why I said you should grow up. Not everyone has to like the same things you like.

And I said it is pointless and not helping anyone if there is so much crap like that posted that it makes it hard to find the relevant information.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Just to point out:

Good luck

Alright so saving you money wouldn't of worked.

Those comments may seem unnecessary to you, but when I'm considering a purchase I do research first and I would love to hear that people said hey you don't need to spend that money and the rest.

Just because you don't find it useful many people do, now to get upset about comments that were not even involving you is childish.

For your example, we'll take my favorite restaurant I can do a google search for reviews, there will be good and bad... should I get upset because someone said my restaurant wasn't good... and then even worse let me come on and complain that someone I don't know talked bad about somewhere I like. Yea that makes a lot of sense.

Now for the peanut butter cause that's really the only part of this I'm interested in... I can just dip my teaspoon in and eat my peanut butter ... woohooo that would mean I was eating about a serving and a half cause I pile it on there
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    As someone who likes BB workouts, here's the problem with BB: THE COACHES!

They aren't certified in anything. If I need motivation, I'll join a forum (like MFP) where people aren't trying to sale to me 24/7 or get me to become a coach so I can sale to people 24/7.

I get accosted by coaches everyday on my Instagram and a lot on here. I get why people are annoyed b/c it's frustrating and unnecessary.

Just do what you like and you'll be just fine. Good luck. I hope you can sustain this after the 21 days.