• beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bumping

This way I can use My Topics ( a place where I've stashed away a couple of your posts ) when I need to be reminded or need encouragement.
    Thanks Banks
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    :heart: this post
    This Bumps for you:bigsmile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna bump myself, because I have the willpower to resist letting this slide. :tongue:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    BUMP :wink:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    "YOU CAN'T CHANGE WHAT YOU DON'T ACKNOWLEDGE"
    don't kill me if you know who says it, but it's so very true.!
  • banks1850
    Options
    I kinda like that.

Even if it was Dr. Phil who said it! :tongue:
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You are so right! It is so tempting to pour a glass of wine while I'm cooking dinner or sneak bites of my rockin' mac n cheese that my kids love so much. But I know that the feeling that I'll have the next day when the scale moves down or my jeans fit just right is soooooooo much better than the immediate pleasure of the wine or food.
    I think people are sooo geared towards immediacy in the world today with all of technology, etc that we've forgotten how good it feels to actually work for something. That the accomplishment is soo great!! People have the Scarlet O'hara mentality...fiddle dee dee, i'll worry about that tomorrow.

Great Post!
  • banks1850
    Options
    bump
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! we're bumpin this thread again..

EL BUMP-O!
  • banks1850
    Options
    well if everyone is doin it...

BUMP!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Will power...where can I get some? Is it on sale somewhere? :laugh:

But seriously, denying ourselves something we "want" but not "need" won't kill us! I was watching a TV show about people drowning in debt, but the wife was unwilling to shut off the $150/mo. cable and the husband was unwilling to go without a daily newspaper! Will power and personal responsibility has many levels...

Good luck to all of us! It takes time, so don't beat yourself up. On days that I slip, I think, "What could I have done differently?" Usually planning ahead helps.

Thank you to Banks!
  • banks1850
    Options
    I wanted to bump this cuz it's been out for a while and I think it's good to remind people every once in a while. I closely relate this topic to the idea of "give someone a fish and they eat for a day, teach them to fish and they eat for life.".
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I just found the post. Awesome Banks, you are one of kind, we are lucky to have you around! Thank you I really needed that!
    sign0200.gif
    Rhonda
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!!
  • banks1850
    Options
    I just found the post. Awesome Banks, you are one of kind, we are lucky to have you around! Thank you I really needed that!
    sign0200.gif
    Rhonda

Why, thank you! :blushing:

Always nice to hear something positive! Best luck to you.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Well said!!! :flowerforyou: I do let myself have a treat now and then but it's all about will power to keep it at the "now and then" and keep going and not give up. Even if you're not losing like you want to. Or even if you have fallen off for a day or aweek or even longer you can't let that discourage you. Get back on it and do it again. Make a committment to change you ways. It takes time to change a lifestyle that you've gotten so used to. But stay focused, get some will power, and after a while it just becomes 2nd nature to live healthier and it feels so much better. . :wink: Where there's a will, there's a way. :smile:
  • banks1850
    Options
    bumping, because I saw some posts recently that this may help with.