Replies

• JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yeah!
  • getsexymarylou
    getsexymarylou Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WOW!! WILL POWER!! I am going to think of that when I want to quit running on that treadmill!! Or at Lunch, if i see that last cookie calling me!! I'm gonna say NO!!!!!

Thanks Banks :drinker:

I'm gonna think Will Power, WILL POWER, WILL POWER!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I actually showed some today. My hubby had me go by Bojangles to get him breakfast and bring it to work and I didnt even get a single thing for me and I love their biscuits. They are so good and then I made a Digiorno pepperoni pizza for dinner tonight and I ate a piece of fish and a smart ones meal from weight watchers. The pizza smelled good also. SO I think I showed some will power today.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    AMEN Banks! Look at you and your internal locus of control. Thinking that way makes this lifestyle MUCH easier in the long run...initially, it's easy to blame outside influence for our choices, but in the end having the willpower to make the healthier choices produces better, long-term results.
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Just what I needed. Especially since my jeans feel too tight.
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    tomato tomaaaaato. :tongue: Good post.

What you call commitment, I call willpower, others may call strength of conviction. But what it boils down to is pretty much the same thing I think, and that is this, the desire, and courage to make the decision that this is how our life must be, and to follow through with that decision to the end.

I love this topic so much!
    Decided to bump it in a "creative" way:

"Commitment includes not only a willingness to act, but also a belief in your ability to change, which in turn reinforces your will....Part of the commitment process is better known as willpower; believing in your will and acting upon that belief is a powerful experince"

Changing for Good , James O Proshaska, et al
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Shamelessly plugging my own post, cuz I can, and cuz I LOVE this post more then any other post I have written, and people haven't seen it in a while.

Oh, and it's 50 pounds now, not 40! :tongue:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Shamelessly plugging my own post, cuz I can, and cuz I LOVE this post more then any other post I have written, and people haven't seen it in a while.

I hadn't seen this post before so thanks for bumping. A lot of the time when people are asking for tips I find myself thinking: Just don't do what you know you're not supposed to.

Then I feel really mean. Argh. I know for me no tips or tricks will do. I simply tell myself no when I crave a chocolate bar, and tell myself no when I want some pop. I tell myself no when I want to lay in bed instead of go to the gym. I tell myself yes when I suddenly get the urge to go skiing instead of stay at home and watch a movie.

It's NOT easy because there are no easy ways around all of this.

AND WOAH, i can go on and on forever.

Bottom line; Willpower is a lost art.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Wow, I'm behind. I didn't know you were back. Welcome back! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Bumpy Bumperson. :drinker:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I have this hanging up in my cubicle.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

:love:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    yet another SHAMELESS BUUMMMPPP!!!:tongue:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Bumpedy Bump Bump..
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :drinker: good one Banks, first time I came across it!
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Great post:drinker: Something to think about. I just came across this one myself. I guess I needed to read it. Thanks:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

:love:

You should have used some will power to keep from da bump!!

really well stated banks! Someone asked me the other day what I thought the difference was between the 1st of June and today. I said Today I am doing it. Period.

Each day I make a choice to take care of my body.

When I die, it wont be MY fault!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Great post:drinker: Something to think about. I just came across this one myself. I guess I needed to read it. Thanks:bigsmile: :drinker:
    I believe things happen for a reason Edie:drinker: ...it was time for you and I to come across this!!:flowerforyou: :tongue:

FC:heart:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    bump :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :sick: