Good morning bumper!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Hi pretty lady! :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    Options
    Bump, I'm proud of this post. Re-read it every couple of weeks.
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this it's so powerful.
  • banks1850
    Options
    Bump, looks like there are a few recent MFP'ers that would benefit from this.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    bump bump...this is one of Americas biggest setbacks!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Gonna bump it some more!! Good stuff Banks :heart:
  • banks1850
    Options
    bump
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Needs to be bumped again!
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Banks I just want you to know that I really belive you deserve to wear The Suit! You really are a lifesaver and an inspiration. Thanks!
  • banks1850
    Options
    Banks I just want you to know that I really belive you deserve to wear The Suit! You really are a lifesaver and an inspiration. Thanks!

WoW, thanks! and you're welcome. :blushing:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Will power is a difficult thing to quantify. My definition of it is the ability to start
    or continue things that we find less then pleasing, AND the ability to self-analyze in a
    non-biased way. Self-critisizm without self-loathing is difficult, but necessary to
    improve one's overall health.

So how do we who have suceeded do it? You ask (and I see that question on here almost daily).

I hope people take this how I meant it to be seen. What I am trying to do is provide a good starting point for people that don't know where to begin, or feel like they have been trying and failing.

I put all of the onus on Me when I work out and eat. it!

Best of luck to all of you.
    -Banks

Mucho thanxo bro! I quoted theparts that spoke to me best, and will give ya an "Amen!" to boot. :bigsmile: Sumpn that I have come to realize is that I wasn't using all the tools in my toolbox. But MFP is such a great palce for discovering the tools that you never knew you needed! On a personal note, sumpn that helps me with "willpower" is that I keep my Food Diary up on my 'puter screen, all day long! that way, I can *gasp* PLAN on activities, and also eating... my gawd, what a concept *giggle*. But in my very first 2 weeks here, I have lost 3 lbs, and feel incredibly better than before. I know it's still one day, one meal, one exercise at a time, but NOW I can look forward to having it make sense, and thus make better decisions. Plus, if do go a wee bit over on one day, I no longer beat myself up, and simply carry on from there. yo, thanx bro!
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Glad this was bumped - I just found it and enjoyed the comments.
    I've got some good motivation to stay focused, but I'm convinced that even when I make my goal, I'll keep the lifestyle up because I'm committed to staying healthy.
    Thanks!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna bump myself, because I have the willpower to resist letting this slide. :tongue:

Ha ha!

My new motto when the BAD part of my brain :devil: wants to be lazy or eat crapola is "Be like the Nike commercial, and JUST DO IT." Meaning, do the GOOD stuff. For some reason, that motto really pushes me!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Glad this was bumped - I just found it and enjoyed the comments.
    I've got some good motivation to stay focused, but I'm convinced that even when I make my goal, I'll keep the lifestyle up because I'm committed to staying healthy.
    Thanks!

Ya know what? I was telling Ezzie that I think that by the time we both get to where we want, this will become second nature to us, and we'll never really quit!
  • banks1850
    Options
    Bumping for the new ppl!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hi pretty lady! :flowerforyou:

I'm going to aSHOOOME that this was for me, since you were right under me. So good morning handsome hero!!!

If not...:tongue:

:laugh:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That was great Banks. I think I may have needed that little boost
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    This was EXACTLY what I needed to hear today! Very well said. :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Doing the bumpdy dance...