Food No Longer On Shelves, That You Miss ?

Options
Chicken Tonight, Doritos 3D, HiC Ecto Cooler, Jello Pudding Pops, Wonder Balls

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    WONDER BALLS. Choking hazards waiting to happen. Delicious, though.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I'd be in trouble if Doritos still made the spicy chips they made 25 years ago. Fortunately their recent attempts taste like burnt chemicals and salt.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, there were these silver sweets called cola balls, which were a bit like aniseed balls, only silver and cola flavoured rather than aniseed flavoured.

They were taken off the market because the silver colour in them came from aluminium. (Yep in true 80s kid style, ate sweets full of toxic metals).

Anyway, yes I missed them a lot. And they never did me any harm....

131071677.CjHVXj54.jpg
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I'm missing Popeye's Chicken biscuits. I've moved and the closest Popeye's is half an hour away :(

Most of the things I miss are more because they're not as readily available where I am now, opposed to actual availability.

Though I did find I was thinking about that clear Pepsi Max recently... anyone remember that?
  • Meerataila
    Options
    When I was a kid, there were these silver sweets called cola balls, which were a bit like aniseed balls, only silver and cola flavoured rather than aniseed flavoured.

They were taken off the market because the silver colour in them came from aluminium. (Yep in true 80s kid style, ate sweets full of toxic metals).

131071677.CjHVXj54.jpg

:laugh:

We didn't wear seatbelts, either. It toughened us up. We were the last generation of personal responsibility, win or die, heavy metal filled survivors! RAWR!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

131071677.CjHVXj54.jpg

We didn't wear seatbelts, either. It toughened us up.

Except the kids who died in car crashes :p

I didn't grow in the US so I can't really help, but I miss pretty much all the French food we can't find here :(
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Sweet Sixteen powdered donuts :( There are others out there, but they are just sad, sad imitations.
  • antiquelover121
    antiquelover121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also miss Jello Pudding Pops.
  • Meerataila
    Options

131071677.CjHVXj54.jpg

We didn't wear seatbelts, either. It toughened us up.

Except the kids who died in car crashes :p

I didn't grow in the US so I can't really help, but I miss pretty much all the French food we can't find here :(

Indeed. I was poking mild fun at a certain segment of American punditry. And we were very fortunate never to end up on the wrong side of those statistics. I also once got a really cool crackerjack toy that bobbed up and down with temperature changes. I'm almost positive there was mercury in it, and it wasn't long before it got broken open and spilled everywhere, of course.

The first time I tasted a real eclair made by someone with at least passing knowledge of French cooking, I was ready to move to France!

Probably would be a bad move on my part if I want to keep the weight off.
  • onelov3
    onelov3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip fiberplus eggo waffles and steam and mash sweet potatoes

I keep looking and hoping they'll reappear to me, lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    SPAM...my wife won't let me keep that stuff in the house. I take it camping though.
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I kinda miss McDonalds pizza. It's not like it was that great - it wasn't. But it had a unique taste.
  • GuineaPiglet
    GuineaPiglet Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Clearly Canadian carbonated drink!
  • 115LasVegas
    Options
    When I was a kid there was a cereal called Team Flakes. They rocked it. If anyone knows of anything that comes close PLEASE tell me!
  • justlynzo
    justlynzo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been looking all over the place recently for chunky applesauce. Can't find it anywhere...

Also, Cookies n' Cream Twix and Cool Ranch Fritos. Both super unhealthy but oh so delicious!
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I can't find Skinny Corn Chips in the grocery stores around here anymore. It makes me sad :(
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Waffle Crisp
  • CoffeeBugg
    CoffeeBugg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A local company 'Superior Bakery' used to make Broccoli Pies that could be bought at most convenience stores. Now they only make Spinach pies that I hate. :ohwell:
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    BK Chicken Fries, S'mores candy bars.
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oreoos.jpg