Food No Longer On Shelves, That You Miss ?

Options

Replies

• stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Clearly Canadian carbonated drink!

YES!! The black cherry.
  • ThreePartBreath
    Options
    When I was a kid, there were these silver sweets called cola balls, which were a bit like aniseed balls, only silver and cola flavoured rather than aniseed flavoured.

They were taken off the market because the silver colour in them came from aluminium. (Yep in true 80s kid style, ate sweets full of toxic metals).

Anyway, yes I missed them a lot. And they never did me any harm....

131071677.CjHVXj54.jpg

There's a candy store in a mall here that still sells these, and I'm almost certain I've met people who've bought them else where.
    I'm sure they're not made the same, but they're small, silver cola flavoured balls.

ETA: Whoops, I should have read all the replies.
    I'm from Canada too.
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Not exactly "on shelves" but the Santa Fe gorditas from Taco Bell.

Again not on "shelves" but about 20 years ago Taco Bell had the Monterey Jack Chicken Soft Taco ... it was sublime!! Why do they take all the good stuff away and keep bringing stuff back like McRibs??? blech!
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    BK Chicken fries, sour altoids (raspberry), Pepsi Blue, French Toast Crunch cereal, Flaming Hot DORITOS (not Cheetos!), Mt. Dew Pitch Black.

Edit: Totes forgot Arctic Green Apple Kool-Aid.
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bread and sugar in a bowl of milk; but I guess that's how I got here.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm very surprised that Dunkaroos are still a thing. I never see them in stores.
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Oreoos.jpg
    ^ yep
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    cookies n' cream Twix

New York Seltzer, especially the black cherry flavor

mint Kit Kats and orange Kit Kats. Found them for a few months about 10 yrs ago in a party/card store and never again...sad

Aldi store brand chipotle ranch dressing...at least they haven't had it in my local Aldi in a year. I also have a hard time finding their sweet potato fries and salmon burgers lately, ugh. No idea though if any of those Aldi items are discontinued, though. They're probably just not items they stock all of the time in all stores :-/
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew Pitch Black. It's not particularly amazing stuff, but I had it the first time over a three-day halloween party in high school, and I associated really, really fond memories with it. When it came back a few years later, the taste took me right back.

The closest I can get is the dark blue Mountain Dew, but it's not close enough to be worth the sugar hit. I just miss the stuff :>
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    French Toast Crunch... come back to my lifeeee :brokenheart:
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid they had microwavable carmel popcorn. It came with this slab of caramel to put on the hot popcorn and let ot melt all over it. It's probably good they don't make it anymore, cause that caramel never made it to the popcorn without at least one bight out of it!

This still exists. Orville Redenbacher caramel microwave popcorn
  • aal254
    aal254 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lime skittles
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Vitasoy Soy Milk and Nasoya Creamy Dill salad dressing. Vegan products are constantly getting discontinued. When I like a product, it is the kiss of death.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    The chocolate Easter eggs with the mini M&M's inside of them.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, there were these nougat sticks rolled in granola and mini chocolate chips. Similar to a Payday, but smaller and the nougat was vanilla flavored and it tasted like a chewy frosting. I wish I could remember the name of them! My mother used to put these things in my lunchbox back in the early 80's. No one I know remembers them. I swear they aren't a figment of my imagination!

I remember these! They had chocolate nougat, too. I used to sneak into the cabinets at night or when Mom was busy and get into them as often as I could manage it. They were like chewy crack!

Might have been these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfGKtTW1HCU

Edit and maybe it was caramel, not chocolate that was the other flavor.
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The Marathon Bar (it was a chocolate covered caramel candy bar that looked braided or like chain links). Those were the best, miss them. Orange flavored Live Wire Mountain Dew. If it is still made, I haven't seen it in my part of the country in years. :(
    Carnation Chocolate Chip breakfast bars (not the kind they have now- completely different ones from when I was a child). Man, now I want these things.

My boyfriend just had the Orange Live Wire Mtn Dew YESTERDAY!! Come to Michigan. :)
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I really miss Doritos 3D chips... It was the only thing (along with sweet tarts) that I would eat when I was anorexic. Go figure.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Everything but seriously hostess raspberry filled powdered donuts. Omg
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    crispy m&m's.. so much yes
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Planters Peanut Butter Crisps...it was like peanut shaped wafer with a creamy peanut buttery center. So good! Oh and do they still make the Rice Krsipy Treats cereal?! I haven't seen it in ages...but that stuff is bomb!