Food No Longer On Shelves, That You Miss ?

Replies

• asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Keebler Baked Munch 'Ems in sour cream & onion

Oh, I forgot Munch 'Ems even existed. I used to love those. Probably too much, lol.
  • H4rpy
    H4rpy Posts: 23 Member
    Lime skittles

OMG, this. They need to bring back lime and send those green apple abominations back to the hell pit from which they spewed. The packaging is false! "Original," my butt. :angry:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    I also miss Jello Pudding Pops. And Cookie Crisp Vanilla Wafer flavor.

I really miss the way things USED to taste...they did something to Ring Dings, Oatmeal Creme Pies, Twinkies, orange cream cupcakes...they don't taste the same as they used to - they taste really "fake." Or maybe it's me...but I no longer even want to eat them.

I was talking with a delivery driver who was delivering TastyKakes to the convenience store where I was working. He said that the company who bought the Drakes brand kept the recipes exactly as they were and even bought the equipment and manufacturers them the same way, etc... BUT he said that the company that bought the HOSTESS brand after they went out of business, changed the recipes so that they would have a longer shelf life. It's a huge myth that twinkies and other snack cakes will last for ever. They actually have a fairly short shelf life so the new company that bought them, changed the formula to increase shelf life by a couple of weeks.
  • mollyea97
    mollyea97 Posts: 8 Member
    Smiley face fries ???? haven't seen them for a few years :(
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Hostess cupcakes used to be softer and the frosting was creamier. Since Hostess shut down and then re-started they have been hard, stale, slimy, and gross. I guess it saves me 400 calories, but dang :(
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Starbucks Pumpkin Scones

98y1p0.jpg

Suck It La Boulange
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Crystal-pepsi.jpg

This was only available for 2 years back in the '90s here in Canada, but my mom & I LOVED it. I was so sad to see it go. Then again, it's not like I can drink it anymore since I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in 2008.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Smiley face fries ???? haven't seen them for a few years :(

We still have them here. My kids adore them!!!
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Oreo O's and Krispy TREAT cereal...amazing.

Anyone remember the Burger King Shaq sandwich? It had bacon and sourdough bread. It also came with liquid cheese to dip your fries in. Horrifyingly delicious.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Pizza Hut's priazzos and Heyday cookies are two I haven't see listed yet. I loved them both.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Buc Wheats cereal - A very tasty corn flake type cereal with a maple coating.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Thomas bagels came out with this new maple French toast bagel. It was awesome, only to be yanked off the shelves within a week! How messed up is that? If I had known I would have bought all the bags on the shelf.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Coke Black (Coke w/ espresso....sooo good)
    Crystal Pepsi (I think I was the only person who actually liked it!)
    Jello pudding pops
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Burger King used to have a ham and cheese sandwich when I was a child.....sure wish they still had that on the menu (or maybe not :laugh: )
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Was I the only one that liked the Arch Deluxe at McDonald's? :embarassed:

ETA: Oh, and I forgot to mention - Vanilla Heat coffee creamer from International Delight. Only around during the holidays. I would KILL for a bottle right now. I mean, literally. I was searching every supermarket in town and going through shelves and racks looking for the last bottle. Not sure it's coming back this year, though I HOPE so!!!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Thomas bagels came out with this new maple French toast bagel. It was awesome, only to be yanked off the shelves within a week! How messed up is that? If I had known I would have bought all the bags on the shelf.

Was it a limited edition thing? I hate limited edition stuff. Pepperidge Farm had that French toast swirl bread a couple months ago that was amazing for, well, French toast, and I was only able to go through one bag before they stopped it.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    New York Seltzer. They had a Raspberry flavor one - so good.
    And Doritos had a Monterey Jack flavor chip - oh, man...want some of those now!

And Strongbow Cider!!!!!! The original, not the new Golden Apple or Honey whatever that is being shilled to us now! We want out original yummy, crisp cider!!
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    crispy m&m's.. so much yes

THISSS
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Oreo O's and Krispy TREAT cereal...amazing.

Anyone remember the Burger King Shaq sandwich? It had bacon and sourdough bread. It also came with liquid cheese to dip your fries in. Horrifyingly delicious.

Rice Krispie Treat Cereal is still available! I've seen it at Walmart and a couple other grocers in the Twin Cities!
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Pepsi Clear ... maybe just because I was a teenager and thought it was great.

Rocky Road candy bars. Basically a giant marshmallow covered in chocolate. There were a couple of varieties, one was a mint flavored marshmallow, another had cashews mixed in (that was the best!). Oh, how I miss those!

Rocky Road bars are still available! Just saw the cashew variety this weekend! Was tempted to buy, but passed. LOL! You might be able to order online - I saw it in more of a specialty gift shop