• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Not the same thing.

you people would say that...
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have 2. One on my left shoulder and one on my right arm. They're both family related, crest/motto, made sure to double check that I wasn't adopted before I got them, lol. All the males in my family got the same ones.

Tattoos can look great on women!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Not the same thing.
    you people would say that...
    I will inform my people of this exchange. Avoid dark alleys and hooded figures, Mr. John.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options

If you are inked from head to toe, I don't anticipate that we are really going to be compatible as we clearly approach life from different places.

This... is sad to me. I know that was judge people everyday based on looks, but truly, there are wonderful, kind people who are inked from head to toe. Just because someone approaches life differently than you doesn't mean that you won't get along. Anticipating that you won't is really no different than not associating someone based on their religion, their facial hair, their car, or what they watch on TV.

My fiance has 19, they are on the back of his neck, and right under his adams apple down to almost his rib cage, then down his arms. Both arms will be full sleves when finished but he still have empty space, so not there yet. He still has 4 others that I know of he wants. He's got tatts on the back of both hands and on his knuckels one one hand (he counts his knuckels as one). He also is periced up. He works a nice job, 16$ a hour, 60 hours a week with another raise coming soon. When my family first seen him they weren't to sure about him. But after meeting him he gets complements all the time on how well spoken and how polite he is. My 80 year old adoptive grandfather just loved him to death. I'm a stay at home mom because he wants our child to have a parent at home and believes its the mans place to provide (if I wanna work, I do. I just lost a 5yr job not long after our daughter was born. That's when he said just stay home). He has more manners and values then some people who aren't tattooed. The ink on the skin has nothing to do with a persons character. You can have no ink and still be a total jerk.

from all of that I got $15 per hour?... how can wages be so low in the US

I'm seriously more concerned about they survive on 16$/hr with her staying at home. Kudos.. I couldn't do it!!! (I was making that with only one mouth and board to pay for my horse and I was struggling)

Well apprently we know how to budget. We have a house in a really nice area, we are currently buying. All our bills are paid and we have food on the table with no goverment assistance. We have extra money to spend most weeks as well. Its call budgeting. Spend on what you need, pay your bills first, and sometimes go without spending money on things we WANT if its not in the budget. Keep lights off when you don't need them, only use gass when you have to. Don't run the taps when your brushing your teeth all ways to save a few $. None of our utlities are more the 60 a month.

Plus as I said he works 20 hours over time. Which is something like 24$ a hour. So yeah we are doing just fine thanks!

I wasn't passing judgement- I just live in NJ- and I was barely making ends meet on 15.25 an hour. I'm deeply impressed you're capable of budgeting a family and a home with that- there is absolutely no way in this state that I could do that. (Not realistically I don't think) But I'm terribly at budgeting anyway- I pay my bills- when I remember- and I like shiny things and make up- and I'm an impulse buyer and a retail therapy person- so coupled with in NJ what is tantamount to low income- and my ridiculous spending- there is no way I could support a family on that pay check. So not a judgement.
    I love you. You put into words what my shocked brain could not. flowerforyou

:smile: no worries, glad I could put words down that said what needed saying!!! I talk to much but I feel strongly about art and just putting out what needs to be there because it's what your soul says. Art is art. You shouldn't ever have to apologize or justify because it is what it is.

Sorry, guess I did jump you a bit. Lol. A bit crabby today. We live in ohio so things are a big easier here. I know some places are impossible to work and live on anything less then a 25$ hr job. Sometimes I get a bit touchy about things sorry!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    there are so many mistakes to be made in life... why commit to one that may never change and forever brand you as a bonehead
    why does having a tattoo make you a bonehead? I mean if you got a stupid tattoo- it represents a part of your life. People like to forget all the *kitten* they did when they were younger- sweep it under a rug- people get silly tattoos when they are young bucks- they can look down at the potential blob and remember their past- and how far they have come. It doesn't always have to be a "look at how stupid I was"

and to which I would say- yep- and look how far I have come. Look at what I've made of my life- and I will keep this part of my childishness with me for always. You can't just sweep it under a rug. And there is nothing wrong with that. I think more people should- then they wouldn't forget where they came from and the mistakes they may have made- the good times they had at someone's beach party or spring break. Everything you do now is a part of you in 15- 25 -30 years- you cannot change that- why pretend it never happened?

Sorry, guess I did jump you a bit. Lol. A bit crabby today. We live in ohio so things are a big easier here. I know some places are impossible to work and live on anything less then a 25$ hr job. Sometimes I get a bit touchy about things sorry!

no worries. :drinker:
  • remieres93
    remieres93 Posts: 45
    Options
    I have about 17 tattoos. I. Love. Tattoos.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I have three. Two hidden, one on my foot. I love them but I’m done… I like them on men too if it’s not too much, tasteful and not all over their body. ;-)

I'll give you $4.83 to see the hidden ones.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I have one...hidden... when I am bored or the water is cold it reads. WD... BUT when I see a pretty girl it reads.. Welcome to the neighborhood, have a nice day.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I personally am not a fan, but I also don't have any issue with people who do have them/want to get them. I have never seen the point for myself personally.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    It's a personal choice....I'm afraid they might hurt!!
  • BlackBetttie
    BlackBetttie Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have six and can't resist a man with good ink!! :drinker:
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have one on my shoulder, inside of both wrists, both feet, and a half sleeve. I love tattoos for myself. I don't care what anyone else does with their bodies. Except for my son... Who I truly hope doesn't get any tattoos until he is at least 21.
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think they are meant for some people , but not everyone. I have seen some really bad artwork. I have one hidden tattoo for my dad and grandpas cancer. Some chics look hot with sleeves and a bunch but I wouldnt. Its so addicting but I stop myself because I know I wont look good covered in them.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It's a personal choice....I'm afraid they might hurt!!

Oh it does.....a lot. :wink:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I have six and can't resist a man with good ink!! :drinker:

Have we met?

Oh, wait, you said *good* ink. :sad:
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Not for me, but I have no problem with others getting them. The artwork and sentimentality on some is just beautiful.
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    like anything I think some people pull them off and others dont.....

at my gym everyone has a sleeve....
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a Ney here. People are free to add graffiti or art to their bodies if that is important to them. I wish they would think about any possible negatives before they start. I am an employer and any visible tattoos mean that you probably are not going to get hired. I have never heard an employer say "I hired the applicant because of the cool tattoos" but I have heard one say the opposite.

Is this an excerpt from an outdated HR book?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a Ney here. People are free to add graffiti or art to their bodies if that is important to them. I wish they would think about any possible negatives before they start. I am an employer and any visible tattoos mean that you probably are not going to get hired. I have never heard an employer say "I hired the applicant because of the cool tattoos" but I have heard one say the opposite.

Is this an excerpt from an outdated HR book?

I am also an employer. I don't care about tattoos so long as you are good at your job and good with people.

BUT WHAT THE HELLO DO I KNOW.
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    oh I hate them. How could you do that to yourself. I would never hire anyone with tattoo's