Tattoos -- Yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Even though I have 5, I'm not really a yay or nay person in regards to tattoos. A few, well-placed ones are the kind I like, but I'm not into heavy designs/sleeves/completely covered look. That isn't to say I don't appreciate the art that a person may have; those looks just don't do anything for me. I don't find that tattoos increase attractiveness, but I don't think that being ink-free increases attractiveness either. I guess I'm just indifferent, really.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have three: a rose on my right shoulder blade, piglet on my ankle (yes, Piglet, Pooh's friend :laugh: ) and a heart on my hip. There is a banner running through it with my hubby's name.
  • bbardwell0916
    bbardwell0916 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a Ney here. People are free to add graffiti or art to their bodies if that is important to them. I wish they would think about any possible negatives before they start. I am an employer and any visible tattoos mean that you probably are not going to get hired. I have never heard an employer say "I hired the applicant because of the cool tattoos" but I have heard one say the opposite.

I don't know. I mean, I was in the military and many of us had tattoos (some with sleeves and neck tattoos) and they were police officers that stood by my side. I have quite a few tattoo and now I'm an Insurance agent dealing with people and helping them and make a salary of 30,000 yearly plus commissions. It's not whats on your skin that should matter, but what's on the inside. Least thats what i think :) Of course, all opinions are our own right.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    These threads always amuse me. My husband has his right arm completely covered in tattoos, and my upper right shoulder is covered in tattoos. We both have college educations, have state government jobs, and we live in the suburbs. We love tattoos and got them in places that would be easy to hide in our line of work. Yeah, it would be nice if everybody was more accepting of tattoos, but we're also realistic. My husband's boss even admitted to him once that she wouldn't have hired him if she knew he had tattoos, but she's also admitted he's one of the best workers she's ever had.
  • cpulnikorl8
    cpulnikorl8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As you can see in my pictures I am covered in ink. I made the decision to have more visible tattoos when I left the normal 9-5 job and start my own business. I am an artist and have been successful at selling my art as a full time job. By adding ink in visible places on my body (which I love every tattoo I have) I have insured I work harder then ever at being a successful artist and never have to go back to the corporate world because with the amount of ink I have they wouldn't have me back. This may seem silly to most but it is my motivation. I am 4 years in to this huge change and I not only have a VERY successful store on ETSY, but I also have another appointment in August to finish my lower back.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a Ney here. People are free to add graffiti or art to their bodies if that is important to them. I wish they would think about any possible negatives before they start. I am an employer and any visible tattoos mean that you probably are not going to get hired. I have never heard an employer say "I hired the applicant because of the cool tattoos" but I have heard one say the opposite.

Do you also not hire obese people?
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i love them but have been a chicken about actually doing it myself. the idea of picking one thing and a spot to put it in is so hard for me. a bff gave me a tattoo for my bday.. we still haven't actually got the tattoo but she is telling me we need to get one soon. ah! h has a few and i love them! so sexy!
  • BusyBirdMommy
    Options
    Love tattoos! I have a couple, but they are discrete and very feminine. :-)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I love them.... I have 3 with at least 3 more planned.

Men with tattoo's.... yum!
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be the last person alive that doesn't have one :) Do you think that will be non-conformist?
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Absolute YAY! I LOVE a man with tats! My husband has 7 and I cannot wait til he gets more, I couldn't even date a man with no ink... :tongue: I have 3 myself, and def want more as well!
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have three: a rose on my right shoulder blade, piglet on my ankle (yes, Piglet, Pooh's friend :laugh: ) and a heart on my hip. There is a banner running through it with my hubby's name.

lol I have a Tigger tattoo on my upper shoulder! I also have a dolphin on my back shoulder blade. Plan on more when I have the money and it's going on my upper back with my kids baby footprints with their names and bithdates, I have others I would like but this is the first one I want to get been wanting to do this for over a year now, have it all planned out in my head just need to find ann artist to put it down on paper.
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have them, I like them. Everyone's different though. I do enjoy really good artwork over the random "I was 18 and wanted a butterfly on my a**" type of tattoo. Something well thought out and done well.
  • CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Absolutely yes! Love my ink. I work a corporate job, never had any issues.
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yay
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    YAY
  • KatyRu
    KatyRu Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One of my least favorite objections to tattoos is "but what will they look like when you're older/what will you think of them when you're older?"

Well.....when I'm older with grandkids to love on and bodily breakdown to worry about, etc., I honestly don't think that my old wrinkly tattoo will be at the top of my to-think-about-today list. As for what they will look like, well, they will look like I had a pretty darn awesome childhood. No pity for tatted-up grandma (please note, I only have 4 tattoos), because tatted-up grandma doesn't give a darn.

I love tattoos, and think they're sexy when done right. :) I've heard from a coworker that mine look unfeminine (I have one on each collar bone, not matching or anything, and 2 on my left arm), but I'm happily married to a man who thinks I'm VERY feminine, and I don't really care how feminine I appear to others, so it doesn't really bother me.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    One of my least favorite objections to tattoos is "but what will they look like when you're older/what will you think of them when you're older?"

Well.....when I'm older with grandkids to love on and bodily breakdown to worry about, etc., I honestly don't think that my old wrinkly tattoo will be at the top of my to-think-about-today list. As for what they will look like, well, they will look like I had a pretty darn awesome childhood. No pity for tatted-up grandma (please note, I only have 4 tattoos), because tatted-up grandma doesn't give a darn.

I love tattoos, and think they're sexy when done right. :) I've heard from a coworker that mine look unfeminine (I have one on each collar bone, not matching or anything, and 2 on my left arm), but I'm happily married to a man who thinks I'm VERY feminine, and I don't really care how feminine I appear to others, so it doesn't really bother me.

c8793fb39a314fafb9e20d88e3e06707e3c6c7742fa68c6eafc5fff2344998c0.jpg
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    YAY!!!!! i have a couple..My daughters a tattooist too :flowerforyou:

0f36226d-a57f-46cc-9a4d-ed43bcb9562e_zps9768a6b9.jpg
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love them in moderation... I have three myself