I made goal!! And celebrated by gaining 80 lbs.

Options
12345679»

Replies

• AtlantaBob
    AtlantaBob Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I lost weight a total of 3 times in my life. I gained it back the first 2 times because I would deem specific foods and food groups as "bad" and would not eat them. I restricted calories excessively and did an unreasonable amount of cardio. While this approach was effective in making me lose the weight initially, it was neither a healthy nor sustainable way to keep that weight off. I have kept the weight off for over two years this time because I learned that I can eat anything that I love within reason and moderation. I also enjoy weight lifting and moderate cardio.
    The key for me was to find something that I could do for the rest of my life and be happy about it.

great story
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    bump
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    yet another shameless self promoting bump......I'm so ashamed
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    ... as you continue on in your quest for total world domination lol!
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    I'll NEVER give up trying

I'll accept much smaller definitions of World, however.

:)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I'll NEVER give up trying

I'll accept much smaller definitions of World, however.

:)

har har har
  • FluffyFontaine
    FluffyFontaine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. I celebrated in April when I reached my halfway point in my journey back to health, celebrated at McDonald's of all places and then just kept going. Gained back the 25 lbs I'd lost, plus another 5.

I've sent friend requests to some of you. If I missed you, feel free to add me.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    ... as you continue on in your quest for total world domination lol!

What20Are20We20Going20To20Do20Tonight20Brain_zps6358eb86.jpg

OP, :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • Juliesoalwellness
    Juliesoalwellness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel,
    Don't be so hard on yourself. It's about building confidence and long term healthy habits. Believe in yourself and let go of your failures. We all have them but some of us manifest them in our eating habits. Good luck in your weight loss goals!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that...several times. We probably all have an entire clothing store in our closets, from size 24 to size 6. I take that back, I got rid of everything over size 18, and refuse to go beyond that size again. And I was a size six, I starved myself, and managed it for a few days.

The issue is lasting change. We don't really like exercise and salads. Give me a pizza and movie any day, over a grilled chicken salad and a one hour spin class. But, in order to stay smaller, that is what I need to do...bread can never pass my lips again. Or pasta. I am a huge wine fan, switch to ice tea, not the same. Sigh.

Just get back on that spin cycle, and buy some chicken, skip the beer, wine, pasta, and bread....you will get back there.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    *looks at joined date*

*looks at weight to lose ticker*

Yeeaaaaaah. :embarassed:
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    You are assuming this is my original account?

ASSUME

*kitten*

U

ME

yeaaaaaahhhhhhh
  • pdmelfi
    Options
    You made me laugh out loud, Sorry for that, but we are in the same boat. I had gone from 235 to 185 five years ago, and am now @275, ugh. Trying to get back on track, tired of all the pills I am on..
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    You made me laugh out loud, Sorry for that, but we are in the same boat. I had gone from 235 to 185 five years ago, and am now @275, ugh. Trying to get back on track, tired of all the pills I am on..
    [/quote

The important thing is YOU ARE HERE! I keep telling myself LEARN from the past but then forget it. Never live in it.

Good luck on your journey