Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well done for finishing week 1 of B210K good to know its not too much more challenging than the final week of C25K. How does it feel being a C25K graduate? Im looking forward to it, i don't think i've ever stuck to anything so religiously.

Feels great to have finished c25k. I've really got the bug now to the point where I'm having a couple of days off now because I've overdone it a bit lol. I never thought I could get to the point where I could comfortably run for 45 minutes :bigsmile: I did W2 D1 of b210k yesterday and had no problems at all except that my legs are aching a bit today, but I'm glad I went straight on to it after c25k as the momentum is still there and not that much more difficult. I'm now actually running 7k+ which I'm still finding it hard to take in :noway: lol

Well done for getting to week 9, only 2 more to go :drinker:
  • laurzishot
    Options
    WEEK 9 DAY 3 DONE!! FINISHED COUCH TO 5K!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Wow i can't believe i finished it, these 9 weeks have gone by so fast and i'm glad that i got to do it with all of you :happy:

I also can't believe that even though it's still a bit hard, i'm running for 30 minutes!!

Keep at it, you're all nearly there, good work everyone:drinker:
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 2 done.

I had to bunch them up as it's been a heavy week with work. Its my 30th Birthday this weekend and the perfect way to end my C25K program.

I loved my 30 min run today - i just enjoyed the music and kept on running lol.
  • rubysparkle
    Options

Wow i can't believe i finished it, these 9 weeks have gone by so fast and i'm glad that i got to do it with all of you :happy:

I also can't believe that even though it's still a bit hard, i'm running for 30 minutes!!

CONGRATULATIONS - YOU HAVE FINISHED EXCELLENT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have done really well hats off to you. I only have one run left and im looking forward to it. Well done everyone.
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Well done for finishing week 1 of B210K good to know its not too much more challenging than the final week of C25K. How does it feel being a C25K graduate? Im looking forward to it, i don't think i've ever stuck to anything so religiously.

Feels great to have finished c25k. I've really got the bug now to the point where I'm having a couple of days off now because I've overdone it a bit lol. I never thought I could get to the point where I could comfortably run for 45 minutes :bigsmile: I did W2 D1 of b210k yesterday and had no problems at all except that my legs are aching a bit today, but I'm glad I went straight on to it after c25k as the momentum is still there and not that much more difficult. I'm now actually running 7k+ which I'm still finding it hard to take in :noway: lol

Well done for getting to week 9, only 2 more to go :drinker:

I love that you have now got the running bug - that is so cool. I cannot wait to start the B210K. Everytime I have a few days rest I worry that i will not be able to run next time and then hop on the treadmill and realise yep can still run 30 mins. I think i would feel the same way with the momentum. It's great to hear it's going well.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options

CONGRATS! YOU ARE NOW A COUCH TO 5K GRADUATE! When do you think your going to start bridge to 10k?
  • Fliegenschwein
    Options

Congratulations :flowerforyou:

Well done on finishing, feels great huh? These last few weeks have gone really fast but here's hoping we can all keep going for a while yet and continue with b210k.

Well done everyone :drinker:
  • loveme445
    Options
    Week 9 Day 2 done!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Finished W3, D3 on Friday. Looking forward to starting W4, but worried as the 3 minute runs seemed to last forever. Great to see people completing it though, gives me great hope and motivation!
  • laurzishot
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) Feels so amazing to have finished this program!

As to when i'm starting b210k i'm hoping to start in a couple weeks i just wanna stay at 30 mins a little longer to make sure i'm used to it.

When are the rest of you starting b210k?

Also Fliegenschwein what is your goal after you complete b210k? :smile:

Actually what is everyone's goals? I think that once i complete b210k i'll just keep working on my speed and adding incline to the treadmill :bigsmile:
  • loveme445
    Options
    Well, I was suppose to do Week 9 Day 3 today but I went walking (uphill) Saturday and my hips are sore. So, Im going to rest a couple of days and get it done next week.

Laura: After I finish C25K, Im going to keep working on my speed also. Im going to participate in my 1st 5K race the beginning of Feb and a 2nd 5K race in May. So, between Feb and May, I'll be working on my 5K time. After my race in May, Im going to start the Bridge to 10K program. When I finish that program, I want to complete two 10k races by the end of the year.

MoozeWizard: Good Job!
  • Fliegenschwein
    Options

As to when i'm starting b210k i'm hoping to start in a couple weeks i just wanna stay at 30 mins a little longer to make sure i'm used to it.

Actually what is everyone's goals? I think that once i complete b210k i'll just keep working on my speed and adding incline to the treadmill :bigsmile:

Well done for finishing, thats awesome :bigsmile: :drinker:

I`m just about to go and do W2D3 of b210k which is going really well. I`ve signed up for a 10k in London in July so thats giving me a lot of incentive to keep going right now.

After b210k .. well one of my life's ambitions is to run the London Marathon which I've watched on TV every year since it started, so I`ll be working my way hopefully towards that in the distant future. Its a long long way off yet but its something to focus on :bigsmile:

Well done everyone and keep going :drinker:
  • LisaLisaBoBisa
    Options
    I started it last week, so far I love it!

Are you still hanging in there with it? I'm on Week 2 and the 90 sec job feels like forever! LOL
  • LisaLisaBoBisa
    Options
    Great choice! It's a really fun program and I'm seeing a lot of success with it, I'm on week 3 day 2. Good luck!

How is the program going for you? I'm on Week 2 and the 90 second jog seems to last forever!
  • Fliegenschwein
    Options
    I'm going to stop b210k for a while I've decided.

I'm getting a few too many pains in my legs and knees that I wasnt getting before, and while I can do the runs ok, I think I might be pushing it a bit too quickly so I'm back to the 30 minute runs for a bit to give it time to adjust properly :bigsmile:

Well done all :drinker:
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on for a while, i haven't done my last run of C25K yet as i gained a sore throat and cold at the weekend and need to get my strength back before i run again so im taking a few days to get my energy back.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • laurzishot
    Options
    Well, I was suppose to do Week 9 Day 3 today but I went walking (uphill) Saturday and my hips are sore. So, Im going to rest a couple of days and get it done next week.

Laura: After I finish C25K, Im going to keep working on my speed also. Im going to participate in my 1st 5K race the beginning of Feb and a 2nd 5K race in May. So, between Feb and May, I'll be working on my 5K time. After my race in May, Im going to start the Bridge to 10K program. When I finish that program, I want to complete two 10k races by the end of the year.

MoozeWizard: Good Job!

That's great! How exciting to have races booked :) Don't worry you'll complete it soon enough:flowerforyou:
  • laurzishot
    Options

Well done for finishing, thats awesome :bigsmile: :drinker:

I`m just about to go and do W2D3 of b210k which is going really well. I`ve signed up for a 10k in London in July so thats giving me a lot of incentive to keep going right now.

After b210k .. well one of my life's ambitions is to run the London Marathon which I've watched on TV every year since it started, so I`ll be working my way hopefully towards that in the distant future. Its a long long way off yet but its something to focus on :bigsmile:

Well done everyone and keep going :drinker:

Thanks :) Wow what an amazing goal!! I'm sure if you keep moving forward slowly with your running that you'll be able to do the marathon and we can all watch you on tv :bigsmile:
  • laurzishot
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on for a while, i haven't done my last run of C25K yet as i gained a sore throat and cold at the weekend and need to get my strength back before i run again so im taking a few days to get my energy back.

That's okay, you'll do it! Hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: