Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• joaniecrombie
    Options
    I just started this week too! let's do this thing!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this program too! I just finished W1D2 last night and it felt great. I did W1D1 3 times before I was able to complete the whole thing. :embarassed:

I'm not running at full speed but hopefully will work my way up. It's a bit awkward running on my treadmill as I have the small track I can't wait to try this outside.

I will definitely have to check out the podcasts.
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im starting monday!! Is there anyone starting the same day/??? Im virtually totally couch now lol.. anyone in bellevue or redmond washington who would like to run together? (by running I mean jog at a comfortable pace until we build up! lol) Im also looking to sign up for a 3k so like I HAVE to finish the training! lol
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Well, I finally did it. I did Week 9 Day 3 today and it felt soooo good. Im soooo excited and proud to say that I am now a Couch to 5K Graduate! :bigsmile:

Thank you to everyone on here because you kept me motivated to finish this program. :drinker:

A Special Thank You to Ginnyroxx for starting this thread. I kept procrastinating and when I saw this thread I finally said I'll give it a try. So, Thank You Again! :flowerforyou:
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Well done for finishing :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Hi to those just starting and good luck. It really is an awesome program :bigsmile:
  • mama2pax
    Options
    I am on week 4 of C25K! Yesterday, I ran two five minute intervals for the FIRST TIME ever!!! I am so excited!
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am going to do this program to improve my time: http://www.halhigdon.com/5K Training/5-Kinter.htm. I really want to run a half marathon in August. This will be a great start to getting in miles and improving my time. Good luck to all! I'm excited to have a group to chat with!
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Having been through the program on a treadmill, I'm restarting outside, did week 1 day 2 this morning.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Well, I finally did it. I did Week 9 Day 3 today and it felt soooo good. Im soooo excited and proud to say that I am now a Couch to 5K Graduate! :bigsmile:

Thank you to everyone on here because you kept me motivated to finish this program. :drinker:

A Special Thank You to Ginnyroxx for starting this thread. I kept procrastinating and when I saw this thread I finally said I'll give it a try. So, Thank You Again! :flowerforyou:

Excellent...well done for finishing the C25K program. You have done an excellent job well done you.

I'm still sick and currently unable to run so i still have my final run to do - how annoying is that but i'm looking forward to getting back to it and moving onto the B210K.

Well done everyone.
  • Jaminator328
    Options
    I have a goal of running a 5k, but anytime I really get into running I end up with killler shin splints.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Thank You Everyone for your kind words!
    Excellent...well done for finishing the C25K program. You have done an excellent job well done you.

I'm still sick and currently unable to run so i still have my final run to do - how annoying is that but i'm looking forward to getting back to it and moving onto the B210K.

Well done everyone.

Awww, Im sorry to hear that you're still sick. I hop you get better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • laurzishot
    Options

Well done!! Congratulations on completing this program :flowerforyou: Make sure to treat yourself to something because we definitely all deserve it after finishing :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • laurzishot
    Options

Well done everyone.

I hope that you feel better soon ;( Nearly there!:flowerforyou:
  • wendyco
    Options
    @Jaminator:: i also get that! I heard it can be related to the overweight... =\ im hoping this time it wont hold me back.

Im starting tomorrow...and I cant sleep...its 12:36am and I was supposed to go running at sometime between 8-10am for W1D1 =*(
    Hopefully I can handle the cold weather here in seattle =*(
  • wendyco
    Options
    So I JUST got back form day one and i totally sucked =\ ...

I guess going from flat florida to hilly washington AND from 80 degrees to 40 degrees is not as easy as I thought =*(

I finished it all right...but I had to pause twice...once when my brother decided to go down this steep hill and then the 90 sec walk was over and had to RUN up the hill (didnt happen i think the incline was like 65+ degrees ...HORRIBLE! I felt like I was going up stairs so obviously paused the run until I walked up it which took like 5+ minutes..

Then paused it again after ANOTHER uphill not realizing it was right before the LAST run =\

I did finish it though...took me longer than 30 minutes but did it! However runkeeper didnt work and the gps didnt track squat... =\

I know ur supposed to take a day off..but would like to try this again...? like tomorrow...or should I do a walk or something less?
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    I'm hoping to get my last run in this weekend. It's such a shame this bug delayed me finishing. How is everyone getting on? I'm so looking forward to running again. 2 weeks off is hard!!!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Awesome!
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    I finally did it...yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completed my final run of the C25K today which means i've finished the program and I can't believe I am now a C25K graduate.

Despite having a flu bug for the last 10 days my run was great and I really enjoyed being back running again.

Thanks for all your support, i have loved being part of this group and im now really looking forward to moving onto the B210K.

I don't think i've ever stuck to an exercise program so long but the weeks have flown by. At my heavy weight i never thought i would be able to run 5k in 30 minutes.
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Anyone know where i can find a Bridge to 10k app in mp3 format? I can't seem to find one like i had for the C25K.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Ooo, I really want to start this running program, but I need to wait until March when I can get outside again, and there's no snow and the air doesn't make me cough. :wink: Or I could get my butt in the gym and start now! :tongue:
    I have a goal of running a 5k, but anytime I really get into running I end up with killler shin splints.
    Try new running shoes, or going to a Podiatrist. Also, maybe running on soft ground (trails, grass, etc) would help.