Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the podcasts. I HATE to run and typically "run" on the elliptical instead. I think the music AND not really having to watch the clock will really help get me motivated!
  • Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I will definitely have to check out the podcasts.

What podcasts? THere is more on the C25K?

http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/podrunner-intervals-workout/id272591768
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Awesome well done! :bigsmile:

How did you find your run after taking a break? I'm currently on a 2 to 3 week break due to a strained muscle and I'm getting a bit worried it will put my progress back. I did get as far as b210k week 2 but I'm planning to go back to the 30 minute runs for a while when I start up again.

You will be fine getting back into it, i had only run once in 3 weeks due to illness and then did the first one of B210K yesterday but it was hard, felt like a step up but i finished it and still want to do it again tomorrow. I will listen to my body though and stop if i get any twinges, my calves were sore today and i haven't had that before. I would suggest getting a couple of walks in before you run again and see how it feels. This program seems hard when i read it on paper but then i keep thinking the 3 min runs were hard when i first started. :)
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm on day two of week four and really enjoying it! I can't wait until week 5 as that is when it looks like it will get really tough.

I'm looking for c25k friends, if anyone needs support.
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    Hopefully it's not too late to join the group!

I started C25K last summer and did fairly well with it, but I stopped in September due to time restrictions and then I never got back into it. I was at W4D3 but since it's been awhile, I decided to start back at W4D1.

Before, I had been running down the sidewalk along side of the Delaware River which was a nice run, but very flat. Now that snow is present, the sidewalk is closed, so I reverted to running my neighborhood. My neighborhood has its ups and downs...literally! Luckily, the biggest uphill is at the very beginning, so my warm-up walk up the hill got my heartrate up without killing me. Going through my neighborhood (which is a grid) makes it easy to track my progress and mileage, and only once (on an uphill) did I have to walk instead of jog for a couple of breaths.

I'm sure there are posts regarding this, I just haven't found it yet, but how do you guys track your calories? I ended up calculating my average speed by taking the total mileage by the time, but I'm not sure if this is the most accurate way (since there's bursts of energy with the running and then a slow down with the walking).

Happy C25K-ing!!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I started Couch to 5K a couple weeks ago (still on week 1 this week). It's a huge challenge for me because I'm still quite overweight but I want to be able to run and I don't want to wait until I'm 'in shape' to start. It's painful, my chest burns, my feet and legs hurt, but I feel like I accomplished something when I'm done and that makes it all worth it.

LeAnn
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    I started Couch to 5K a couple weeks ago (still on week 1 this week). It's a huge challenge for me because I'm still quite overweight but I want to be able to run and I don't want to wait until I'm 'in shape' to start. It's painful, my chest burns, my feet and legs hurt, but I feel like I accomplished something when I'm done and that makes it all worth it.

LeAnn

Great job starting!!! I'm not a runner at all, but it is a great feeling when you finish and i promise...it does get easier, just give it some time!!
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Well done - i have a HRM which calculates my calories, i also have a nike sports band to track my distance.
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Finished Week 1 Day 2 of B210K today. Felt better than the first one but i did have 5 days off in between due to a busy work schedule.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Started today week 1 Day 1 and it was awesome. I have been working up a little to this though so it wasn't too bad. Not looking forward to week 3 and onwards :laugh: I'm hoping posting in here will keep me motivated to push through the pain and achieve my goal of being able to jog for half an hour. Please feel free to add me, and kick my butt if I don't train. :flowerforyou:
  • ababygrace
    ababygrace Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm late at this board but I am interested in trying. I would love to learn to run because I suck at it.
  • yvettenicole21
    yvettenicole21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im startin this week :) im really interested in the warrior dash too!! anyone try that?
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    My husband has talked me into giving this a shot! Starting as soon as it's warm enough to get outside, hopefully next week!
    Any tips?
  • Emilyanne6081
    Options
    I started on monday and I have done 2 days of day one because I loved it so much (I know this will slow down, but I'm just trying to build endurance). I am using the Iphone App "C25k" and I love that so much. I listen to Girl talk if anyone knows of it, and it makes the run that much more enjoyable.

Good luck to everyone!
  • getfitlarry
    Options
    I have not been able to run in two months due to an injury and I'm restarting Couch 25k starting at week 4 to get back into my groove. Has anyone else had this happen or used this strategy?