Women and High Heels

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Man, this advice about walking in heels really makes we wonder why we put ourselves through it i.e. sit as often as possible, stand on one foot then the other to relieve pressure, take smaller steps, don't wear them too often or you'll get bunions... http://www.wikihow.com/Walk-in-High-Heels

After starting yoga, I did stop with the 4 and 5 inch heels as I realised the tension they were putting into my calves and how they screwed up my posture. But I still wear 3ish inch heels to work about 2-3 times a week. As I'm mainly sitting down in them and I am careful to chose fairly comfy ones (Clarks, M & S Footglove) I think they're fine.

I also wear them on the odd occasion that I'm out at a social event that doesn't involve lots of walking. Or for very formal events i.e. Ascot races, weddings - if necessary I take flat shoes and change at the event.

I do think they look good with work outfits and help to add a touch of formality or dressiness.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    "Hooker Heels" are the ones with the platform and the stilletto...ankle strap is optional.

Tasteful heels do exist. Heels that don't hurt your feet exist. *shrug* I used to LIVE in heels, and my calves were AMAZING. Since I have stopped wearing them on a daily basis, my calves have turned to mush. There *are* advantages.
  • Ness7891
    Ness7891 Posts: 26
    Options
    I love a woman in heels.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    As a petite woman, heels are my life saver! On a normal day I don't wear heels, I will only wear them if I'm going out at night or something.

I love heels they're sooo pretty.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I dunno mate.

I wonder that myself too.

Once, I watched a girl stumbling over the cobbles in Covent Garden. I think that was the point where I decided I'm not wearing them anymore. Took the poor girl ten minutes to wobble across the square and I feared for her ankles. When I did use to wear them, I can honestly say everytime I went out with my friends whilst wearing big heels I fell over *at least* once during the night and always came home with a bruise, graze and ripped tights.

Get rid of the cobblestones. lol

I just like wearing them ever since I wore my first pair at 15. I just love the way I feel in them.
  • ashieldmaiden
    Options
    Some women(at least me) don't use words like "whorey" or "skantastic" because it is stupid and very insulting.
    I don't wear heels much, depends on the occasion. I hate heels in bright, neon colors and ones with platform.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    when to wear heels...

ONLY if you can actually walk in them. ( i am always amazed at women who can actually dance in them).
    If they don't make you look trashy (unless that is your business).
    If they make you look trashy (yes I'm a hypocrite!).
    In bed.
    If you are short..
    If you are really tall.

Oh hell....
    You can wear them in a car, you can wear them in a bar,
    You can wear them here and there, you can wear them everywhere (but see the first item)!
  • TravelinChiGal
    TravelinChiGal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    when to wear heels...

ONLY if you can actually walk in them. ( i am always amazed at women who can actually dance in them).
    In bed.
    If you are short..
    If you are really tall.

Oh hell....
    You can wear them here and there, you can wear them everywhere (but see the first item)!

hahaha!! LOVE IT ALL!
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    when to wear heels...

In bed.
    If you are short..
    If you are really tall.

Oh hell....

+1 I apply to the short but sadly cant walk in them :sad:
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I've never worn any type of high heel. Ever. They look painful to me.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    "Hooker Heels" are the ones with the platform and the stilletto...ankle strap is optional.

Tasteful heels do exist. Heels that don't hurt your feet exist. *shrug* I used to LIVE in heels, and my calves were AMAZING. Since I have stopped wearing them on a daily basis, my calves have turned to mush. There *are* advantages.
    My faverite heals I have are nude platforms with a strap & they are stiletto and I can walk them like they are a part of me. I get compliments from women at CLASSY resteraunts and everywhere else. I even wear them to church they make your legs longer and go with every outfit. When do judge a book by its cover? Shame!
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love my heels! The more the merrier! It's a daily part of my wardrobe. Granted some can be uncomfortable but I have many pairs that wear better than my tennis shoe!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I would just like to know when the class was taught to us ladies about how to walk in them, because apparently I missed it.

4 critical (but loving!) sisters taught me how to walk in heels before I left high school.

First, the heel is just for decoration and balance, you use the front part of your foot to walk in the heels. Shoulders back, imagine a straight line, each foot ends up on that line so you have a slight cross while you walk. This avoids the bumbling giraffe walk.

Heels are awesome.

Sidenote: when I think of heels I think of the first time I really kissed my ex. He's 6'8, I'm 5'6. I was wearing (tasteful) 4 inch wedges - and when that wasn't working out for us so well, I ended up balancing on my tip toes on the back of my wedges. Precarious.... but I could rock that.

So sometimes heels help romantic interludes.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

You can dress like a hooker and play the role of one just as much in kitten heels or flats…so if you want to judge a book go to the library.