Do your pets share your bed?

Options

Replies

• bulletproofjune
    bulletproofjune Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, I love the pictures of you guys' pets!

I have two beagles, and they both sleep in bed with me. I also have a cat that comes and hangs out once in awhile, but that's rare. I love my beagles more than basically ANYTHING, but I somewhat regret having them in bed with me. I am the meat in a beagle sandwich all night, every night. It's a little much at times, lol, and my boyfriend HATES it.
  • JeanieBean1074
    Options
    We actually had to buy our pitbull HER OWN CHAIR because she is such a bed hog. Now, I can hear her snores in the other room while I have a bed to myself.

482992_3323343101013_1192722493_n.jpg?oh=33f07b2834e2a134ccb3413dc8e35953&oe=54358FA2

OMG!!! HOW CUUUTE!!!!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No. My yorkie is cute, but not the brightest bulb. Every time he goes upstairs where there is carpet or I let him on the bed, he pees. I'm done dry cleaning the comforter. He gets a nice little section of the kitchen with his toys and his bed.
  • drunkbambi
    drunkbambi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    my dog has waterproof rain boots and a rain coat with a hood when he goes out in the rain and other times he gets his feet washed every time he comes home. so yup. he's potty trained, clean, always smells like peaches and therefore is allowed to sleep at the end of the bed
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I forgot my LOL cat story- my one fat cat is much more like a dog it's hysterical.

He sleeps in a box on top of my computer desk frequently- and I start to shut down the living room- TV/comptuer- cleanup dishes and sewing projects- and I head to bed- he wakes up- jumps down and then RUNS to the back bed room and turns around and looks at me liek TIME FOR BED TIME FOR BED TIME FOR BED!!!

he gets so disgruntled when I'm staying up late and I go the bathroom- and he runs back there like it's bed time
    he's like
    BIT*CH you tricked me!!!!!

it's so funny and adorable. Love it.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Not very often! It's hard enough to sleep when my hubby snores. Two bulldogs sounds like a choir of snoring when all 3 are there!
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yep. Dogs, cats, a sick rooster, and two baby goats.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    My dog is allowed in the bed and will occasionally sleep there with me, but usually he sleeps in his own bed in the bedroom with me. He does get up and snuggle on the occasional morning. The couch is a whole different story, we have learned to share that really well.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Back when I was a dj a few of them did.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. Even if a pet is brushed and bathed they still shed. I don't want that hair in my bed or on my furniture.

My dog has her own pillow in the bedroom. That's enough.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    We used to allow it but our husky mix sheds so much that we had to put a stop to it. Also, our tiny dog is in danger of getting hurt by rogue limbs rolling around in the night.

After we banned them I thought about it and it is quite gross. They walk around in the yard, get pee and other particles all over their bare feet. Sure, they walk around on the carpets in our home too and I shampoo and vacuum those carpets... but I don't lay my head on the carpet. Whatever is on their paws that I can't see... I don't want that in my bed. Even with washing sheets.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Nope, allergic to the cat...so she is not allowed in the bedroom. My puppy is still kenneled most nights and sleeps in there next to our bed. My mastiff, well he is huge and sleeps anywhere but my bed. I prefer only myself and hubby in our bed, plus the whole sleeping naked thing would creep me out with an animal in my bed.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    <<<< Yep, Ginger sleeps with us. Sometimes she sleeps with my son (and he has a twin bed, so it's crowded). We also have a Dachshund that usually sleeps with my son as well.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    oh you guys mean animals.

Nope, that's dirty.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yep both my cats sleep with me, they are welcome in my bed anytime.
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This was a day before Christmas and these two got brand new beds for their gifts :happy:

cfee3939-f446-4ec5-ba72-f5a3c269c6d6.jpg

The baby doesn't get a "real" bed until he gets a little bigger, so a pillow and some sheets suffice for now. I don't want to buy two overpriced pet beds for one dog :happy:

b6b5b02e-301c-430f-b3d2-2aefaea7ee23.jpg

Sorry, but I'm a proud momma! :happy:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    This was a day before Christmas and these two got brand new beds for their gifts :happy:

cfee3939-f446-4ec5-ba72-f5a3c269c6d6.jpg

The baby doesn't get a "real" bed until he gets a little bigger, so a pillow and some sheets suffice for now. I don't want to buy two overpriced pet beds for one dog :happy:

b6b5b02e-301c-430f-b3d2-2aefaea7ee23.jpg

Sorry, but I'm a proud momma! :happy:

Those are the cutest pups ever! Not spoiled at all hehe:laugh:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    We don't have any pets currently but growing up I had a cocker-poo (small dog) and a cat and they both slept with me at night.

The cat, Sneakers, would be up by my head. She was smart - she figured out I tossed and turned a lot and that was the best place for her to be so she could be close, and even steal some heat, but without getting disturbed too much.

The dog, Duchess, would sleep anywhere near me where it was most comfortable. In the winter, I actually would put her under the blankets with me. In the summer, she'd stay down more near my feet so we weren't sharing too much body heat.

The cat I had before I met Hubs, Baby, wouldn't really sleep with me unless she was scared (storms, vet visit days). She might try to sleep by my feet now and then but as soon as I moved a bit, she was out of there. Definitely not a cuddler. She was a rescue cat so who knows what she might've had to endure before I found her.

:sad: I miss them all
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Even if a pet is brushed and bathed they still shed. I don't want that hair in my bed or on my furniture.

Not all pets shed.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,220 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My cats won't take 'no' for an answer, so they sleep on the bed whenever they want. My Great Pyrenees takes up the space of two adult humans, so she only gets to share the bed when the hubby is away.