Do your pets share your bed?

Options

Replies

• ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty sure i'm sleeping in THEIR bed. i'm only in it 6 hours a day - they're in it like 20.

Yep, that's pretty much it.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    You mean do they share the bed with me.... maybe if they so feel like it. Between two german shepherds, a chihuahua rat terrier and 2 cats...
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My shih tzu will start off in the bed with us but then she goes and gets in her princess bed because she doesnt like when we move around and she loves her personal space.. My Samoyed doesnt even know how jump up in the bed.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    When my husband isn't home, our 2 dogs sleep in bed with me. When he's home, they sleep on their doggy beds in our room. In the morning we have a routine though... my husband gets up about an hour before I do. As soon as his alarm goes off and he leaves the room, they both jump right up and sleep there until I get up.

My Shih Tzu Marely does that. When my husband gets up she loves to jump in and sleep with me until I get up.
  • ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Nope... I make him bunk with the kids!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    No! She's 160 pounds! There isn't room for her, hubby and me. She sleeps in my son's room, on the floor. (See below on my ticker for a pic of her.)
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I have a cat. He pretty much shares any bed he pleases.
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    Yes, they sometimes make enough room for me in my bed...
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Yep. Even though they are small, Chin Pin and Chihuahua, they still take up as much space as the possibly can.
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    I have 3 large dogs (American Akitas), so no, even in a super king bed, they don't. I wouldn't mind,....but they just get too hot. :)
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    no, they're not allowed on the furniture either. Love them but not their hair everywhere! I have a black Lab and an English Mastiff. There would be no room left for me if they were on the furniture!

Funny, the only furniture they ARE allowed on in my house is the bed. And believe it or not, they follow the rule!

Bedding is easily washed, upholstery, not so much.
  • christinalong1991
    christinalong1991 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    mine is always in bed with us! lol that being said, mine only weighs 7 lbs and doesn't take much space. If its too the point that it is interfering with your health, either get a bigger bed or I am sure your dog will be just as happy sleeping on a dog bed or in his crate/kennel at night next to the bed. It may take a bit of training, but there are nights my dog chooses his kennel over my fluffy warm blankets lol
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cats, and I let them. If they get on top of my chest or head, then I have to push them off because they smother me (they are each 20-30 lbs.), but they only do that when I'm awak before I've fallen asleep or after I've woken. Most often, they come and go from either laying on my feet/legs, or running around chasing each other around.

They lay on the floor next to the bed just as much.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My bed is a pelt on the floor with a few blankets and pillows (I prefer the floor to an actual bed), so my pup usually comes and goes when he pleases during the night. Most days I'll wake up and we'll be sharing the pillow. Some people find it gross, but my pets are my babies, and human babies are pretty gross, sometimes, too;-)
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    No, he kicks too much!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Not since that time I rolled over onto Skeeter in the middle of the night and woke up with a dead cat in the bed.

POOR SKEETER!

tumblr_mb0eo4LHrV1rfjzfxo1_500.gif
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I let my cat sleep with me. When I had my dog, he was not allowed in my bed.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    If I'm just taking a quick nap during the day, my dog will sleep with me. He likes to spoon and gets kicky when he's in a deep sleep, so at night he get's the option of sleeping in the cushy dog bed on the floor in my room, or he goes and sleeps on my Dad's CA king bed. He get's his own side of the bed with my Dad...and never tries to spoon him (he sleeps in a pallet on top of the bed, not under the covers). When we adopted him a year ago, they told us he was crate trained and liked to sleep in his crate. That lasted 2 nights with us. If he's on my bed and I want him to get down, I just point my finger to the floor and doesn't get back up again until I invite him up. On my Dad's bed he feels no invitation is required. Ha!

My indoor 12 year old cat has never slept with me, but he does like to sleep on top of the bed we have in our spare bedroom, especially during the day when the sun is shining through.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No he snores like a drunk docker with sleep apnoea