Do your pets share your bed?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    My Lab mix sleeps next to me at the top of the bed, then my Pit mix curls up inside the crook of my knees. I try to sleep on my right side, because sleeping on my left I risk the chance of broccoli farts in my mouth as I sleep. :sick:
  • blupanda12
    blupanda12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yep, my two cats share the bed until (A) my fatty male gets hungry and vocal or (B) the early morning game of tag starts. Then they get kicked out of the bedroom for the rest of the night.

I love it because we sometimes don't get home until almost bedtime, so it gives us extra time to spend with them and they tend to be quieter on nights where we've come home late.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I used to have a miniature dachshund who slept in my bed, under the covers down by my legs/feet. When she got much older she had trouble getting on and off the bed, and pet stairs were the solution for a couple of years but then it got worse and she had accidents in the bed so that wasn't gonna happen anymore, and she had her own little pet bed next to my bed.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Every cat I have ever had tries to. I am a super restless sleeper though so they generally get kicked off pretty quick when I need to turn over or something. I don't share my sleeping space well. Even the hubbs gets kicked frequently (totally not on purpose).
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Not since that time I rolled over onto Skeeter in the middle of the night and woke up with a dead cat in the bed.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    my chocolate lab sleeps in the bed when my husband is out of town on business, the cat, however, gets kicked off the bed if she is found to have snuck in the bed in the middle of the night!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Yep "tons of fun" sleeps at my wifes feet every night.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty sure i'm sleeping in THEIR bed. i'm only in it 6 hours a day - they're in it like 20.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm either in a Jack Russell sandwich, or one is on my pillow and the other is between hubs and I with her head on the pillow like a person.

We switched sides of the bed recently so I can start sleeping on my left side during pregnancy... the dogs did not appreciate this.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i had 3 labradors and they all used to sleep on and in the bed..lol when it was cold the golden lab used to get under the duvet with me.. the black lab was always sleeping across the pillows and id end up half way down the bed clinging on to the little bit i had left… but i wouldn't have had it any other way :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty sure i'm sleeping in THEIR bed. i'm only in it 6 hours a day - they're in it like 20.

I have to close my bedroom door now. Stitch will pee on a corner of my comforter out of spite if I happen to do something to piss him off.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My pitbull/boxer mix completely ignores his expensive doggy bed and prefers a spot on the floor as long as he has his favorite pillow to cuddle with.

suzv46.jpg

But he does hop into bed with me for at least half the night, and I don't mind it one bit. I love my fur baby..raunchy farts and all.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Who could say no to this ↓ face?
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The new kitten is always on my neck, chest, head, face. It's a little annoying in a truly adorable and lovable way. He's so dang cute. The big cat didn't always get in bed but when she does, I like it. I miss her. She doesn't get a lot of bed time since the kitten came home.

It's all about the baby now.

orange-monkey-profile-300x294.jpg

Such a little cutie!!!!!!
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My cat, Phoebe sleeps by my feet or on them the whole night. Before my boyfriend moved in she would sleep right next to my head with my arm around her the whole night. My dog, James, mostly sleeps on the couch curled up in a blanket, but sometimes he will come into the bedroom (especially if its storming) and jump on the bed and burrow under the blankets and sleep by my legs. All of them sleep by me and not my boyfriend. Which he doesn't like them on the bed because they wake him up, but I told him he could sleep elsewhere if he didn't like it that much.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Mostly in the fall/winter. He is an 80lb German Shepherd. :heart:

He starts out sleeping on the floor (or his own bed) but at some point in the middle of the night he gets the idea that he's going to hop up on the bed and sleep with us. I'm ok with it, as long as I am in bed at the time and can jockey for position. He's a complete bed hog and lots of times he and I end up fighting for space (he doesn't bother my husband. Just me). It's to the point where if I move a little, he moves in and vice versa. There have been plenty of times that I have been sleeping on my stomach and he'll put his paws and head on my legs and sleep so I can't go any where :laugh:

Oh, he also somehow got it into his head that when you scratch him on the head if you get up at night that means "come join us on the bed!":laugh:
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    No, my cat has her own bed!
    I WISH she would come cuddle with me :(
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to keep my cats off beds.

^^ This. Good luck if you think the cat is not on the counter, furniture, bed, etc when you aren't looking! And, yes, the dog, as well.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My cat, Phoebe sleeps by my feet or on them the whole night. Before my boyfriend moved in she would sleep right next to my head with my arm around her the whole night. My dog, James, mostly sleeps on the couch curled up in a blanket, but sometimes he will come into the bedroom (especially if its storming) and jump on the bed and burrow under the blankets and sleep by my legs. All of them sleep by me and not my boyfriend. Which he doesn't like them on the bed because they wake him up, but I told him he could sleep elsewhere if he didn't like it that much.

If my BF told me I could sleep somewhere else if I did not like sleeping with his animals, he could bang his animals too, cause I would be OUT.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to keep my cats off beds.

^^ This. Good luck if you think the cat is not on the counter, furniture, bed, etc when you aren't looking! And, yes, the dog, as well.

The proper dose of electricity will do wonders for their choice of places to perch....