Why are people so hateful??

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I like how people are like "we don't do X around here".

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean someone else can't. Please put your opinion and facts into it but all the name calling and slander is just a bunch of pathetic internet warriors who hate their own lives thus they put down others.

My personal belief is that if I were going to type something on the Internet I would say it in person. I highly doubt the majority of you have the fortitude to say half of what you say here.

Want to flame me? Go ahead I rarely read the forums and just peak in every now and then.

Post calling out name calling and slander contains name calling and slander. delicious.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You obviously don't recognize me and assume me to be someone else. I am one who is fully prepared to confront anyone IN PERSON. I have never had any face picture here. You are obviously clueless and the exact person my post was about.

lulz, i think someone from my gunboards found mfp.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    The person can remove themselves from a bullying situation online.

Just debating at this point but can't the bully stop as well?

In case you are unaware, bullying in person and over the internet is ILLEGAL. It is taken very seriously by authorities.

ETA: Not talking to you zeroaccess. Talking to the person above you.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    gaming forums and mother/baby forums...especially the mother/baby ones.

One drunken bet had me making a baby/mother forum account and asking what the proper dose was to help quiet down my teething infant. (I have no child.)

HOLY COW. I had my life threatened, people threatened to call CPS, and within 27 minutes I was banned. I only made ONE post.

Was truly epic.

Dose of what?

I forgot to write benadryl.

Proper dose of benadryl.

You should have said Whiskey. More believable (my grandparents used it mixed with honey to calm babies), and likely even more offensive.

Bet you'd have banned in under 20 minutes.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

If they are truly attacking someone, (and I don't mean just disagreeing but actually name calling them), then there is the report feature. Mods will handle it from there.

And again..there is also the ignore feature which blocks the person from seeing what supposed bully is saying.

You can't be responsible for other people's actions, nor can you control them. But you can take what you do and how you handle things into your own hands.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I absolutely agree. However, it's rare that I see somebody actually being a bully - I mean, even the name calling in this thread is directed to "people who live in their mom's basement."
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I get an urge to start a thread with the request to provide your interpretation of the words:
    Meanie
    Bully
    Hater

But you don't get to accuse anyone unless you post examples from the forums. Wonder how it would develop...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It's not bullying if it's a situation where an adult can walk away without real life consequences.

That is probably the most direct and succient definition of bullying I've ever seen. Well done.

Yeah, being bullied is when you are in a situation you cannot walk away from without consequence and you are bein coerced.

That does not exist here.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I get an urge to start a thread with the request to provide your interpretation of the words:
    Meanie
    Bully
    Hater

But you don't get to accuse anyone unless you post examples from the forums. Wonder how it would develop...

Just be prepared for those claiming to be bullied to blame the mods nuking the thread as the reason for lack of evidence.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    People are vicious, but everyone has right to their own opinions. Unfortunately some of them have diarrhea of the mouth (fingers for typing) and can't control themselves. And you are absolutely right; MFP is a place for support and encouragement. Some people don"t get that
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I populated my friends list with "meanies, bullies and haters" because if I want to lose weight and/or improve my fitness then I want to surround myself with people who will hold me accountable. People who do nothing but say "good job" and "you go" do nothing for me. What helps are people who are bold enough to tell me to my face when I am wrong.

I highly recommend to all those who claim they want accountability...put your money where your mouth is and find yourself a good team of "haters" who know what they are doing.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Meanie
    Bully
    Hater

I don't think many people even know what the meaning of these words are.

Just disagreeing with someone, even if it's dangerous, and you get thrown into the lions den, for being a hater and rude.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

In case you are unaware, bullying in person and over the internet is ILLEGAL. It is taken very seriously by authorities.

ETA: Not talking to you zeroaccess. Talking to the person above you.

Do you think that I am unaware of much or that I am a bully?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I populated my friends list with "meanies, bullies and haters" because if I want to lose weight and/or improve my fitness then I want to surround myself with people who will hold me accountable. People who do nothing but say "good job" and "you go" do nothing for me. What helps are people who are bold enough to tell me to my face when I am wrong.

I highly recommend to all those who claim they want accountability...put your money where your mouth is and find yourself a good team of "haters" who know what they are doing.

:drinker:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    It's not bullying if it's a situation where an adult can walk away without real life consequences.

That is probably the most direct and succient definition of bullying I've ever seen. Well done.

Yeah, being bullied is when you are in a situation you cannot walk away from without consequence and you are bein coerced.

That does not exist here.

Good thing the authorities don't view the definition of bullying as "a situation you cannot walk away from without consequence."
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    What's a hater?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Meanie
    Bully
    Hater

DO IT
    I don't have a death wish and my idea of walking on the wild side is basically walking against red lights or driving a bit over the speed limit... All the "nice people" might turn out to be the real meanies ya know.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I got nothing else to debate :(. Ya'll won. With the report and ignore feature as well as the Mods to intervene. I'm stumped.

Was really hoping to rally and overthrow the regime but now I just wanna be part of it. Time to go get my snickers, joker mask, and tie grenades to people. The kill string will be attached to the pin, fall too far back and well KABOOM!
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    gaming forums and mother/baby forums...especially the mother/baby ones.

One drunken bet had me making a baby/mother forum account and asking what the proper dose was to help quiet down my teething infant. (I have no child.)

HOLY COW. I had my life threatened, people threatened to call CPS, and within 27 minutes I was banned. I only made ONE post.

Was truly epic.

Dose of what?

I forgot to write benadryl.

Proper dose of benadryl.

At least you didn't suggest feeding your baby formula.

They are a FANTASTIC place to suggest that post-partum depression is the primary cause of SIDS.
This discussion has been closed.