Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Misunderstandings abound in a text format where you can't see facial expressions or hear vocal inflections. For example, I just had a lady argue with me in the 42 calorie mac & cheese thread after I agreed with her. Maybe I should start my own mean people thread? Hmm, better wait until Friday, I hear that's when the cool mean people threads happen.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Misunderstandings abound in a text format where you can't see facial expressions or hear vocal inflections. For example, I just had a lady argue with me in the 42 calorie mac & cheese thread after I agreed with her. Maybe I should start my own mean people thread? Hmm, better wait until Friday, I hear that's when the cool mean people threads happen.

Can we start a butthurt people thread? Or is that mean?
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I have actually considered this. GET OUT OF MY BRAIN.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

tumblr_m140d4fQX71qbf24xo1_r1_500.gif
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I would be down, but somebody else needs to start it. Even my very best attempt at forum thread creation only made it to four pages.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    It's not bullying if it's a situation where an adult can walk away without real life consequences.

That is probably the most direct and succient definition of bullying I've ever seen. Well done.

Yeah, being bullied is when you are in a situation you cannot walk away from without consequence and you are bein coerced.

That does not exist here.

Good thing the authorities don't view the definition of bullying as "a situation you cannot walk away from without consequence."

According to this site, adults can't be the victim of cyberbullying at all. They can be guilty of cyberharrassment, but only if they "repeatedly harass or threaten someone online."

https://www.wiredsafety.org/subjects/cyberbullying.php

I wouldn't consider any of the exchanges that have been discussed in this thread to fall under that guideline.

Can people be jerks? Sure. Are people on this website regularly "repeatedly harassing and threatening" other members? Not in my opinion. I'm not going to say it's never happened. But it certainly isn't common. And like Pikaknight said, there are moderators here who deal with that sort of thing.

Adults CAN be a victim of cyberbullying.

http://www.overcomebullying.org/cyberbullying.html

That website is hilarious!

Wait...it's serious?

Oh...ummmm...ok...

No, seriously. I googled her name, found the blog that she was talking about. It's disgusting.

However, as an adult, I think that she's able to move on with her life, even in the face of defamation and extortion.

duuude. :noway: I googled her name too & what a nightmare.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Anyone else come in line with some down right hostile threads going on here.....This is supposed to be a place of help and support, not ripping each other to shreds on who is right and wrong. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will for someone else and vice versa. Am I alone on this? :grumble:

So is this about people who are actually "mean" or just people who disagree with something and people's feelings are hurt? Because I see a lot of the latter and not that much of the former. (And when there *are* mean people, they're almost always called out and appropriately dealt with.)

Guess I'll just read the 16+ pages to find out.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like how people are like "we don't do X around here".

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean someone else can't.

They can do anything they want. Just don't come back whining when it doesn't work or you gain it all back.

We're all here counting calories because most of us have failed at these stupid money wasting fads.

AMEN!! DITTO!!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    whatever.
    bring on the cats!

255.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Anyone else come in line with some down right hostile threads going on here.....This is supposed to be a place of help and support, not ripping each other to shreds on who is right and wrong. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will for someone else and vice versa. Am I alone on this? :grumble:

No this not a place of help and support.
    Its a calorie counting website. That's all it's "supposed to be"

Wait what? We are sitting in "Motivation and Support" category of the Community Forum.

Your response is confusing me.

For the record, I find this thread neither motivating nor supporting. Perhaps it was created in the wrong category?
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Major failure on the mods behalf.

Mods are volunteers. You can't expect excellence from an all volunteer force.

Is that a jab at the us armed forces?
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Perhaps giving advice (telling people what to do) is not the way to go. Maybe say 'this is what I do, and look at where I am after months of doing it.'
    And if they still persist in their crazy **** write them off as 'unteachable.'
    I'm beginning to notice that there are some people in this million plus community that have mental and emotional challenges. But there are many sane people, and many plain-speaking people (ouch!) who I need to hear. I'm so sick of being a sucker for diets, and weight loss professionals and all the other product pimps who took my money!! Lindora--you hear me???!!!
  • Gingergal12
    Gingergal12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    OP: Life too short to get bummed out over a comment someone says on the internet.

P.S. I can't stop thinking about those chocolate cupcakes someone posted about 6 pages ago! :love:
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Anyone else come in line with some down right hostile threads going on here....

Because people ask questions that five seconds of searching could have told them that what they want to do is a bad idea, then the requestor pops off about how no one is supportive of their moronic ideas.
This discussion has been closed.