Do i have the right to be upset?

Options

Replies

212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he wants to break up with you without telling you he wants to break up with you. Its pretty easy to read between the lines.

By the way, from looking at your pictures I'm pretty sure you could find someone more local to you. Just saying.
  • willywonka_71
    willywonka_71 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    that's a hell of a flimsy excuse. do you happen to be dating a mama's boy? because those never end well.

Strong agree
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    honestly, pretty sure he's lying to you. But to answer your question, yes, I'd be upset.

Im sorry but I call BS too - He would answer his phone otherwise.

tumblr_inline_mizwjcAh6z1qz4rgp.png
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm an expert or anything but I sounds to me like he's got something else going were he's now living. If I had gotten into a fight with any family member I would want to get away and go be with someone I care about to put the fight behind me. You may have been able to provide a new perspective on the fight. Sound to me that he is also a mama's boy and your never gonna compete with that. If I were you I'd end it and move on. How long have you been with this guy??
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have to agree - sounds like he's lying. That's a really lame excuse, and his not responding is another red flag. I also agree with the people who said if you're dating a "momma's boy" --GET OUT!!! Really, those situations do NOT end well. And he's clearly not treating you with the same level of commitment and enthusiasm that you're extending to him. Sounds like heartache ahead. Easy to say, I know, but you're probably better off getting out. Sorry - just my opinion.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Also, I notice that it is people who have had the worst relationships that offer the most relationship advice.

How To Be Miserable 101.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    honestly, pretty sure he's lying to you. But to answer your question, yes, I'd be upset.
    yeah something does not sound right.

that's what my sister said,she thinks its an excuse

Another for excuse. If a fight with his mom has him so upset that he can't see his girlfriend then his man card should be revoked anyway.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    the amount of projection in this thread is ridiculous. have none of you ever wanted a weekend alone after having a sh*tty week? who the hell wants to spend 4 hours on a train in that kind of mood?

im not saying its 100% chance he's not lying, but jesus jump to conclusions much
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Also, I notice that it is people who have had the worst relationships that offer the most relationship advice.

How To Be Miserable 101.

^ truth, though in this case the dude sounds like a weeny
  • Hophead43
    Options
    Just to add on... I checked out your profile, not only is he a Mama's boy but he can't be too bright! You are quite the hottie! If he would rather spend time with his angry Mom let him. You shouldn't have any issues with upgrading!! Good luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think he's lying to you, because he had a fight with his mom and is mad? Why wouldn't he want to get out of there and spend time with you and not be around her?

this
  • Hophead43
    Options
    Totally agree!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you're 29?! how old is your boyfriend!?
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You have every right to be upset. That's a really stupid reason to not come see you. Got in a fight with his mom? Get over it. Don't punish your girlfriend because of your personal crap.

If he's made frustrated such that he cancels plans that easily, I'd dump him. There are men out there who are made of stronger stuff than that. The man you're with needs to be a rock in the storm, not a piece of driftwood.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I guess I just fail to see the logic behind the 'I had a fight with my mom, I don't feel like seeing you' excuse. And the fact that he's not replying to your texts, well, it's not very encouraging. Unless he's 22 and still lives with his mom and she took his phone away and is not allowing him to visit, then, well, you probably shouldn't be dating him then if you're 29 like the other poster said.

I'd just stop texting him so you don't sound needy or overly protective and wait until he contacts you again. But yeah, I'd be pissed too, and would probably not make more efforts to change shifts etc just to see him in the future. You seem to be willing to do more for him than he's willing to do for you, if a fight with his mom is really an excuse not to see you, and it's not a good sign.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    FYI.. if he loved you and had a big fight with his mom and was upset... the first place he would WANT to come would be to see you.

I think you should seriously think about the future of this relationship.
  • jferg70
    jferg70 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    His excuse doesn't pass the smell test...I'd be pissed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Look OP, you have a choice. Your weekend is now free regardless.

Are you going to sit and stew on this all weekend or are you going to make the best of the free time that's been given to you?

If you made a sacrifice to have this weekend free, don't let it get wasted. Stop worrying about your boyfriend and his behavior. You can't control what he does. Start making some plans for yourself. Deal with him and his bull**** later.
  • wlapp1107
    wlapp1107 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yeah something does not sound right.

that's what my sister said,she thinks its an excuse

Listen to your sister! What does a fight with mom have to do with seeing you? And then not responding to you? BIG red flag.

You certainly have the right to be mad AND the right to look closely at the entire relationship. This doesn't add up. He should want to get away from "mom" more after a fight so it sounds like BS to me.
  • greeneyes972
    Options

Im sorry but I call BS too - He would answer his phone otherwise.

I was in a relationship with a guy for 2.5 years, and he moved for a job. We tried the LDR thing for 2 months, and he pulled the same BS yours is pulling now, to a T. Only it wasn't once, it was multiple times. I'm guessing this isn't the first time yours has pulled this crap either. Anyway, turned out he had a new GF in his new town. Dump his *kitten*. he's lying to you. If he cared, he would not cancel after you've gone to so much trouble to be able to see him. And he sure as HELL would not ignore your texts/calls. He's a liar and cheater, IMO.